Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: John Harbaugh

Re: John Harbaugh

I like Harbs, but I wonder if he has hit his ceiling. Not sure if he is that guy who can take us to the promised land anymore.

iggyman555 Guest

lol the dude is a special teams coach trying to coach one of the most talented teams in the NFL (last few years - minus injuries)
    imagine how good we would of been if we had a better coach who knew what he was doing

Blog Entries

harbaugh needs to get his ass reamed for the perfomance of this team and his coordinators this year, also this dog house bullshit needs to stop, it was cute for a couple years but now its not putting the best talent on the field to make us succeed consistently.

So the successes are all a function of player talent but the failures are all on the coaches?

Pass to the left please and please wipe off the drool ....

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    also this dog house bullshit needs to stop, it was cute for a couple years but now its not putting the best talent on the field to make us succeed consistently.
    And which players are these?

Blog Entries

isn't it the coaches job to put his players in situation to succeed? Pleas explain with thhe talent or lack there of we have right now are the caoches maximizing it to the best of its ability?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Probably not. But then again, if the Ravens defense was better, I doubt that Batch/Tomlin win, either. Tomlin and Harbaugh are in completely different scenarios with where there teams are at in terms of injuries and strengths/weaknesses.

Put another way, when both teams were at full strength, Harbaugh has won his fair share of games with Tomlin.
    Again, I posed that scenario to illustrate what I believe to be the difference between the two coaches. Tomlin, when his team was backed into a corner, down to the third string quarterback, on the road against a bitter division rival and having just lost to said team two weeks prior, found a way to win. I don't think Harbaugh would have been able to do the same thing.

Blog Entries

And which players are these?
    Mckinney needs to start at LT its a better option that Oher, which would free KO to LG and Oher back at RT the strength of KO would help Birk tremendously along with yanda.

Blog Entries

Too bad his record doesn't reflect it...
    You mean record, as in two Super Bowl appearances? THAT record?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    You mean record, as in two Super Bowl appearances? THAT record?
    I wasn't aware that Tomlin won 2 Super Bowls with third string players.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So the successes are all a function of player talent but the failures are all on the coaches?

Pass to the left please and please wipe off the drool ....
    I am not sure who you were referring this to; nonetheless, I believed that I acknowledged some of the coaches?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Again, I posed that scenario to illustrate what I believe to be the difference between the two coaches. Tomlin, when his team was backed into a corner, down to the third string quarterback, on the road against a bitter division rival and having just lost to said team two weeks prior, found a way to win. I don't think Harbaugh would have been able to do the same thing.
    Harbaugh, with a team with a rookie QB and the most players on IR in the league, led his team to the AFC Championship game. On the whole thats a lot more impressive than one 3-point victory.

Tomlin clearly has the hardware to back up his skills but damn sometimes Ravens fans have short memories.
    Last edited by s.r.genovese; 12-04-2012 at 03:46 PM.