Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

#6 is worth more than #15 + #33 if Tunsil or Ramsey is available

Tennessee is mentioned as a trading partner and Mayock even mocked them making this exact trade last night, but I don't think that will work for the Ravens if either Tunsil or Ramsey is available. In fact, if both of those players go in the first 5 selections, I'd still like to see the Ravens get more for #6.

The additional wild card is Myles Jack. Not because he might be available at 6 (I'd be quite surprised if he is not), but because having pick 15 may well put the Ravens back in the difficult position of having to decide if his health concerns are worth the risk.

The big story tonight, IMO will be the fall of Myles Jack. I hope the kid is not in attendance. It's a very sad story and not self-inflicted like so many other knuckleheads.

Re: #6 is worth more than #15 + #33 if Tunsil or Ramsey is available

What else are you thinking? 4th and a 5th and Ravens give back a 6th? Wishful thinking?

There is no guarantee that either Tunsil or Ramsey will be a better player three years from now than whomever is chosen at #15 and #33.Neither is a can't miss and there are numerous busts every year chosen in round 1.

I would take what would essentially be two of the top 33 for #6. Not that big of a drop off in talent.

Sent from my N817 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    There is no guarantee that either Tunsil or Ramsey will be a better player three years from now than whomever is chosen at #15 and #33.Neither is a can't miss and there are numerous busts every year chosen in round 1.

I would take what would essentially be two of the top 33 for #6. Not that big of a drop off in talent.

I tend to agree, especially this year

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I would agree with this line of thinking. Someone would have to sweeten the pot if one of those two were available.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    What else are you thinking? 4th and a 5th and Ravens give back a 6th? Wishful thinking?
    No, I'd want #15, 33, and 45 and settle for #15, 43, and 45. My reasoning is this:

1. The Titans had #1 and were poised to take Tunsil.
    2. They moved down and raped the Rams in the process for an as-yet-to-be-determined value, but extraordinary haul of picks.
    3. They presumably still want Tunsil or Stanley to protect last year's investment.
    4. Tunsil would go no worse than the top 4 picks had this prisoner's dilemma game not started with the QBs.
    5. If you say Tunsil's value is pick 3.5, which I think is conservative, he's suddenly a very similar chart value (2000 points) to 15 + 43 + 45 (2020 points by PFT)

Cool Re: #6 is worth more than #15 + #33 if Tunsil or Ramsey is available

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    No, I'd want #15, 33, and 45 and settle for #15, 43, and 45. My reasoning is this:

1. The Titans had #1 and were poised to take Tunsil.
    2. They moved down and raped the Rams in the process for an as-yet-to-be-determined value, but extraordinary haul of picks.
    3. They presumably still want Tunsil or Stanley to protect last year's investment.
    4. Tunsil would go no worse than the top 4 picks had this prisoner's dilemma game not started with the QBs.
    5. If you say Tunsil's value is pick 3.5, which I think is conservative, he's suddenly a very similar chart value (2000 points) to 15 + 43 + 45 (2020 points by PFT)
    I'd make this trade faster than the Flash with a case of the runs!

Blog Entries

I'm on record as wanting more namely the 1st rounder in 2017 ... value goes out the window when we are trading out of elite range
    Tenn got so much for the #1 pick it is laughable for them to get back to 6 for only their 2nd (and pocketing an additional 2 seconds and a 2017 1st and 3rd

If I were Tenn I'd do #15 and #33 for #6 in a New York Minute.

Effectively moving from 1 to 6 for and gaining #43, #45, #76 and 2017 1st and 3rd
    Why would they require so much to move down and expect us to let them move back for a relative pittance? To quite possibly get the player they were targeting in the first place?
    They would be laughing at us for years.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Posed the same question in another thread last week.
    I gave the scenario would you rather have....

Tunsil and the current 36th pick
    or
    Monroe + 15th + 33rd and 36th pick

Majority choose first option.

The way I'm looking at it is that there is a possibility that Jack could slip as far as 15 and Spence could be available at 33. I think Jack AND Spence could potentially bring much more to the team than anyone that would be available at #6.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post

This, happens every year. Jubilation of the draft pick and then disappointment come playing time. Can't get too hyped up.

Blog Entries

If the Ravens would trade #6 plus our 4th round pick (#104) for the Titans #15 plus their 2nd (#33) and their 3rd (#64), I think I'd do it. After all, let's remember they're not moving up for a franchise QB. We would then have a mid-#1 round pick and two high 2nd rounders, also two 3rd round picks. In this 2016 NFL draft, where I'm not convinced about the top 10 having tremendous potential, I believe there are gems to be found between #15 and #64... Bc