Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens want Rice, Flacco might have to wait

I would really like to see him show up strong in NE and not just hand off to Rice like last time. I doubt if it affects his contract negatively if he doesn't... but it could sure give him a shot in the arm if he does.

Rice should get paid first though, no doubt.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Not sure if he was the best against Tex, top3 together with Boldin and Grubbs.

Flacco will get his money, better now than next year when he most likely will improve his stats.

If he could have a deal like Eli I would be happy.. But Joe has been so much better and more important than Eli after 4 seasons, that it is probably wishful thinking.

Flacco over Grubbs and Rice.. and even though Grubbs and Rice is great.. QB is just an unique position.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...75988/34404412

The good Joe Flacco better show up on Sunday if he wants a new contract, he's on
    shaky ground right now.
    You wish but you know that isn't true. Better get used to Flacco being the Ravens QB.

4. Re: Ravens want Rice, Flacco might have to wait

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Sunday against the Texans? 2 TD's, 0 INT's, a slew of dropped passes, running for his life every other snap...getting sacked something like 6 times...no push from the OL to get Rice going...

Flacco was the best offensive player on Sunday. Without him making those throws the Ravens don't win that game.
    I can definitely pinpoint a few plays that Flacco made. I didn't say he didn't do anything, I'm saying he doesn't do enough, and I'm definitely not giving him a ton of credit for the Texans win. The Ravens scored all of their points of Texans mistakes. I noticed three balls that receivers had a good chance to make, and they dropped them. To me that isn't a slew. Maybe there were more. The thing that drives me crazy is how unsure he seems so much. By the end of year four a good QB should know what he's looking at. If you add up all of Flacco's playoff games he's played close to five full seasons of NFL football. Flacco gets into one of his funks and it's so hard for them to snap out of it. Flacco isn't leading the charge. He's moping.

To me he doesn't look like a Super Bowl QB, but that is just my opinion. He's so unpredictable though that he very well might show up out of nowhere and have a great game. He really needs to. Yes the receivers need to start coming up with these catches. Not to pad Flacco's stats, but because they are pivotal chain mover plays.

I'm not going to get into Cam because with two games left to win what is the point. They've gotten this far, and making all kinds of changes is pointless. Flacco is going to have to find a way to make it work. Players that make what he wants to make, and get the respect that he wants can usually back it up with their play.

Cerrato called this months ago. Makes no sense to franchise Rice and then pay him a year from now considering the short life span of running backs. Pay him now, he's 24 you give him a 5 year deal and hope he gives u 3 great years before u cut him.

6. Re: Ravens want Rice, Flacco might have to wait

Quote Originally Posted by AntiMoon View Post
    Cerrato called this months ago. Makes no sense to franchise Rice and then pay him a year from now considering the short life span of running backs. Pay him now, he's 24 you give him a 5 year deal and hope he gives u 3 great years before u cut him.
    Precisely. Franchise Grubbs instead.

A lot of Flacco pundits fail to grasp that the offense that is run in Bmore is completely different as the Pats/Saints/Packers.. even Steelers. It is a WINNING offense... It aint pretty, and probably not what most fans want. Now its very debatable whether it can win a SB (the #1 seed Chargers in 2006/7 lost a tough one with a conservative Cam gameplan), but no one can argue that it doesnt win games. Not even an elite QB in this system will put up numbers. Joe is very good at what the Ravens want their QB to do in their system, so you cannot simply compare QB stats to determine what Joe is worth. Considering that... its an absolute no-brainer to the organization.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    Precisely. Franchise Grubbs instead.
    I think that's the plan.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They could always get Flacco done during the season. Other teams do that, sometimes even with big contracts. That's what the Bills did with Fitzpatrick.
    I hope it doesn't come to that. Both sides have equal leverage over the summer. Once the season starts - and Joe has to be subjected to the possibility of injury before his big payday - then a lot of players (and AGENTS!) figure why not roll the dice and hit free agency?

The franchise number is just too big to mess around with like that, IMO.

Plus, with Fitzpatrick - whose contract looks like a pretty big mistake right now - there was an unknown quantity to him, where he sort of came out of nowhere to play so well (and the Bills may have been foolish to buy). With Flacco, this moment has been coming for 3 years now. It's time.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think that's the plan.
    It certainly should be (not that we needed Vinny to tell us that! ;) ).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

11. Re: Ravens want Rice, Flacco might have to wait

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    I hope it doesn't come to that. Both sides have equal leverage over the summer. Once the season starts - and Joe has to be subjected to the possibility of injury before his big payday - then a lot of players (and AGENTS!) figure why not roll the dice and hit free agency?

The franchise number is just too big to mess around with like that, IMO.

Plus, with Fitzpatrick - whose contract looks like a pretty big mistake right now - there was an unknown quantity to him, where he sort of came out of nowhere to play so well (and the Bills may have been foolish to buy). With Flacco, this moment has been coming for 3 years now. It's time.
    Let me ask you a question. First of all this is all based on if Flacco has another ho-hum Flacco outing in the AFC Championship. It's very likely. If he rolls up a ton of offense on the Patriots it could all change. I think this game is that important for Flacco.

Suppose the Ravens going into 2012 have Ray Rice locked up for what should be at least three years at the level he's at now. Basically one of the best.

The question I think that people honestly need to ask themselves is how many more games do you think they could win with one or the other. Rice is an NFL superstar. Flacco is not. A decent veteran free agent QB could play at Flacco's current level if he doesn't like playing out his rookie deal deciding he'll become a FA. The Ravens could survive. There aren't a lot players like Ray Rice. There are a lot of quarterbacks like Flacco.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Greg, by 2013 both Ray and Reed may retire, and that would free up a lot of cap room... Bc
    Doesn't matter, the first year or two of Flacco's deal with be the lower cap hits.