Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

OCMD boardwalk incident

How is it that this can make national news and yet you have a crowd of innocent people running from gun shots in fells point and police running towards the shots and that doesn’t?

Anyone remember when 20 years ago you could walk the boardwalk and go to OC with minimal incidents? The police been the same way down there for years and now the NAACP wants a full in investigation. And the interview with the kid was just comical.

Such a big bad ass but now wants to go on the news and portray himself as a innocent young man and good human being to get a pay day. I hope they keep cracking down on the idiots down there and don’t allow the local vacation spot become a Baltimore city like dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: OCMD boardwalk incident

maybe a link.... or some pointer to the story for those of us who are non-consumers of the propaganda media?

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    maybe a link.... or some pointer to the story for those of us who are non-consumers of the propaganda media?
    I can post in a bit but WBAL has it right now.

4. Re: OCMD boardwalk incident

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I can post in a bit but WBAL has it right now.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/taizi...force/36730972

How is it that this can make national news and yet you have a crowd of innocent people running from gun shots in fells point and police running towards the shots and that doesn’t?

Anyone remember when 20 years ago you could walk the boardwalk and go to OC with minimal incidents? The police been the same way down there for years and now the NAACP wants a full in investigation. And the interview with the kid was just comical.

Such a big bad ass but now wants to go on the news and portray himself as a innocent young man and good human being to get a pay day. I hope they keep cracking down on the idiots down there and don’t allow the local vacation spot become a Baltimore city like dump.

Its reaching the point where court directed legal guidelines will have to be implemented when releasing video. 10 second clips do not do an incident justice. It can be every bit as deceiving as an intentional edit of film to further a point of view.

There is no doubt in my mind that there are officers who exceed rational limits in the course of an arrest. There is no doubt in my mind that poorer or high crime areas have police-public interactions that would be inconceivable in more affluent neighborhoods. That said, outcries of abuse by police cannot be the knee jerk response of certain groups before facts are established. It is a grave disservice to both police and those who have a legitimate grievance.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Its reaching the point where court directed legal guidelines will have to be implemented when releasing video. 10 second clips do not do an incident justice. It can be every bit as deceiving as an intentional edit of film to further a point of view.

There is no doubt in my mind that there are officers who exceed rational limits in the course of an arrest. There is no doubt in my mind that poorer or high crime areas have police-public interactions that would be inconceivable in more affluent neighborhoods. That said, outcries of abuse by police cannot be the knee jerk response of certain groups before facts are established. It is a grave disservice to both police and those who have a legitimate grievance.
    You’re 100% correct. And I’ll even go as far as saying that some cops out there are racist. But guess what?!? There’s also black racist cops as well.
    The moron from the NAACP said this kind of force was only used and pointed at his arm and said he was the this color skin. Not that he told the cops their lives are done or that he wanted to fight them. I agree the knee to the ribs was a bit much but I can’t stand listening to people crying now about the taser. That situation had a chance to turn into a chaotic brawl with law enforcement the moment you put someone down for engagement with the police that makes others back off.

I’ve been going to OC for years I’m talking decades and I’ve seen police (white and black) rough of some white people down there.

The public perception for that culture is to fight back anytime they come in contact with the police and they want to be a big bad ass but once they get tossed around and a few bruises it’s brut force and brutality and the ultimate go to RACISM.
    Them boys got tossed around and tased because they’re punks. It had nothing to do with them being black.

You’re 100% correct. And I’ll even go as far as saying that some cops out there are racist. But guess what?!? There’s also black racist cops as well.
    The moron from the NAACP said this kind of force was only used and pointed at his arm and said he was the this color skin. Not that he told the cops their lives are done or that he wanted to fight them. I agree the knee to the ribs was a bit much but I can’t stand listening to people crying now about the taser. That situation had a chance to turn into a chaotic brawl with law enforcement the moment you put someone down for engagement with the police that makes others back off.

I’ve been going to OC for years I’m talking decades and I’ve seen police (white and black) rough of some white people down there.

