Page 119 of 178 FirstFirst ... 117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,417 to 1,428 of 2128

Re: A Closer Look: 2019 WR draft class

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    yo BPR - was percy a gadget player or damn good WR when healthy?
    How about instead of that you ask him if he thinks Parris Campbell is worth a first round pick?

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Just because someone put up 8 catches doesn’t mean those targets weren’t schemed.

Look, I’m not saying Harvin was a bad player. He was tremendously useful for what he was and he could absolutely alter entire games.

I just don’t want Paris Campbell at 22. That’s all. He could be a solid player, but I think there are a lot of more complete WRs in this class, who will help Lamar more. I’d take Campbell late 2nd early 3rd.
    That first statement is utterly meaningless. WRs are schemed open, that’s the point of the offensive scheme. That isn’t the WRs fault. Percy got wide open in zones and Percy absolutely torched people one on one.

This has nothing to do with what you think about Parris Campbell. You specifically said Percy Harvin was a gadget player who couldn’t earn his touches. That’s some serious and underserved shade for a player who, WHEN HEALTHY, could dominate games AS A WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    That first statement is utterly meaningless. WRs are schemed open, that’s the point of the offensive scheme. That isn’t the WRs fault. Percy got wide open in zones and Percy absolutely torched people one on one.

This has nothing to do with what you think about Parris Campbell. You specifically said Percy Harvin was a gadget player who couldn’t earn his touches. That’s some serious and underserved shade for a player who, WHEN HEALTHY, could dominate games AS A WR.

Ok I don’t care enough about Percy Harvin to go back and research if my snap memory from when I was a teenager of how he got his back when he was good was wrong or not. I’ll concede that point. He still never had a 1000 yard season but whatever. I take back my Harvin slander.

It absolutely does have to do with Parris Campbell though, that is literally the only reason Harvin came up. I just don’t see a first round guy in Campbell, whether some scout comped him to Harvin or not.
    Last edited by NjRavensFan; 03-31-2019 at 02:01 PM.

How about instead of that you ask him if he thinks Parris Campbell is worth a first round pick?
    Lol...too funny.

Harvin was coming into his own as a WR when the injuries set in. Not sure how I'd label him to be honest. He's probably the best athlete to ever come out of VA, which is saying alot.

Like Campbell more than most b/c of his traits, but not grabbing him at 22.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Basically I see all three of those guys going between like ~17 and 36. They could definitely all be gone before the end of the first. If we want one of that top tier I think we need to just pull the trigger at 22. If we try to focus too hard on value we could get burned.
    With no one in the 1st or 2nd tiers, Butler and AJ are fighting it out on my Board for that last tier in the first round.

I can't pass over the need for iOL at 22 to take a WR. I cant blame those that disagree, but this team has no shot at success unless it can paved and protect the middle of the trenches.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Ok I don’t care enough about Percy Harvin to go back and research if my snap memory from when I was a teenager of how he got his back when he was good was wrong or not. I’ll concede that point. He still never had a 1000 yard season but whatever. I take back my Harvin slander.

It absolutely does have to do with Parris Campbell though, that is literally the only reason Harvin came up. I just don’t see a first round guy in Campbell, whether some scout comped him you Harvin or not.
    Harvin was ascending. Every year more receptions and yards until he was on the cusp of 1000 yards receiving (if you add return and rushing he was already over 1000). Then injuries.

I’m fine with your rationale for not wanting Campbell. I can’t fault you on that because draft projections are notoriously unreliable. I just don’t like it when Percy Harvin is slandered. Me and Percy go way back.

Harvin was ascending. Every year more receptions and yards until he was on the cusp of 1000 yards receiving (if you add return and rushing he was already over 1000). Then injuries.

I’m fine with your rationale for not wanting Campbell. I can’t fault you on that because draft projections are notoriously unreliable. I just don’t like it when Percy Harvin is slandered. Me and Percy go way back.

Fair enough. I’m probably wrong. I was not half as informed a fan back when he was good as I try to be now, and I shouldn’t have stated an old, snap memory as fact like that. Certainly didn’t need to double down either. My bad.

percy my boy blue

Fair enough. I’m probably wrong. I was not half as informed a fan back when he was good as I try to be now, and I shouldn’t have stated an old, snap memory as fact like that. Certainly didn’t need to double down either. My bad.
    Now I feel like an ass. I was kidding about going way back with Harvin, I meant Madden. You’re a good guy. And the truth is our offense probably doesn’t need a Harvin as much as it does a Moss. Peace my brother.

I shall retire into the shadows to slumber until once again, some day, many moons from now, the name of Percy Harvin doth echo in the stillness once more...

I shall retire into the shadows to slumber until once again, some day, many moons from now, the name of Percy Harvin doth echo in the stillness once more...
    I come out guns blazing when someone badmouths Marcus Smith. Who never really got a shot with us.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I come out guns blazing when someone badmouths Marcus Smith. Who never really got a shot with us.
    Dude no joke, I have this play etched into memory where Marcus Smith is falling over backwards and uses one hand to tip the ball to himself and catch it... I don’t remember against who or the circumstances, but I remember thinking crystal clear “holy crap, that was a #1 WR type play.” Aaaaand theeeennnn....

Now I feel like an ass. I was kidding about going way back with Harvin, I meant Madden. You’re a good guy. And the truth is our offense probably doesn’t need a Harvin as much as it does a Moss. Peace my brother.

Hahahaha fair.

Honestly what I said was true tho even if it was a bit more conciliatory in tone than it would have been if I knew you were fuckin around 😂