Page 74 of 94 FirstFirst ... 7273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 OTAs

Re: 2019 OTAs

Hayden Hurst injured again..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You just came off of a significant foot injury. Putting more weight on your body, at least a significant amount like twenty pounds, puts more pressure on the foot. You already have to readjust to no longer using other surrounding muscles to compensate for the injury. Now, you're adding weight to those other muscles while you try to accomplish that. You run the risk of over-exertion of those surrounding muscles, on top of more foot issues. It's just asking for trouble. Five pounds? maybe. Twenty pounds? Bad idea.
    What?...

He was workout ready/cleared medically mid-season. His injury doesn’t have anything to do with his ability to gain weight effectively....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravenous View Post
    What?...

He was workout ready/cleared medically mid-season. His injury doesn’t have anything to do with his ability to gain weight effectively....
    There's a difference between being workout ready and medically cleared by team doctors to play, and fully healed.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

There's a difference between being workout ready and medically cleared by team doctors to play, and fully healed.
    Shut up shut up shut the hell up

You just came off of a significant foot injury. Putting more weight on your body, at least a significant amount like twenty pounds, puts more pressure on the foot. You already have to readjust to no longer using other surrounding muscles to compensate for the injury. Now, you're adding weight to those other muscles while you try to accomplish that. You run the risk of over-exertion of those surrounding muscles, on top of more foot issues. It's just asking for trouble. Five pounds? maybe. Twenty pounds? Bad idea.
    He said he put on more weight to protect the foot. Made no sense to me either.

Blog Entries

Yup. sounds like a questionable move

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Triple option

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    When’s the last time NE lined up in the Winged Tee Offense?
    Jacoby Brissett started 2 or 3 games when Brady was suspended in '16. Maybe then?

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Harbeckler has built this team to run the Triple Option.
    Yep. That's why they signed Seth Roberts, drafted Marquise & Boykin, then signed UDFAs Antoine Wesley & Joe Horn Jr & Jaylen Smith. To go with Mark Andrews last year.

Hayden Hurst putting on twenty pounds of muscle, coming off of a foot injury, is a bad idea.
    At the very least it sounds counter-intuitive, yeah?

I'm trying to make it sound good to myself. Maybe he was working with really heavy deadlifts and squats, along with power cleans, to get his bones & ligaments used to extra stress??

Eh, unconvincing. I'm with you, this seems like something that can backfire.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSoothSayer View Post
    Shut up shut up shut the hell up
    I should make that my new signature block!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Triple option
    So, here's something that I always wondered. Teams use schemes like the Triple Option to compete when they are outclassed in talent. Navy hung tough with Ohio State several times, even beat them once in recent memory. High school teams use the Wing-T to accomplish similar goals. These offenses rely on execution and deception, and they let teams with less than top-tier talent go toe-to-toe with the big guys.

Question: What would happen if you ran one of those schemes, with top-end talent?

I mean, the scheme & deception would still be there. Now add, like, Deshaun Watson and DeAndre Hopkins. Wouldn't that shit become unstoppable??

What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    So, here's something that I always wondered. Teams use schemes like the Triple Option to compete when they are outclassed in talent. Navy hung tough with Ohio State several times, even beat them once in recent memory. High school teams use the Wing-T to accomplish similar goals. These offenses rely on execution and deception, and they let teams with less than top-tier talent go toe-to-toe with the big guys.

Question: What would happen if you ran one of those schemes, with top-end talent?

I mean, the scheme & deception would still be there. Now add, like, Deshaun Watson and DeAndre Hopkins. Wouldn't that shit become unstoppable??

What am I missing?
    No because unlike high school and college ..the athletes on defense are the best at what they do. 1%ers.
    Schools like Navy run a gimmick offense due to lack of talent. Who wants to go to Navy?
    You don’t see top programs running that stuff. They have superior athletes. Just like the Winged Tee we ran last year ...it works for awhile and or the first time you see it. But once you scheme for it ..you get the playoff game. Teams like Navy and GT when Johnson was there surprised a few teams. But what have they really won with that offense? At the end of the day it’s about wins and championships period. Especially in the NFL. Unless your Cincy.....after a year or three of failure ...it’s time for a change.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp