Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Are Roman and Wink carrying Harbs?

Good point

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Horrible. Last year but worse. Harbs did two things right. Get outa the way and let Wink run his defense. And encouraged GRo to tear apart the offense and build around Lamar. That’s it. End of credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you ever have anything positive to say?

Well. I’d start with having a plan , system on one side of the ball. Have the ability to call plays on said side of the ball if need be. Game plan. Choose “good “ personnel to support you. Be able to evaluate talent. Make in game decisions. Adjustments.

Nick Saban is a GReat coach. He gets the best recruits because he wins. But here’s a guy whose lost his staff almost every year ...and yet he still wins.

Hoodie is a tired example. Everyone knows he’s great.

Reid is a good example. Has his system , tries to get players that fit said system. Let’s his D co do his thing.

It sounds like you're confusing a head coach with a glorified coordinator.

Roman is the most important coach that the Ravens have had since Kubiak. If he wants to be a head coach next year the Ravens should start shopping Harbaugh - maybe Jerry Jones and the Cowboys want to move on from Jason Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Roman is the most important coach that the Ravens have had since Kubiak. If he wants to be a head coach next year the Ravens should start shopping Harbaugh - maybe Jerry Jones and the Cowboys want to move on from Jason Garrett
    Uh no.

6. Re: Are Roman and Wink carrying Harbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Something interesting to think/debate about. How much credit should Harbs get for hiring them? How would this team look without them?
    The Ravens have Greg Roman and Lamar Jackson. Did Harbaugh have significant or substantial input into making that happen? Greg Roman's job is to make an awesome offense and Lamar Jackson's job is to be awesome in that awesome offense, they're both doing that. Choosing to go in the run first offense with running QBs direction is an unorthodox one, it's not the conventional wisdom, but someone, Harbaugh, Eric, Ozzie, whoever, made the unorthodox decision to go in that direction and they're 13-3. Having this awesome offense with this awesome QB is what is pushing the Ravens to the top. It's not a flaw of Harbaugh that it is so easy to identify parts of the Ravens that are not exactly Harbaugh that are great and deserve credit. Harbaugh wouldn't be a better coach if he got fewer wins with less talent at OC and QB. He's at least part of the command structure that is bringing in this top talent at OC/QB.

Seeing what is happening to the Browns, I am gaining a newfound respect for coach Harbs.

He gets credit for being the glue that holds the organization together and keeps them focused on winning.

8. Re: Are Roman and Wink carrying Harbs?

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    LOL how would Garrett be an improvement over Harbaugh? Garrett always has a confused look on his face on the sidelines. Like he doesn't even know where he is, or what to do.
    No, I think what he's saying is that. If Roman wants to be a head coach, he would be the head coach of the Ravens, and Harbaugh would be the head coach of the Cowboys, and Garrett would find some other job somewhere else.

Because Greg Roman as the head coach of the Ravens is a better outcome than Greg Roman as the head coach of some team that offers him the head coaching job. If the Ravens were to lose Greg Roman, there's a very good chance that the new OC won't be able to do the run first offense with running QBs, with Lamar, anywhere near as good as Greg Roman does.

Everything is working perfectly fine with the coaches in Baltimore. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But it's possible that Greg Roman might want a HC job, and if Greg Roman were to leave, that would be bad. It would be acceptable or tolerable after a Super Bowl win or wins.

Honestly, I don't think a lot of people understand what Harbaugh does.

No matter what he can't win.

He wins in 2012 and it's "he inherited HoFers", "This is Ray and Eds team", etc.

Now it's that his coordinators are carrying him?

Half of you criticizing him right now were the same ones saying we'd be running Lamar 20 times a game and runnign the veer.

Get over it, John Harbaugh is a good HC.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

10. Re: Are Roman and Wink carrying Harbs?

C’mon. Outside the box. Please. It’s GRO’s system with more QB runs hidden as RO’s. This system wouldn’t work w/o Lamar.

I think truly good coaches who would be willing to draft Lamar would be willing to design a system around him. He’s not a round peg QB. You can’t put him in any system and have success. ATL designed the plays around Vick. Same as Carolina around Cam. I wouldn’t want River Boat coaching my little league team ! But he wins. He’s been to the show.

Why does Harbs get a pass on the last 5 yrs and all the blame go on Oz and Joe?

GRO's system is outside of the box. All systems with running QBs running 500 yards per year are outside of the box. Somebody hired Greg Roman who got to the Super Bowl with Kaepernick running a lot and running well. Not normal, atypical. No team has clearly used time travel, or teleportation, levitation or magic in order to drive the team down the field, score points and win. But the Ravens took the expert at running QBs and combined him with a great running QB who was the 5th most expensive QB that year, but one who was clearly the best and by far the most suitable for Greg Roman's system, and they're 13-3 over Lamar's starting career.

C’mon. Outside the box. Please. It’s GRO’s system with more QB runs hidden as RO’s. This system wouldn’t work w/o Lamar.

I think truly good coaches who would be willing to draft Lamar would be willing to design a system around him. He’s not a round peg QB. You can’t put him in any system and have success. ATL designed the plays around Vick. Same as Carolina around Cam. I wouldn’t want River Boat coaching my little league team ! But he wins. He’s been to the show.

Why does Harbs get a pass on the last 5 yrs and all the blame go on Oz and Joe?

So in the offseason it was all about "Harbeckler won't allow anything innovative. Lamar will run 20 times a game".

Now it's "This is GRo's system".

This is sad.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Absolutely not.

Harbs always has his players ready to play. We've had a lack of good talent on the rosters since the 2012 season and besides that injury riddled 2015 season, the Ravens have always made the seasons interesting. If I remember right, even in the years that the Ravens didn't make the playoffs, (besides 2015) they didn't lose a playoff spot until late in those seasons.

I think he finally has some good talent to work with and good coordinators, and we are seeing the results. You don't see the Ravens players pulling moves like the Browns last night, with constant targeting and the MMA fight at the end. I think that type of behavior stems from the team culture, from the coach on down.

He definitely needs good coordinators to succeed, but I think the winning, respectful culture that he has built in Baltimore is really underrated. For those people that want one of the coordinators to be the head coach for the Ravens, remember that once a coordinator becomes a head coach, they have a lot more on their plate than just calling plays. For examples, look at how Jim Caldwell and Chuck Pagano did once they left Baltimore.