Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. What home game(s) are you going to this year?

Living 4 hrs away, I have to carefully pick and choose my games. Right now, I have tix for the Cards and Bengals.

Season tix holders, you can spare me the "all of them" responses.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Re: What home game(s) are you going to this year?

I have a friend with season tickets and I usually get a call whenever he has extra seats or can't go a couple times a year. Soooo.... I don't know, but I'll definitely be there at least a few times!
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

All 24 games (including the preseason games), because I'll be at home listening on my radio to every game. LOL! Seriously, if I could, I'd go to the Ravens/Browns game.

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Living 4 hrs away, I have to carefully pick and choose my games. Right now, I have tix for the Cards and Bengals.

Season tix holders, you can spare me the "all of them" responses.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    You should be able to get tickets for below face value for almost all the games for a variety of reasons:

-Many don't think the Ravens will be any good
    -Many are still angry and unforgiving about the unity kneeling of 2017
    -No more Suggs, Weddle and CJ i.e. no more excitment
    -Flacco lash
    -Lamar will suck
    -Safety/Crime/Death concerns
    -Expense of the in game experience

I know that sounds extreme but it's real. The Ravens are aggressively advertising in DC and NoVA because while the Slurs suck they can no longer count on the fan bases in Dundalk, Hartford and Carrol Counties and the Shore because many of those fans would check the box of one of the above as to a reason(s) why they aren't going to come to the games.

Blog Entries

Season ticket holder so most of them. We've missed 1 game a year, usually due to me or my dad being sick, each of the past few seasons, so I'd expect that again this year. Not sure which that will be though.

Being completely honest, if the team sucks and is not in contention in December, we'll likely skip out on the TNF game against the Jets. TNF + December cold + Jets + our team going nowhere = nah.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

As in every season since 1996: All eight home games (subject to my health, the weather, and the cruise ship schedules from the Port of Baltimore)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    You should be able to get tickets for below face value for almost all the games for a variety of reasons:

-Many don't think the Ravens will be any good
    -Many are still angry and unforgiving about the unity kneeling of 2017
    -No more Suggs, Weddle and CJ i.e. no more excitment
    -Flacco lash
    -Lamar will suck
    -Safety/Crime/Death concerns
    -Expense of the in game experience

All the above is accurate. Add to the list:

- too many no-names (will remind us of the pathetic O's)
    - running based offenses are boring
    - the shrinking of lanes on the BW Parkway reconstruction inside the Beltway will add to the gameday traffic mess.
    - a big screen TV in every pot on Sundays

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    The Ravens are aggressively advertising in DC and NoVA because while the Slurs suck they can no longer count on the fan bases in Dundalk, Hartford and Carrol Counties and the Shore because many of those fans would check the box of one of the above as to a reason(s) why they aren't going to come to the games.
    I have many friends and relatives who are delusional Deadskins fans believing that their team will be a 2019 contender. While that's good for an annual laugh, if that does happen and the Ravens do suck, as many of us are fearful: 10's of thousands of fans in the middle could shift their rooting interest towards Landover.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Someday I hope to make it to a home game and go to eat at Jimmy's.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Going to the Patriots game this year.

On a side note, I’m tempted to go down and see Bears @ Eagles 1pm game with my university friend (based in Philly but both went to St Andrews). Do you think it’s doable to go to this game in the afternoon and make it back to Baltimore in good time for our SNF game?

My options are either an Uber or the Amtrack after the Eagles game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    - too many no-names (will remind us of the pathetic O's)
    lol what. By my count we'll have like 3 starters who are relatively unknown. How is that in any way comparable on any level to the Orioles of this year?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    lol what. By my count we'll have like 3 starters who are relatively unknown. How is that in any way comparable on any level to the Orioles of this year?
    It's hard for me to know which Ravens non fans know. Like we all know and love guys like Mark Andrews and Marlon Humphrey, but has your average fan in Detroit or whatever ever heard of these guys? I just don't know. Plus, we're on a message board, we know this team, not everybody cares about it as much as we do. Does your average Ravens fan who might catch a game a couple times a year even know about those players?
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tomrose9 View Post
    Going to the Patriots game this year.

On a side note, I’m tempted to go down and see Bears @ Eagles 1pm game with my university friend (based in Philly but both went to St Andrews). Do you think it’s doable to go to this game in the afternoon and make it back to Baltimore in good time for our SNF game?

My options are either an Uber or the Amtrack after the Eagles game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Philly is like a 2 hr drive from Baltimore, so assuming the game ended at 4 and you were on the road by 4:30-5, you should be okay. I'd suggest renting a car if you can. An Uber from Philly to Baltimore would be well over $100 IF you can get a driver willing to take you that far. Amtrak would be cheaper but I don't know enough about it to really comment on it.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    It's hard for me to know which Ravens non fans know. Like we all know and love guys like Mark Andrews and Marlon Humphrey, but has your average fan in Detroit or whatever ever heard of these guys? I just don't know. Plus, we're on a message board, we know this team, not everybody cares about it as much as we do. Does your average Ravens fan who might catch a game a couple times a year even know about those players?
    I would say their identifiable players nationally would be Jackson, Ingram, Yanda, Thomas, Jefferson, and probably Humphrey too, given he's gotten a lot of support from media outlets as one of the better CBs in the league. I do think the Ravens fan that cares enough to attend a couple games generally would know at least our starters for the most part. The casual fan might not be able to tell you the difference between Ferguson and Board, but they should know your Williams, your Humphrey, Andrews, Jackson, Edwards, Ingram, etc.

Really just take issue with the ridiculousness of comparing them to the Orioles. There is no comparison.
    back on twitter