Re: I think we are sitting in the lead for the #1 draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    Then you better start watching another team
    Word

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

I think we are sitting in the lead for the #1 draft pick

Ravens would only trade down if there wasn't a player worth the top pick that would help this team.

Joey Bosa helps this defense, hands down, and he is also arguably the top player in college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    They've also been to two straight super bowls almost solely because of their defensive prowess there genius
    They are still 2 and 4.

If you expect the Ravens to get to another Superbowl with DEFENSE I hope you have a long, long, long, long lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    lol ...you need to redact your "newsflash" and go back to the drawing board! Fact of the matter is that whatever struggles they are currently going through have zero bearing on the past. Fact is that they got there twice by playing great D.

not sure what your logic is in referencing what they are currently doing.
    Seattle will be going through the same pains that we are going through now as they have had had to pay a lot of money to those responsible for their run. Like a good offensive line.....it's hard to keep and maintain a good defense. Just too many pieces and not enough cap room. Especially when you're dedicating $20+ million in cap room to your QB.

Teams that won with defense first and foremost did so early on in their franchise QB's career....mainly still on their rookie deal or early in the 2nd contract before their cap number really escalated (Patriots/Early Brady, Steelers/Ben, Giants/Eli, Ravens/Joe, Seattle/Wilson). Once that QB gets paid you have to change the game plan and build around him.
    Last edited by DeltaRaven; 10-18-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    They are still 2 and 4.

If you expect the Ravens to get to another Superbowl with DEFENSE I hope you have a long, long, long, long lifetime.
    Again.....what does 2 and 4 have to do with the fact that they went to 2 straight bowls playing great D? In modern era non the less

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Seattle will be going through the same pains that we are going through now as they have had had to pay a lot of money to those responsible for their run. Like a good offensive line.....it's hard to keep and maintain a good defense. Just too many pieces and not enough cap room. Especially when you're dedicating $20+ million in cap room to your QB.
    i agree with you

Blog Entries

The success of the Seahawks the past two years is a prime example that defense still wins out in this league. They should have won two superbowls if not for maybe the worst playcall at the goal line imaginable.

Blog Entries

The success of the Seahawks the past two years is a prime example that defense still wins out in this league. They should have won two superbowls if not for maybe the worst playcall at the goal line imaginable.
    That was also before the Seahawks had to start paying everyone.

Hard to keep teams with that amount of talent together. That's the nature of the NFL and why teams with a franchise QB invest heavily in the offense.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Thank you!!!

The other side of this that makes me laugh is that for some reason people think that acquiring a bunch of offensive skill players that tip the scale and makes us a scoring juggernaut is easier than build a defense in like fashion. smh.....its a casual fan mentality if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    Again.....what does 2 and 4 have to do with the fact that they went to 2 straight bowls playing great D? In modern era non the less
    D doesn't seem to be winning them any games this year does it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post

Teams that won with defense first and foremost did so early on in their franchise QB's career....mainly still on their rookie deal or early in the 2nd contract before their cap number really escalated (Patriots/Early Brady, Steelers/Ben, Ravens/Joe, Seattle/Wilson). Once that QB gets paid you have to change the game plan and build around him.
    Theres really no wrong or right way.....the results on the field will determine. I could just as easily say that if your QB is getting paid big he should be expected to do more with less. Especially given that this hefty price tag takes away from the defense spending as well. Lets not forget that they went out and got a WR with their 1st pick either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That was also before the Seahawks had to start paying everyone.

Hard to keep teams with that amount of talent together. That's the nature of the NFL and why teams with a franchise QB invest heavily in the offense.

Build a dominant defense and an offense with franchise qb, solid offensive line and one dominant pass catcher ie Rob Gronkowski or dominant back ie Lynch. The rest of the offense should be built with serviceable and reliable players. We don't have the dominant pass catcher or transcendent back. This year I like the way the Broncos are built, although I would have expected more out of Manning.