Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Film Review: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    I think this one's on Boykin. Looks like he misses a rub on the DB covering Snead (watch his third step, he tries to get back in his way). If he gives Snead space, I think Snead scores.
    I agree and that's pretty much typical for boykin. I'm about done with him

Blog Entries

Re: Film Review: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I agree and that's pretty much typical for boykin. I'm about done with him
    Huh?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    RPO-
    Read-option w/ Gus
    Tagged with a bubble screen to Hollywood and an outside fade to Miles

Honey Badger read the bubble screen to Hollywood and would have smashed him-
    Miles doesn’t separate cleanly at the LOS but that close to the RZ every CB is gonna play up

During ride and decide/the run fake, Lamar has to make his mind bubble or the fade-

He probably doesn’t have time after the fake to read the bubble and fade then throw

-he needs to come out ‘fake’ read to throw
    I would have liked to see him throw the fade there
    Agreed. Throw it to the back of the endzone and hope Boykin comes up with it.

Blog Entries

I think this one's on Boykin. Looks like he misses a rub on the DB covering Snead (watch his third step, he tries to get back in his way). If he gives Snead space, I think Snead scores.
    I see what you are saying. But i don't think Boykin is doing his own thing. He may have missed the rub/pick but the route still takes him into endzone in the same path as Hollywood. Its an odd design either way. If you want Boykin to rub/pick his route should be a drag (or a hitch that converts to a drag) going in the opposite direction of Snead.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I don't disagree, though I think the DB may have just played this really well. But if Marquise turns left in a Dig once he reaches the end zone, there's space for a TD. Also Boykin might have found space in the far corner.

Neither of them does anything after the initial set up. Lamar could've used an alternative, after Snead runs his route so short and the DB gets on him so quick.
    I don't get why Greg would want to have 3 WR to the short side of the field then sprint/roll into the half-field read? The area is already compressed because of the endzone....its like cram everything into a tiny box.

Lamar in spread empty seems to be the right way to go IF you're gonna pass there.
    But then why even pass when the KC can't stop the run anyway?
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Because Greg is drunk and/or he hates Gus Edwards??
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Blog Entries

I see what you are saying. But i don't think Boykin is doing his own thing. He may have missed the rub/pick but the route still takes him into endzone in the same path as Hollywood. Its an odd design either way. If you want Boykin to rub/pick his route should be a drag (or a hitch that converts to a drag) going in the opposite direction of Snead.

I don't get why Greg would want to have 3 WR to the short side of the field then sprint/roll into the half-field read? The area is already compressed because of the endzone....its like cram everything into a tiny box.

Lamar in spread empty seems to be the right way to go IF you're gonna pass there.
    I really hate those moving pocket plays. It just telegraphs to the defense where the play is going and cuts off half the field for them. You're not gonna throw across your body to the opposite site of the field especially in the red zone.

7. Re: Film Review: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Agree. Not to mention, Chris Jones wasn't even on the field for the first 2 snaps (pop pass to Duvernay, RPO/bubble screen).

Along these lines, have they run any 4/5 verts? I haven't been specifically looking for them, but I'm not sure I've seen one yet.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Along these lines, have they run any 4/5 verts? I haven't been specifically looking for them, but I'm not sure I've seen one yet.
    I'm sure I've seen them in empty a few times.

9. Re: Film Review: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

For sure. 12 times against CLE, 5 against HOU, 5 against KC (first half only).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

For sure. 12 times against CLE, 5 against HOU, 5 against KC (first half only).
    Ok. So empty usually means 4+ Verts to me. You saying that on the All-22, those times they've been Empty this year, they haven't run 4+ Verts?

That's weird. Lamar's good at it, and they did it a lot last year.

I saw that during the game. Who was running open down the right sideline? Boykin?

RPO-
    Read-option w/ Gus
    Tagged with a bubble screen to Hollywood and an outside fade to Miles

Honey Badger read the bubble screen to Hollywood and would have smashed him-
    Miles doesn’t separate cleanly at the LOS but that close to the RZ every CB is gonna play up

During ride and decide/the run fake, Lamar has to make his mind bubble or the fade-

He probably doesn’t have time after the fake to read the bubble and fade then throw

-he needs to come out ‘fake’ read to throw
    I would have liked to see him throw the fade there
    why the hell would you have a bubble screen with 1-on-1 coverage and no blockers? only way that could possibly work is if Honey Badger blitzes leaving a quick pass to Brown, but even then you've got him backpedalling instead of running forward when it's 2nd and 3.