The public perception for that culture is to fight back anytime they come in contact with the police and they want to be a big bad ass but once they get tossed around and a few bruises it’s brut force and brutality and the ultimate go to RACISM.
    Them boys got tossed around and tased because they’re punks. It had nothing to do with them being black.

Ocean City cops can be a bit overzealous and power trippy. Many are young and right out of training and this is their first job and they are trying to prove something. That being said, downtown Ocean City has been going to hell for years. Used to be just some drug issues and theft, but now it's violent crime like assault, rape, and occasionally murder. The board walk is a shit show at night and they need to crack skulls to get it under control.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

The piece of shit got exactly what was coming to him. If I was a cop I would’ve done the same thing. To bad he didn’t take a bullet to that stupid head of his.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Ocean City cops can be a bit overzealous and power trippy. Many are young and right out of training and this is their first job and they are trying to prove something. That being said, downtown Ocean City has been going to hell for years. Used to be just some drug issues and theft, but now it's violent crime like assault, rape, and occasionally murder. The board walk is a shit show at night and they need to crack skulls to get it under control.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    It's not allowed because black people now don't think they should ever be treated badly by police even if they totally deserve it. They've been conditioned to believe that by the idiots in our press that have been playing the dangerous lie everything is racist/racism for the last 2 years.

If we want nice things, free from scumbags, assholes, criminals, inconsiderate idiots (white or black) then blacks have to be on board with skull cracking. I'm not a dirt-bag so I'm okay with cops treating assholes roughly/badly.

OC won't get better until you start hearing black guys say, "well that dumbass should have listened to the cops/put away his vape when asked.." etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    It's not allowed because black people now don't think they should ever be treated badly by police even if they totally deserve it. They've been conditioned to believe that by the idiots in our press that have been playing the dangerous lie everything is racist/racism for the last 2 years.

If we want nice things, free from scumbags, assholes, criminals, inconsiderate idiots (white or black) then blacks have to be on board with skull cracking. I'm not a dirt-bag so I'm okay with cops treating assholes roughly/badly.

OC won't get better until you start hearing black guys say, "well that dumbass should have listened to the cops/put away his vape when asked.." etc.
    Same here. If a cop has stopped me I’ve cooperated and never had issues. Never made smart, snarky remarks either. Now when there was a time that I did try and get flip with the cops I wasnt treated so kindly. That was also many years ago and a lesson learned. However these punks don’t learn their out in search of a pay day because they’re brought up that they are something because of skin color.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

1. Obey the law.........ANY law, vaping, jaywalking, etc.
    2. Cooperate with law enforcement.

It's not Rocket Science.

Crime, litter & especially graffiti are rising in OC and mirroring the change in demographics of visitors.

I do agree somewhat about OC cops. I'm in OC a lot and attend the OCPD "Meet & Greet" events at Starbuck's when in town. Great way to get a pulse on their day to day issues. Hope they resume now that Covid restrictions are easing.

Important to remember that any resort town similar to ours, Virginia Beach, Myrtle Beach, etc. is going to have the same problem. You have a small percentage of year-round LEO's and many young seasonal hirings, that need more time in the trenches (see Sean Penn's character in "Colors").

A few years ago, I was walking the boardwalk a week or so after a particular chaotic and lawless senior week. I passed an OCPD officer and thanked him for serving, especially under the recent circumstances. Rather than just say thanks, he just glared at me will a pissy look on his face. Oh well, I tried. I still see him all the time, he's extremely short, probably just clearing the height requirement. Maybe he has some kind of Napoleon complex.

Still gotta Back the Blue.
    Last edited by TheOrioleWay; 06-16-2021 at 07:17 AM.

Blog Entries

On the flip side - is vaping that big of a deal? Is someone vaping outside on the boardwalk so problematic that it warrants escalation like that? Couldn't the police have just told the kid to go out on the beach if he wanted to vape or move off the boardwalk?

I dont know. I agree - the kid should know what the laws are and follow the laws...even something as dumb as don't exhale your flavored steam outside (lol). But the cops should also understand the situation.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.