Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Is Yanda just too much to over come?

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Losing Yanda directly impacted the effectiveness of Jensen and Howard. Having Yanda next to them allowed them to play better. So losing Yanda basically weakened the entire right side of the line.
    And this.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    1st udfa 6th udfa udfa

And people wonder why the offense is trash. That's what's on the field last Sunday and this Sunday let that just sink in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And finally - this.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by RavensBoy52
    I think it is a combination of losing Yanda, his three backups, our starting rb, three of our TE and the other thing that I have discussed in depth. It all adds up.
    I think you over emphasize the losses. Yes, losing Yanda was a big blow, but the Oline back-ups??? They were under-performers anyway. By starting RB I guess you mean Dixon. I liked him, but let's not make him out to be some star RB that opposing teams had to prep for. His story is yet to be told. Our TEs never have shown what we thought they'd be when drafted. Let's just not make it as though we lost multiple high-performing players... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Well lets be honest, there is a ginormous drop off after 1.
    FTFY.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

1st udfa 6th udfa udfa

And people wonder why the offense is trash. That's what's on the field last Sunday and this Sunday let that just sink in

when its put out there so simply, its pretty obvious.

I like the idea of trading. what team already thinking about the draft has a G worth trading for?

honestly I think most of the 0-4 teams have issues with their OLs as well.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    On the OLine, I completely disagree.

For starters, we literally never had depth at Tackle. We spent most of the offseason expecting our tackles to be Stanley (certainly fine) and Hurst (ouch). Like I won't knock the FO for having Hurst as your swing tackle... if that's your actual plan. Practically no team has a quality backup LT, and you just hope you get a decent swing Tackle and can move things around. This "worked out" because Howard became available in late July. If that didn't happen, or if he signs elsewhere, any Stanley injury cripples this team, even with Yanda and Lewis and anybody else healthy.

We also basically went all in on Jensen. I liked him as a player, and I don't think its a bad move, but if he struggled, there's literally nothing. We don't even really have a backup Center right now. So we spent most of the offseason with literally nobody who can play reserve Center, and basically no 3rd Tackle.

That, to me, is an utter failure in roster construction. Basically, we were built to absorb losing Lewis and we were built to absorb losing Yanda (as long as we don't lose both). We had literally no replacement for Stanley or Jensen.

Sure, losing your interior depth is unexpected and tough to deal with, just like losing your two starting Guards is. I won't knock them for failing to try to hedge against Yanda or Lewis. I knock them for not hedging Stanley or Jensen, and for still thinking that Hurst is a starting caliber player in this league.

And the sad thing is... we could be just fine with Hurst as a starter at LG. If the rest of the line is Stanley, Jensen, Yanda and Howard, and Hurst simply is the backup for Lewis, I think I'd be OK with that. It's not Dallas or Tennessee or Oakland, but I wouldn't be complaining about our QB getting killed with that line.
    You're forgetting Urschel. He was in the running for starting c until the second day of tc when he retired. At that point who is healthy that's better than who we have now?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1st udfa 6th udfa udfa

The 6th is performing in the top 10 for centers this year so far (7th this week according to PFF) Some hope there......
    Got to keep the loonies on the path

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    The difference is that the Ravens have lost:
    Yanda, Lewis, Nico, Urschel, Dixon, Pitta, Gilmore, Urban, Young, Hill, Canady, Woodhead, McClellan, Williams
    Yeah that's what I said in my post. The Ravens lead the league in IR cases again, third year running I think. I am more concerned about the sheer number of players we're losing - especially before the season starts! And many of those guys were to be counted upon this season, not just Yanda.

The constant scrambling to provide replacements affects (#)continuity, practice time as well as the cap situation.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    yanda 1
    lewis 2
    urschel 3
    siragusa 4
    hurst 5
    bergstrom 6
    eluemunor 7
    skura 8

AND WE'VE ONLY GOTTEN TO WEEK 4.
    No silver lining in that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cawtious View Post
    The 6th is performing in the top 10 for centers this year so far (7th this week according to PFF) Some hope there......
    No doubt about it he has been a suprise. And I wish he would have been inserted last season

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    You're forgetting Urschel. He was in the running for starting c until the second day of tc when he retired. At that point who is healthy that's better than who we have now?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Possibly, but whoever lost that battle is still going to be the top reserve interior lineman, not just Center. And I think Jensen was always most likely to win that job, given that we got a good view of Urschel at Center already and it wasn't pretty.

Still doesn't change anything regarding the Tackle positions. In terms of who was better? Well, when Urschel retired, Lewis wasn't hurt yet, and Yanda was coming back.

1st udfa 6th udfa udfa

Kansas City's line

1st - waiver claim - 2nd - 6th - UDFA (from Cleveland)

Draft position doesn't matter so much unless it's a LT. I mean it matters to an extent, but it's more important whether the guy is a hit or miss.