Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: A Spot on Article

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Very good read.

The one thing I don't quite get is why John Harbaugh would be living in a past that he wasn't a part of? Ozzie was there and was the architect of that roster. It makes sense for him. But why Harbaugh? His best success came with Joe Flacco playing his best football. That Super Bowl wasn't about defense. It was about great passing in the playoffs. You would think that would be the past that Harbaugh would want to recreate.
    because Harbs fit their backwards philosophy to the Tee, instead of evolving as an HC he is stuck like their formula for doing things so he gets lumped into it. .

2. Re: A Spot on Article

It's a good article, but you still have to ask, if the writer is correct, which many are assuming he/she is, WHY are they doing this? WHY?? Is it that they are just pigheaded and this is the way they want to do things or do they feel that given what they have this is the best recourse? I don't know the answer to that but I sure as hell don't think it is as simple as that article is painting it, to just say the philosophy is old and that's why we are losing. We want them to "adapt" to the passing nature of the league, but WHY won't they do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Ravens haven't evolved and they are going to get left behind in the dust if they don't find a way to evolve.
    Come join the FWO man we need you bruh LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Come join the FWO man we need you bruh LOL
    lol hell to the nah i'm out here like rocky on my own playing heel now Shug.

No worries you’re still the man LOL

Blog Entries

I'm not buying the article at all. We the fans know the 2000 defense was a once in a generation squad led by the greatest linebacker. It would be nearly impossible to recreate that. Does anyone really think Steve Bisciotti, Dick Cass, Ozzie Newsome and John Harbaugh don't know this either? These are smart people that didn't get to where they are by making stupid decisions.

Ozzie told us after the Super Bowl his goal was was to be strong up the middle on defense. That's a good strategy even in today's pass happy NFL. That would explain the Elam, B Williams, Mosely and Jernigan picks. Also, it's no secret this team has had it's season ended by poor secondary play and lack of pass rush. That would explain the Humphrey, Terrence Brooks, Kafusi, Correa, Z Smith, Bowser and Tim Williams picks.

I don't think Ozzie is trying to recreate the 2000 defense. I think he's trying to put together a respectable unit that can slow down pass happy teams with top tier receivers. Two are in our division with AJ Green and A Brown.

However, there's no doubt this has been at the expense of the offense - until you look a little further. The highest paid player on the team is the franchise QB, which is something the 2000 team never had. Last year's top pick was a tackle in Ronnie Stanley. Regardless of what era you play in, you need a solid LT. In 2015 Ozzie spends his first two picks on WR and TE and ends up getting burned. The 2000 team didn't have high draft picks at those positions.

It seems to me Ozzie is trying to create a balanced team with a little more investment in a strong D. The defense has been in the top 10, but its still can't close out games. The offense should have some play makers, but those picks didn't pan out. The issue isn't that Ozzie is living in the past, the issue is the failed draft picks and FA signings in Elam, A Brown, Perriman, Max Williams, Correa, Kafusi, Maclin, etc.

Teams do this all of the team.

IMO the biggest hurdle to us getting our shit together is egos. I dont think Ozzie will ever admit his way is outdated and I think Harbs thinks his shit doesn't stink.

However, in fact, his shit does stink....it stinks like shit.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    http://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2018/...-to-relive-it/

Wow, I usually can't stand non-Baltimore media outlets talking about the team becasue they usually talk out their ass.

This was really well written.
    "This was a team that was being built like someone that still isn’t over their ex and dates someone almost exactly like them to relive some glory only in their heads."

lol
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I'm not buying the article at all. We the fans know the 2000 defense was a once in a generation squad led by the greatest linebacker. It would be nearly impossible to recreate that. Does anyone really think Steve Bisciotti, Dick Cass, Ozzie Newsome and John Harbaugh don't know this either? These are smart people that didn't get to where they are by making stupid decisions.

Ozzie told us after the Super Bowl his goal was was to be strong up the middle on defense. That's a good strategy even in today's pass happy NFL. That would explain the Elam, B Williams, Mosely and Jernigan picks. Also, it's no secret this team has had it's season ended by poor secondary play and lack of pass rush. That would explain the Humphrey, Terrence Brooks, Kafusi, Correa, Z Smith, Bowser and Tim Williams picks.

I don't think Ozzie is trying to recreate the 2000 defense. I think he's trying to put something together a respectable unit that can slow down pass happy teams.

However, there's no doubt this has been at the expense of the offense - until you look a little further. The highest paid player on the team is the franchise QB, which is something the 2000 team never had. Last year's top pick was a tackle in Ronnie Stanley. Regardless of what era you play in, you need a solid LT. In 2015 Ozzie spends his first two picks on WR and TE and ends up getting burned. The 2000 team didn't have high draft picks at those positions.

It seems to me Ozzie is trying to create a balanced team with a little more investment in a strong D. The defense has been in the top 10, but its still can't close out games. The offense should have some play makers, but those picks didn't pan out. The issue isn't that Ozzie is living in the past, the issue is the failed draft picks and FA signings in Elam, A Brown, Perriman, Max Williams, Correa, Kafusi, Maclin, etc.
    The evidence is pretty strong that the plan this season was to have a lights out, all-in defense.

There's no other way to really justify it. The offense was built to be "good enough".

The defense was built to be amazing.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

dont end up like Sting.... sure the crow thing worked, but then he was stuck in TNA forever
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    The evidence is pretty strong that the plan this season was to have a lights out, all-in defense.

There's no other way to really justify it. The offense was built to be "good enough".

The defense was built to be amazing.
    Agreed. But I don't agree with the article that he's living in the past.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Agreed. But I don't agree with the article that he's living in the past.
    That's not the MO of someone trying to build a roster to compete for titles in today's NFL.

The Cincinnati Bengals have more division titles than the Ravens during the past five years. Mike Brown is doing a better job of roster building than Ozzie Newsome. Let that sink in for a minute.