Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Flacco's Follies...

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    No doubt, I still shake my fucking head at what they did to him in 2013...AJ Shipley and Gino Gradkowski inside starting, throwing to a completely washed up Dallas Clark/Brandon Stokely along with crappy WR's Deonte Thompson/Jacoby Jones/Marlon Brown/Tandon Doss and Torrey Smith and a completely ridiculous role he was not suited for.
    One of the worst supporting casts I’ve ever seen. Ozzie got lazy af after that super bowl.

No doubt, I still shake my fucking head at what they did to him in 2013...AJ Shipley and Gino Gradkowski inside starting, throwing to a completely washed up Dallas Clark/Brandon Stokely along with crappy WR's Deonte Thompson/Jacoby Jones/Marlon Brown/Tandon Doss and Torrey Smith and a completely ridiculous role he was not suited for.
    Yeah people like clean, easy answers. its Flacco. No, its harbs. no its ozzie. no, its bad luck. NO, its the league. no, it was pees.

It was everything. Its a lot of things. Flacco, if he wants, will still play in this league and probably get back to the playoffs too. But he's not the guy to carry a ship, and the window for building around him here is over. Unless he's at the helm of an unlikely playoff run this year (unlikely given our deficiencies and his injury), he's gone. Ozzie was already given his defacto pink slip. Pink Slip Harbs too UNLESS He and LJ lead us to playoffs this year. Then maybe we get a cleaner answer that it really is primarily about Flacco.

I dont believe that, tho.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Yeah people like clean, easy answers. its Flacco. No, its harbs. no its ozzie. no, its bad luck. NO, its the league. no, it was pees.

It was everything. Its a lot of things. Flacco, if he wants, will still play in this league and probably get back to the playoffs too. But he's not the guy to carry a ship, and the window for building around him here is over. Unless he's at the helm of an unlikely playoff run this year (unlikely given our deficiencies and his injury), he's gone. Ozzie was already given his defacto pink slip. Pink Slip Harbs too UNLESS He and LJ lead us to playoffs this year. Then maybe we get a cleaner answer that it really is primarily about Flacco.

Awesome fucking post and many of us see it this way but many still want to just point the finger at one thing when this was a perfection combination of shit storm of mediocrity

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    One of the worst supporting casts I’ve ever seen. Ozzie got lazy af after that super bowl.
    Ozzie got obsessed with replacing Ray and Ed and proceeded to botch 3 straight drafts in the process (2013-2015 drafts were atrocious outside of getting Mosely)

5. Re: Flacco's Follies...

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    No question that he's been guilty of throwing off his back foot but in his defense as it relates to the video I posted, he hurt his left hip labrum early in the game and I'm sure that influenced his throwing motion. We can criticize Joe for many things, and he earns the criticism (certainly more than his paycheck), but no one can deny his toughness. He plays through a hip labrum tear while Roethlisberger acts as if he's been shot after being tackled from behind.
    If the hip labrum was torn, he'd be on IR already as that would require surgery. It sounds like it is probably a deep bruise? I guess we'll find out this week.

6. Re: Flacco's Follies...

I mean he is what he is. A solid QB, nothing more, nothing less.
    He's basically Eli Manning, maybe a notch below. Stays healthy, doesn't turn it over all that much but needs a really good o-line & back to help carry the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    If the hip labrum was torn, he'd be on IR already as that would require surgery. It sounds like it is probably a deep bruise? I guess we'll find out this week.
    if he practices on Wed or Thr, then he should play... starter!

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post

Sorry my man, players just can't turn it on and decide to play great. Flacco is not adjusting to how opponents play against him. It takes maturity and wisdom to actually learn from your weaknesses yet Flacco keeps running into the same problems with reads and mechanics. Unless there is a system out there that allows Flacco to throw footballs like a robot he has to actually respect the opponents he plays against. This dude thought that the Steelers defense was free and they made him eat his own words. If that doesn't humble him, then I don't know that Flacco would ever grow as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Sorry my man, players just can't turn it on and decide to play great. Flacco is not adjusting to how opponents play against him. It takes maturity and wisdom to actually learn from your weaknesses yet Flacco keeps running into the same problems with reads and mechanics. Unless there is a system out there that allows Flacco to throw footballs like a robot he has to actually respect the opponents he plays against. This dude thought that the Steelers defense was free and they made him eat his own words. If that doesn't humble him, then I don't know that Flacco would ever grow as a player.

it were as though you didn't read my post. Read the post, and actually respond to it. I'm not quite sure what argument you think i'm making.