Page 1 of 16 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

OT: For all you wrestling fans.

A walk down memory lane.

Was this not one of the greatest ideas in wrestling history?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7n...aw-debut_sport

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: OT: For all you wrestling fans.

I will never forget this. WWF should have ran with him longer.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

If you want to see great wrestling check out Lucha Underground on El Rey network. That Mexican style of wrestling is a lot of fun.

Blog Entries

How bout this fight. I wonder if Cena can play linebacker?

How does he ever lift that lard of shit up in the air like that.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2b...-john-ce_sport

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    How bout this fight. I wonder if Cena can play linebacker?

How does he ever lift that lard of shit up in the air like that.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2b...-john-ce_sport
    Ahh Cena's first WM... and the end of wrestling as we know it....from 07- 2015.... LOLCENA wins...every match with the same 5 moves...

Blog Entries

Gillberg was pure genius. Duane Gill talked about how this was supposed to be a one night thing, but the response he got from the fans and the executives backstage was so great that they kept it going for a while.

In real life, Goldberg could not stand Duane Gill and wanted to beat him up for real.

Ain't our fault you couldn't wrestle for shit Goldberg.

This is what happens when people believe their own hype too much.

Blog Entries

I never really got Gillberg, even as a teenager back then. They were making fun of what was probably the second biggest draw in wrestling at the time. It never made me want to watch WWF while he was on, it made me want to change the channel to see the real Goldberg. Kind of fell flat for me. The fact that I'm an enormous Goldberg mark even given his inability to wrestle probably plays a role in that.

Interesting that you (seem to) not like Golberg even though in the post-WM thread you seemed to be heavy WCW supporter. Goldberg probably singlehandedly saved WCW from going out of business a year or two sooner than it did. They were starting to lose that ratings battle until Goldberg blew up and they retook the lead. Of course, they put a nail in their own coffin when they let Nash book himself to go over him via taser at Starrcade '98 and then followed up with more tired Hogan/Nash/NWO stuff, but that's WCW for you.

My cousin and his wife went to the Payback event last night and he was talking about Macho Mandow and Axelmania which
    is a weak sad remake of the Mega Powers. Is that what the WWE has come too?

Blog Entries

That's a sad thing to come away from the event talking about. Payback was probably the best PPV they've put on in months. I didn't go because I figured it just be a filler PPV as most are between the big ones, but it was actually very good. That Machow Mandow/Axelmania thing was on the pre-show, not even on the actual main show.

Blog Entries

sort of related:

The Kansas City Chiefs are giving the son of a WWE legend a chance in camp. READ: http://cbsprt.co/1B7M3jQ

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I never really got Gillberg, even as a teenager back then. They were making fun of what was probably the second biggest draw in wrestling at the time. It never made me want to watch WWF while he was on, it made me want to change the channel to see the real Goldberg. Kind of fell flat for me. The fact that I'm an enormous Goldberg mark even given his inability to wrestle probably plays a role in that.

Interesting that you (seem to) not like Golberg even though in the post-WM thread you seemed to be heavy WCW supporter. Goldberg probably singlehandedly saved WCW from going out of business a year or two sooner than it did. They were starting to lose that ratings battle until Goldberg blew up and they retook the lead. Of course, they put a nail in their own coffin when they let Nash book himself to go over him via taser at Starrcade '98 and then followed up with more tired Hogan/Nash/NWO stuff, but that's WCW for you.
    What's hidden in all of what happened back then was actually how fast Goldberg went stale with the fans. When Goldberg first became hot, the fans would chant his name, they didn't have to pipe in the chant. However, his act got stale with fans because he couldn't wrestle a lick was too easily beating established talent. After a while, fans starting chanting 'Goldberg Sucks' in Arenas. To cover it up, WCW started pumping in the Goldberg chant. When Goldberg lost to Nash, Nash was over and most of the crowd was on his side. People were getting tired of Goldberg long before WCW wanted it to be known.

Hence how the WWF commentators always remarked how they could hear the Gillberg chant, but could look in the crowd and see that nobody was standing or moving their lips. It was a direct shot at what WCW was doing with Goldberg and Nash later shoots on this very issue.

The only person who didn't see the writing on the wall was Goldberg himself, who became just as difficult to work with backstage as all the other hot shots.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 05-19-2015 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    My cousin and his wife went to the Payback event last night and he was talking about Macho Mandow and Axelmania which
    is a weak sad remake of the Mega Powers. Is that what the WWE has come too?
    They do this like every 5 years or so it seems...

Big show had a stint where he came out as a bunch of other former stars including hogan

Charlie Haas or whatever its spelled did it for a while

now these two ppl are doing it. I think the Axel guy is somehow related to Mr. Perfect, who was a great wrestler in the day, thats the saddest part.