Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Let's give it up for our boy Justin Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Props to the FO for getting him in here and for having the sack to cut Cundiff after paying him all that moola.
    LOL - Cutting Billy Goat was the easy part.

Blog Entries
    Hope he sticks around for ten years

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I was a big fan of moving on from Cundiff, especially after hearing him whine to the media on numerous occasions. Looks like we got us a good one!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    That is awesome for a rookie kicker. Honestly, I don't even remember the two he missed.
    I think one was the open end of Heinz field. He gets a pass on that one because it's hard as hell to kick in that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I think one was the open end of Heinz field. He gets a pass on that one because it's hard as hell to kick in that spot.
    They put a stat up on Sunday that kickers are 5/21 on 50+ kicks in Heinz field. Marvin must have been high because he put his dude out there for a 56 yard kick that probably didn't have the distance at 46 yards. Then Tomlin came back and put Suisham out there for a 53 yarder that was a little closer but still well short. So now it looks like 5/23.

Blog Entries

Yea, I've been there a couple of times and especially kicking into the open end with the wet cold wind coming in from the cess pool is ferocious for anyone.

It's freezing up there, man.

Blog Entries

another great thing about Tucker is we dont have to really pay him for another 3 years and at that point we will know if he is Stover Supersized or another Cundiff one year wonder

8. Re: Let's give it up for our boy Justin Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    another great thing about Tucker is we dont have to really pay him for another 3 years and at that point we will know if he is Stover Supersized or another Cundiff one year wonder
    Even Cundiff's best year was not as good as Tucker's first year.
    With Cundiff instead of Tucker, we don't make the playoffs yet; Billy would've shanked a few costing us a game or 2.

He basically has Stover's accuracy with Cundiff's power. It's nice to finally have somebody that can nail the long ones, but be reliable on a regular basis too. A kicker like Cundiff may have made more sense if the Kick-off wasn't moved to the 35 yard-line, but now that it is, pretty much anybody is good for a touchback on the majority of their kicks. It's funny to think that Cundiff set the touchback record the year BEFORE the ball was moved up to the 35.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

I come to praise Tucker, not to bury him, BUT (Beau's big butt!)...

Am I seeing things, or have Tucker's kickoffs appeared to have lost a little steam this far into the season? Watching the Gints game, it seemed as if he almost shanked the initial KO, then got back on track, but each successive KO seemed like it had a bit less to it. I wondered at the time if maybe his leg was getting tired, or the wind was affecting things, but it seems as if his KOs are not going "deeper" into or through the end zone as they seemed to do earlier in the season. Is it the weather (colder air dampening the distance)? Just getting a bit of a tired leg this far into the season? Am I way off base here?

Don't forget temperature and air pressure later in the year. I think that factors into kickoffs.
    Facebook -> Craig.Ciurca
    Twitter -> @papa_ciurca
    Instagram -> @papa_ciurca

As long as his field goal kicks stay straight and don't hook like the last kicker. he is doing a great job in his rookie year. St can't have it easy all yhe time, Gotta give Hamilton some tackles to help him make the defensive team. Hope he gets some action soon on defense. Tucker is a unsong heroe this year, his field goal give the team an edge for winning. Scoring 3 instead of 7 dissapoints some, but in a defensive battle, 3's add up.