Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Calvin Ridley

Calvin Ridley

Lmao guys if the bar is calvin then yeah he's not that. But if you actually watch Alabama you can see he's a beast stuck on a team who runs every play because their QB can't throw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Calvin Ridley

Ridley is good but I've been having wet dreams of Saquan Barkley in black-n-purple. But to be fair, I also dream about half naked women swimming in a pond full of beer while I sit back on my floaty in a purple unicorn fur jacket and smile from the satisfaction of having stopped Andy Dalton on 4th and 12...

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Travis Benjamin is a good comparison. Could be Benjamin, could be Sanders.

IMO he's volatile and that makes me want to stya away form him. I want a high floor WR.
    He's more sanders. I really think his stats would have been better with Tua. He was wide open so many times and hurts would miss him.

No to Ridley anywhere in Round 1

Blog Entries

I 100% disagree with the OP

Smaller,quicker,route runners are thriving in todays NFL

Its the big slow guys that can’t get open who are struggling

In todays NFL I wouldn’t draft a big WR unless hes a freakish athlete and Sutton is definitely not that

When I look at Sutton i see another Laquoan Treadwell and Treadwell was better

Not sold on Washington either.To me he looks like a 3rd round pick and he needs to be developed

Ridley is the safest WR pick.Hes not gonna struggle because his route running is good enough to consistently get open and he has the quickness to separate.His NFL comp for me is Derrick Mason.Not the Ravens version of Mason,the Titans version when he was in his prime

Honestly i dont even think Ridley will be there when we pick but hes the type of WR we should be looking at not big WR

Ridley,Kirk,Anthony Miller,DJ Moore are the type of WRs we should be looking at

Only big WR I like is St Brown and that’s because of his agility and hips.Hes not slow and stiff like the typical big WR

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Lmao guys if the bar is calvin then yeah he's not that. But if you actually watch Alabama you can see he's a beast stuck on a team who runs every play because their QB can't throw.

A beast is a physical player. Mike Williams last year was a beast. Ridley is a finesse guy who has great speed and dance around to get open. That's not a beast at all.

The nice thing about Ridley to the Ravens is that he has a good catch radius from playing with a QB who isn't accurate with his throws. He'll fit right in.

There bad thing with Ridley is that he'll probably get picked before the Ravens have a chance to pick him. Unlike what the thread starter here says, most mocks have him off the board before 16.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    A beast is a physical player. Mike Williams last year was a beast. Ridley is a finesse guy who has great speed and dance around to get open. That's not a beast at all.
    That's your opinion. I consider a beast a game changing player regardless of size. I feel that Antonio brown is way more of a beast then mike williams. Is mike williams even a beast? Odell Beckham is a beast. Shady is a beast. They're all finesse.

I'm not a fan of his in the first, I think he has a pretty low ceiling. I think he actually reminds me a lot of a poor mans Jeremy Maclin. Don't get me wrong, I think he will be a solid NFL starter and have a year or 2 where he puts up good/solid numbers, but he'll never be a true #1 that opposing teams really get overly concerned with.

Not a fan at all of Sutton or especially Washington (he's not big nor a possession guy) in the first either.

I don't think there's a WR I'd feel really comfortable with until late in the first round. None move the needle at 16 to me. No TE that early either.

Which is why I'm kind of come to expect/accept that we may be taking another defensive player in the first round. Hopefully there is an offensive lineman that grows on me in the middle of the first...maybe McGlinchey.

Assuming teams don't stupidly reach for WR's out of fear that none will be there later like they did with the 3 guys who were all big disappointments last draft, I'd much rather look at guys like Kirk/DJ Moore, Miller in the second. Maybe a guy like Arden Tate/Simmie Cobbs in the 3rd.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by redbarron View Post
    The thing that bugs me is that if he's such a lock as a prospect why isn't he feasting on those no name schools listed above in his stats as well as showing up for big time games. Against Auburn he was 3-38 with his longest being a 26 yard catch. In the Championship game even he was 4-32 with only a TD. Against SEC teams he's averaging 67 yards a game. If he's a badass prospect wouldn't he be feasting over everyone?
    Beacause Jalen Hurts is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Exactly what I was trying to explain. His QB just got pulled in the national championship because he can't throw. If people actually watched the games instead of just YouTube you can see the talent he has.