Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Flacco World Order

The pats were a pretty dysfunctional team when he was drafted and obviously he was not good when he was drafted but he developed into a good player. There are stories that when he was drafted he would not get alot of practice time an instead of him just sucking out he would stay out on the field with a couple of players and he would rerun the entire practice over so he could get his reps. that is why he is great, he put in the work.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    They're now rotating in guards, like this is the NBA, because they're not sure who should play and it's week 4.
    They haven't had a RB since Ray Rice got fat then banned (except for the Kubiak year with Forsett)
    They can't keep the same WR for more than 3 years under Harbs (the exception: Torrey who they kept for 4)
    Which is compounded because they can't draft or develop WRs to compensate for the constant turnover.
    They've had 5 different OC's since 2012. Which means all the players, not just Joe, have had to learn at least 5 different playbooks.
    They keep switching the blocking scheme from man to zone to stretch to trap to...
    They keep losing their best offensive players to injury, FA, suspension, retirement...
    They keep overdrafting defense, blowing most of those picks, then expecting to get by with whatever table scraps they can scrounge for the offense.
    There's a clear disconnect between the scouts/FO & the coaches.
    The coaches are frustratingly, stubbornly slow to adjust.
    They preach continuity, but do they practice it?

And you think this is normal in the NFL?
    You think QBs can succeed with this much dysfunction?
    OK, so name which ones you think can handle all this and not suck or get hurt too.
    Why do you think there has been all of these changes on offense. because what they had has not been working. and let me ask you what has been constant through all of these changes.... There are 2 and Marshall Yanda is considered the best olineman in the NFL.....

3. Re: Flacco World Order

Quote Originally Posted by RavensBoy52 View Post
    The pats were a pretty dysfunctional team when he was drafted and obviously he was not good when he was drafted but he developed into a good player. There are stories that when he was drafted he would not get alot of practice time an instead of him just sucking out he would stay out on the field with a couple of players and he would rerun the entire practice over so he could get his reps. that is why he is great, he put in the work.
    I could be wrong, but I don't think they're allowed to do that anymore under the current CBA.

4. Re: Flacco World Order

Why do you think there has been all of these changes on offense. because what they had has not been working. and let me ask you what has been constant through all of these changes.... There are 2 and Marshall Yanda is considered the best olineman in the NFL.....
    You think Joe's to blame for all this dysfunction?
    Because that seems to be what you're implying here.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they're allowed to do that anymore under the current CBA.
    thats irrelevant. the argument was he would have sucked if he came here.

You think Joe's to blame for all this dysfunction?
    Because that seems to be what you're implying here.
    Obviously not everything but he is a big reason.

7. Re: Flacco World Order

thats irrelevant. the argument was he would have sucked if he came here.
    He would've. They'd have DCS'd him too.
    Remember, Joe's first 3 seasons were on pace with Brady's first 3 seasons. Then they get rid of Zorn and except for the Caldwell playoff run and Kubiak 2014, Joe hasn't been the same since.
    If you don't understand that Brady's success is as much of a product of Belichick's evil genius as it is his own drive to succeed, then there's nothing more I can say to you.

And Brady didn't start putting up real fantasy numbers until they got him Moss (all-time great wideout), Welker (all-time great slot WR) and Gronk (all-time great TE) along with Aaron HangsHimselfez to compliment them as a matchup nightmare in his own right.

8. Re: Flacco World Order

Obviously not everything but he is a big reason.
    I think it's clear that it's the dysfunction that is to blame for Joe's decline.

He would've. They'd have DCS'd him too.
    Remember, Joe's first 3 seasons were on pace with Brady's first 3 seasons. Then they get rid of Zorn and except for the Caldwell playoff run and Kubiak 2014, Joe hasn't been the same since.
    If you don't understand that Brady's success is as much of a product of Belichick's evil genius as it is his own drive to succeed, then there's nothing more I can say to you.

And Brady didn't start putting up real fantasy numbers until they got him Moss (all-time great wideout), Welker (all-time great slot WR) and Gronk (all-time great TE) along with Aaron HangsHimselfez to compliment them as a matchup nightmare in his own right.
    Coaches don’t make players great don’t kid yourself. They can put you in the right play/position to make a play but the player has to execute. Don’t forget about all the times where the coach can call the right play but it is defended perfectly and the player has to adjust on the fly and make something out of nothing. Or the times the players have to adjust the coaches call at the line of scrimmage based on what they are seeing on the field (Brady is one of the best ever at doing this. Ray used to call facing Brady a chess match). This is no shot to coaches as they are extremely important but players success has a lot less to do with coaching than you think. I think team success is more in line with good coaching rather than individual player success as they have to make sure everyone is on the same page and doing their job. Even some of the greatest coaches ever realize that sometimes you have to let greatness of the players take over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's clear that it's the dysfunction that is to blame for Joe's decline.
    Decline from what? He was still developing when he won the Super Bowl, inconsistent but showed promise. He never truly reached that greatness point in his entire career( except 3 or 4 games). It looked like after that Super Bowl run he was going to get there but it turned out to be just a run. I don’t think you can really call something a decline if you haven’t really inclined at all.

does anyone else remember that end of game play in pitt where everyone was expecting joe to throw a hail mary into the end zone from the 50 yard line but he ended up throwing a 10 yard dump off to wallace???

yeah we all remember...

Blog Entries

They're now rotating in guards, like this is the NBA, because they're not sure who should play and it's week 4.
    They haven't had a RB since Ray Rice got fat then banned (except for the Kubiak year with Forsett)
    They can't keep the same WR for more than 3 years under Harbs (the exception: Torrey who they kept for 4)
    Which is compounded because they can't draft or develop WRs to compensate for the constant turnover.
    They've had 5 different OC's since 2012. Which means all the players, not just Joe, have had to learn at least 5 different playbooks.
    They keep switching the blocking scheme from man to zone to stretch to trap to...
    They keep losing their best offensive players to injury, FA, suspension, retirement...
    They keep overdrafting defense, blowing most of those picks, then expecting to get by with whatever table scraps they can scrounge for the offense.
    There's a clear disconnect between the scouts/FO & the coaches.
    The coaches are frustratingly, stubbornly slow to adjust.
    They preach continuity, but do they practice it?

And you think this is normal in the NFL?
    You think QBs can succeed with this much dysfunction?
    OK, so name which ones you think can handle all this and not suck or get hurt too.
    Preach!!!