Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34353637 LastLast

Re: Ravens Sign Alejandro Villaneuva to a 2-year Deal

I would rather have AV over Leno.

Career long AFCN player who has played in the playoffs a lot, understands the teams in the division, and is used to the level of physicality. Far more comfortable with him having a smooth transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Rod Woodson.
    Good one I knew of the name, didn't know his former teams.

Blog Entries

The Colts gave 9 million to Eric Fisher who is coming off a serious injury and may not be available for a chunk of the season. I'd rather AV at 7 million who never misses time and can fill in for Stanley at a decent level if required.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    EDC got hoodwinked again in FA. I said at the time 2/10 seemed fair. This just confirms it.

He needs to fix his ability to judge these players values because it's costing us big time and it's not just the obvious cases in Thomas.
    I don't agree. Even if EDC paid a little more than he should have, please tell us the alternative (?) Would you rather see Fluker (or a replica thereof) or Phillips again? Note the fact that we did not draft any OTs, just one OG (Cleveland), and we traded O. Brown. AV, while getting older, is hardly over-the-hill and he can also back-up LT where Stanley is returning from a major injury.
    b4p, please tell us what your plan would have been... Bc

Blog Entries

I would have at least looked into Leno but the Ravens clearly wanted AV. They have the cap space to pay more for the player they want. That's a good position to be in. There is nothing worse than having to settle for someone you aren't that happy about because that's all the cap will allow. Having cap space gives you options. DeCosta clearly believes in AV so I'm fine with him paying up to get his guy

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The Colts gave 9 million to Eric Fisher who is coming off a serious injury and may not be available for a chunk of the season. I'd rather AV at 7 million who never misses time and can fill in for Stanley at a decent level if required.
    Eric Fisher is a LT going to the Colts to play LT. If there was a full-time starting LT job available to Villy for roughly the same money he would have taken it.

I doubt he wants to be viewed as a RT going forward and learn an entirely new position. He isn't doing that because he wants to

Eric Fisher is a LT going to the Colts to play LT. If there was a full-time starting LT job available to Villy for roughly the same money he would have taken it.

I doubt he wants to be viewed as a RT going forward and learn an entirely new position. He isn't doing that because he wants to

Its "F...ing" football - not brain surgery. I doubt AV cares about where he plays as long as he's playing and being paid WELL for it.

Blog Entries

You seriously think an ex army ranger cares about that kind of thing? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You seriously think an ex army ranger cares about that kind of thing? Really?
    Exactly the guy was complacent enough to just play one year in the NFL and use the salary to pay for business school. Obviously, he exceeded even his own expectations and is along for the ride. He seems to be a guy who comes to work does his job and comes back tomorrow to do it again.

Im fine with paying AV $1-2 more than he would have got somewhere else due to his consistency and production. He's a stop gap, not an answer.

Leno was not a fit at RT anyway. At 6'4" 304 lbs he would have been the smallest guy on our line. In a position we usually play monsters.
    Last edited by jhoff66; 05-13-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Exactly the guy was complacent enough to just play one year in the NFL and use the salary to pay for business school. Obviously, he exceeded even his own expectations and is along for the ride. He seems to be a guy who comes to work does his job and comes back tomorrow to do it again.

Im fine with paying AV $1-2 more than he would have got somewhere else due to his consistency and production. He's a stop gap, not an answer.

Leno was not a fit at RT anyway. At 6'4" 304 lbs he would have been the smallest guy on our line. In a position we usually play monsters.
    Thats what I've been saying. Leno does not have that ideal size to play on our OL. You could possibly get away with it as a center but not at RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Drain Bamage View Post
    Feels like this is probably a good signing. But I can't think of a former Steeler that ever worked out well here... Do we ever even sign Steelers?
    LJ Fort has worked out pretty well.

Kordell Stewart... not so much.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    LJ Fort has worked out pretty well.

Kordell Stewart... not so much.
    We had a shot at James Harrison but gave him back to the Steelers.