Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
  1. Re: What happened to the politics forum?

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Well, there's the unsettled issue of whether there are female demons that have hot dream sex with guys, or if that's just a woman thing. Oh, and the experiments with alien DNA, and the lizard people running the government. And hydroxychloroquine. Apparently all of those things are related, somehow. Now we'll never find out.
    The lady that said that is black, and you are, therefore, a racist.

Re: What happened to the politics forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I suppose it could, but only if introduced with Humanzee mutations as well.
    More Humanzee Zuchini please!

Blog Entries

What happened to the politics forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    I actually prefer the subscription view. You flag which forums/topics you want from any site you've added, and it creates a view out of them. Can see the last few threads created in a forum since last time you checked, as well as any updates on threads you're subscribed to.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, that’s helpful. I will just try to block out the Politics Forum, but it would be good if that OT-coronavirus thread could be moved back to where it was.

I think part of the problem with the Politics Forum is that the vast majority of Ravens fans live in Maryland, which is a blue state. Even most Republicans in Maryland would be considered to be Democrats in many other parts of the country. The Ravens have fans all around the country as evidenced by the posters from other more conservative states, but more right wing points of view getting a lot of pushback from a lot of Ravens fans shouldn’t be that surprising. I am just saying that maybe a sports website isn’t the best place for such discussions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Thanks, that’s helpful. I will just try to block out the Politics Forum, but it would be good if that OT-coronavirus thread could be moved back to where it was.

I think part of the problem with the Politics Forum is that the vast majority of Ravens fans live in Maryland, which is a blue state. Even most Republicans in Maryland would be considered to be Democrats in many other parts of the country. The Ravens have fans all around the country as evidenced by the posters from other more conservative states, but more right wing points of view getting a lot of pushback from a lot of Ravens fans shouldn’t be that surprising. I am just saying that maybe a sports website isn’t the best place for such discussions.

So I believe you can follow a thread without following the forum as a whole, but I may be wrong. Even if you can't, it will group the threads with the forum so you can more easily ignore them. Obviously some of the more inflammatory titles will be visible still.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Not sure where I'm going to be able to ask advice about preventing squash vine borers from killing my zucchini now...

Especially since I cut the cord and no longer can watch "The Alt Right Gardener" on HGTV.
    Sevin dust or Sevin liquid both work well against those suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Sevin dust or Sevin liquid both work well against those suckers.
    Thanks man.

I will look into it for sure, although I'm excited at the prospect of watching new plants grow, if i can get them through the August heat.

I might try DE (diatomaceous earth) as well. I know bugs hate that stuff.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 07-31-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    But let's not bury the lead here. Does the alien DNA cause the squash to grow microchips?

Not without demon sperm.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Given the NFL's recent actions politics will be inescapable.

The pressure to talk politics will burst through the pipes and flood a football thread. Since we can’t turn off the water the only thing to do is divert it.

Hopefully, there is technology to blinker those who don’t want to see politics. But for those who do, they need a space to spew.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Going back 5+ years ago makes me think I might have a bit of a unique perspective:

I was one of the first 50-100 or so posters on this board, I commented and followed daily for roughly 10 years. I moved our of state, got busy and tired of the name calling on the main forum. So I left, for nearly a decade. In returning about a year ago, I slowly dipped my toe back Into the politics forum.

As I mentioned the main forum’s insults were one part of why I left. It was understandably a Ravens circle jerk, and any criticism of current or past players was met with staunch and often rude opposition. At least that was my perception. In looking back, I think it was maybe more so that I was a broken record ADD kid derailing threads at the mere mention of the name Oher in a positive light, or Pitta in a glowing light. My unpopular opinion was that both players were massively overrated on this board and I felt it my duty to inform everyone that mentioned those names to do so. I created my own discomfort here.

Bringing this around to the politics forum, what happened down there is nothing but a microcosm of the world around us. Politically, as a country the chasm between left and right grows daily. That forum has always been right leaning for sure. 10ish years ago there was one dissenting voice, and most of us were pretty sure a lot of his takes were intellectually dishonest attempts to stir us up.

Today, in there as well as daily life there is some thinly veiled racism hurled from the right, and there is overt, intentional racism hurled from the left. Anyone that supports trump is tired of being pigeon holed as a racist, sexist, xenophobic, and on and on and that forum is prime example of that.

The left side of the board automatically believes everything the media says and nothing the police or administration say and vice versa. Everyone can find a mountain of evidence from their side of sources they believe to be accurate and true. We talk past each other and find little common ground.

There ARE “some” constructive comments, posts, posters, threads, yes... but it is also true many if not most devolve into the crap being described here. There IS bipartisan contribution to that.

It is also correct it is relatively easy to avoid if one wants to. It is also correct that the default view for Tapatalk lays it all out there like it’s one big forum. It’s also true that on most phones, the web version sucks donkey, so Tapatalk is a near requirement:

I don’t envy the mods. I think the pause is more than justified, but I also think that ultimately the forum needs to exist. It is also nearly impossible to have unbiased moderation. I believe a reminder to be civil and stop with the insults is in order. I beliwve this needs to be explicitly described as both sides making a partnership. Half the country feels recently empowered to attack the other half the country for their conservative beliefs and that most certainly exists down there, but calling it only retaliation is not fair either. We need to work together like the rest of the country cannot to clean that place up.

Hehe right leaning

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The bolded is exactly what happened to the Covid-19 thread from the main forum. A bunch of guys who just couldn't be satisfied with their safe space, randomly showing up in the main forum thread on the occasional weekend, just to screw with it, in the hopes of getting it sent downstairs. Then, we'd get a warning from a Mod, they'd go away for a while, and be back at a later weekend.
    Yup same 3/4 people... been documented in every thread 😂
    Used to happen in the kaep threads too

Like that’s bugg boys lol
    Last edited by WrongBaldy; 07-31-2020 at 12:43 PM.

12. Re: What happened to the politics forum?

Quote Originally Posted by CamdenYard View Post
    Hi everyone,

As we transition from a unique offseason to what promises to be a unique 2020 season, we will (as is our practice) be limiting off-topic (OT) threads on the main Ravens 24x7 forum. This is done to focus the discussion on Ravens football-related content. We will also allow threads on our AFCN rivals on a case by case basis.

Any other OT threads may be deleted or moved without prejudice at the discretion of the moderators.

Thanks in advance for your support.
    (emphasis added)

This post is not Ravens related. Why is it still on this board?
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)