Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Re: Painful to watch video of Joe leaving points and yards on the field...

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    Flacco is a bit of an enigma to me. Powns the Steelers at Heinze while playing lights out and then stinks it up vs the Browns. He’s tough to figure. Does everything need to go perfect in a game for him with some luck thrown in? To be honest, a lot of teams get lucky at times. The general consensus among my Ravens friends and family is that he has the football IQ of a mushroom and has cost many OCs there jobs. Is he overconfident? Arrogant? Uncoachable?
    Personally, I think he cashed in and retires after this season, but then again I may be wrong. He’s puzzling for sure.
    Either way you all have a great owner and solid front office. Exciting times are ahead for the fans.
    JM2C
    It wouldn't surprise me if he retires, knowing he has to go to TC and compete for his job against a dynamic player with unknown upside, possibly with a new HC and OC, and with many fans calling for blood if they miss the playoffs again.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

>Stats argument for why Flacco is mediocre
    "N-No he's not; he needs better players around him, bad O-Line etc."

>Film showing sub-optimal play from Flacco
    "Every QB makes silly mistakes at the frequency that Joe does"

3. Re: Painful to watch video of Joe leaving points and yards on the field...

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    So basically two fuckups in one play. Great.
    And people say Flacco is not capable of multi-tasking.....that shoots that one down.....

I think Flacco's problem is that he's not dynamic pre-snap in a Manning / Brees / Brady way - he's not going to kill the opposition with great audible, nor is our "system" seemingly set up for that. At the same time, I think he is no longer dynamic post snap. I think the knee injury sapped a bit of his athleticism, and he's aged.

If you go back and watch that playoff run, he was elusive in the pocket. Quick outside the pocket. The last time I saw that from him was under Kubiak, which also happened to be before the knee injury.

Now, ON TOP OF THAT, he's not a top of the line pocket presence guy. he's doesn't always sense he's about to get hit, and he also doesn't have a knack for knowing where to go like Rodgers / Big Ben

So, when our o-line protect him and he's has good fundamentals, i think he looks above average. But when the o-line fails - or he THINKS its going to fail - he focuses too much on getting rid of the ball quickly, he throws of back foot, and he doesn't go through his progressions "in order"

that's painful to watch, but also really cool analysis I don't get to see very often, makes me wonder what our coaches are doing because I assume they see the same things

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    I think Flacco's problem is that he's not dynamic pre-snap in a Manning / Brees / Brady way - he's not going to kill the opposition with great audible, nor is our "system" seemingly set up for that. At the same time, I think he is no longer dynamic post snap. I think the knee injury sapped a bit of his athleticism, and he's aged.

If you go back and watch that playoff run, he was elusive in the pocket. Quick outside the pocket. The last time I saw that from him was under Kubiak, which also happened to be before the knee injury.

Now, ON TOP OF THAT, he's not a top of the line pocket presence guy. he's doesn't always sense he's about to get hit, and he also doesn't have a knack for knowing where to go like Rodgers / Big Ben

So, when our o-line protect him and he's has good fundamentals, i think he looks above average. But when the o-line fails - or he THINKS its going to fail - he focuses too much on getting rid of the ball quickly, he throws of back foot, and he doesn't go through his progressions "in order"
    He was never good "post snap". I don't consider getting baited into locking on to his first read with post snap coverage switch as a "good" post snap player.

This video proves what a lot of us have known about Flacco for a long time. Doesnt scan the field, doesnt read defenses, doesnt make adjustments at the line of scrimmage, throws off his back foot. All of which is acceptable from a year 1-2 qb.

Flacco is physically gifted and has milked that all the way until now. And there is no doubt he in my mind he can still win games and play well with an elite defense and an elite OC and good WRs. Problem is its hard to get an OC like that, that wont get a HC job, or an elite d and good wrs whilest paying him 120 mil. And this season is the closest the ravens will ever get to getting him the pieces while still paying him.

We are more likely to win games with ryan fitzpatrick and spending the cap on more talent, or better yet, a qb on a rookie contract. Oh wait, we have one!

We are going to be a non-contender either way, why not play lamar and evaluate for a season and a half whether he is the real deal?

As nick foles proved, you can still win a sb with an average qb and a good team. We can win with flacco, but not 120 mil flacco. All lamar has to do is be as bad as flacco if we can get rid of flaccos contract and eric decosta can bring in more talent.

Quote Originally Posted by justifythegame View Post
    As nick foles proved, you can still win a sb with an average qb and a good team. We can win with flacco, but not 120 mil flacco. All lamar has to do is be as bad as flacco if we can get rid of flaccos contract and eric decosta can bring in more talent.
    Boom. The FWO consensus is that the 2012 offense wasn't even that good though. That RR wasn't elite, boldin was old, pitta cant block, torrey runs one route, ray is old and a bunch of other hoopla

Plain and simple. Joe isn't cerebral enough. He doesn't put in the work to be a top quarterback. Look at his mechanics. Look at his footwork. Look at his lazy reads. Look at his poor decision making. Do I believe Joe is smart enough to be a cerebral quarterback? 100%. Do I believe Joe is talented enough to be a top quarterback? 100%. Do I wish Joe Flacco performed up to his potential so he could become one of my all time favorite players? ABSOLUTELY!! I wanted this so badly and still do. The problem is -- he's not driven! Football is a 9-5. He's not driven to win. He's not even driven to safe his career at this point.

Some players play for the competition and love of the game; which is what attracts us to them as fans. Others just play for the $$ and could give a shit less about the outcomes of games. If losing motivated Flacco he would be having a career year right now. If winning motivated Flacco, he would have stepped up and played focused against Pittsburgh, especially with the division on the line.

Win the Super Bowl. Check
    Win Super Bowl MVP. Check
    Prove doubters wrong. Check
    Sign a huge contract. Check.

That was enough for Flacco. Being a leader and mastering the offense, not important to him anymore. Mastering NFL defenses and knowing where to go with the ball on every single play, not important to him anymore. Joe got his money and checked out. He doesn't care as much as we do which is exactly why he has to go.

11 year vet and he can't even recognize when the defense leaves a man completely uncovered?? Not once but twice in the same game?? If that's the effort he want's to give us then he's sealed his fate. He'll be out of the league or on a bench in less than 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm serious, I want Flacco on the bench. I've been saying that for a few days now. I keep hearing "11 year vet" "11 year vet", well if he's playing like a rookie than put in the rookie. Plus, they run the ball better with the rookie in there. Let's just end this then.
    I’m with ya Sword. Start the Messiah. Why wait? Joe’s obviously done. Doesn’t care. Is lazy. So ...let’s start Lamar. After all...MM and Roman are perfect for him so.....what’s the prob? Use the bye to get him up to speed. Make the fans happy. Let the Dynasty Beginn!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I’m with ya Sword. Start the Messiah. Why wait? Joe’s obviously done. Doesn’t care. Is lazy. So ...let’s start Lamar. After all...MM and Roman are perfect for him so.....what’s the prob? Use the bye to get him up to speed. Make the fans happy. Let the Dynasty Beginn!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Massive coping going on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reedfanatic View Post
    that's painful to watch, but also really cool analysis I don't get to see very often, makes me wonder what our coaches are doing because I assume they see the same things
    I would love to be a fly on the wall at the Castle while the coaches are going over the film with Flacco. Do they point these miscues out to him? I would love to see how the film study goes down. Does Joe just sit there with that spacey stare that he has on the bench. It sure doesn't seem to be sinking in even after 11 years.