Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Patriots - best defense?

I don't know how you could even argue at this point.

Average PA after 6 games is 8 and first in turnovers. Who's gonna stop them from continuing to win superbowls?
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Re: Patriots - best defense?

Who said they wasn’t?

Blog Entries

Undoubtedly the best, but just how much better is a question that is yet to be answered because they literally haven’t played a single team worth a shit. The ultimate cupcake schedule. Looking at it they only really have 5 games where they have a legitimate opponent the whole year. Just another thing to hate about that team

Buffalo are a real team. They're not perfect but they're certain to get the first wildcard spot because they play that easy AFC East schedule too.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Undoubtedly the best, but just how much better is a question that is yet to be answered because they literally haven’t played a single team worth a shit. The ultimate cupcake schedule. Looking at it they only really have 5 games where they have a legitimate opponent the whole year. Just another thing to hate about that team
    How can the superbowl champs get a schedule like that. The Ravens have a brutal schedule after the Bengals game. I'm not impressed with their offense and the defense hasn't really been tested

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle18 View Post
    How can the superbowl champs get a schedule like that. The Ravens have a brutal schedule after the Bengals game. I'm not impressed with their offense and the defense hasn't really been tested

They play a Giants team with a rookie QB with no receivers other than Tate and their running game was basically zero without Barkley, people are impressed. The Patriots play the Jet's in 10 days & then they have a six game stretch which will tell us what the Pat's are made of (Browns, Ravens, Eagles, Texans, Cowboys & Chiefs)

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle18 View Post

All games on the schedule, except for 3, are predetermined on an annual rotating basis. When the schedule is released, it's just showing the dates those games will be played.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Pats have the easiest schedule ever in the NFL. Not their fault. You play the teams you get. Their system is basically sound. Everyone is doing their job. In the right place every time. They don’t have a lot of turnover. No major stars. No major headaches. No players playing for a big contract. Everyone is onboard with what BB wants or they are gone.

All the Pats do is take what you give them and execute. Not a lot of great play design. They will use truck plays or deception but they have invented nothing new ever. It is execution and being smart. Barry has not had a deep ball in three years. His arm does not throw deep anymore. But he is very accurate with passes which travel 10-15 yards and jut tight windows. Plus he has seen everything and does jut get fooled often. His receivers run precise routes and are exactly where they should be when he throws the ball.

Strength of Schedule is bullshit in the NFL. Every one of these guys can play. Every one of these guys is a pro. This isn't college.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Here is what the six teams they have played have done offensively in games not against the Patriots:

Steelers: 24 PPG (14th in the league)
    Dolphins: 8.67/31st
    Jets: 8.3/32nd
    Bills: 20/21st
    Redskins: 16.5/29th
    Giants: 19.4/24th

So yeah, kinda hard to tell how good their defense is, when they have played the worst offenses in the league. The only real test was week 1, when Pittsburgh still had Ben, and they held them to three points. But I'll wait until they face a few more decent offenses before deciding how good they are.

You play who's on your schedule, and to their credit they are taking care of business. But if you're trying to decide how good they are, strength of schedule has to be taken into account. The teams they are shutting down are being shut down by every other team as well.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Strength of schedule absolutely means something. There is no reason the defending Superbowl champions should have the weakest schedule in the league but yet it happens and continues to happen for this franchise it seems.

For more than a decade the Patriots schedule should start out 6-0 and begin there because the (Jets, Bills and Dolphins) are generally a dumpster fire every single year.

So far 5 out of 6 teams they faced have a losing record with 3 of those teams do not yet have a win on the season.

Its great to see the Bills have turned things around hopefully give them better competition

12. Re: Patriots - best defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    All games on the schedule, except for 3, are predetermined on an annual rotating basis. When the schedule is released, it's just showing the dates those games will be played.
    2, right? 6 division, 4 against same-conference division, 4 against opposite-conference division are all set. 2 games against other same-conference divisions depend on prior year's finish.

Which raises an interesting question of how they would do the schedule if they switch to 17 games.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)