Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Worst olines last week

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion and has the right to be critical for sure. Ravens used a first on Stanley and a lot of capital on Monroe. Most great olines are a combination of a few early picks and 4,5 , undrafted and low cost free agents. Just way of the salary cap era.
    Disagree what's Pittsburghs Dallas or Oaklands made up of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and has the right to be critical for sure. Ravens used a first on Stanley and a lot of capital on Monroe. Most great olines are a combination of a few early picks and 4,5 , undrafted and low cost free agents. Just way of the salary cap era.
    I would not use Stanley as a reference. When the Monroe issues came up, it was clear the Ravens needed a LT badly. Otherwise, IMO we would have drafted DeForest Buckner (DE), who went to the 49ers one pick later. Alex Lewis was a good use of a 4th round pick, but keep in mind we had let KO go free. This year we let Wagner walk and didn't attempt to fill RT until the 11th hour... Bc

Wanna frazzle the fuq out of a rookie QB? Push the pocket right into his face.

I'm eager to see if BWill/Pierce can do that again this week.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I would not use Stanley as a reference. When the Monroe issues came up, it was clear the Ravens needed a LT badly. Otherwise, IMO we would have drafted DeForest Buckner (DE), who went to the 49ers one pick later. Alex Lewis was a good use of a 4th round pick, but keep in mind we had let KO go free. This year we let Wagner walk and didn't attempt to fill RT until the 11th hour... Bc
    If Dallas would have let us trade up Stanley wasent even going to be the pick it would have been Ramsey

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    If Dallas would have let us trade up Stanley wasent even going to be the pick it would have been Ramsey
    Excellent point! as we were Dback deficient too. However, when the 'Boys didn't bite, then Stanley had to be the choice. Nice catch though... Bc
    Last edited by BcRaven; 09-12-2017 at 04:56 PM.

True - you only get so many 1st round picks as a franchise, and if you go to the playoffs more often than not (going back to 2008) you very rarely have a top end 1st round pick. That pick was used on a LT.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Disagree what's Pittsburghs Dallas or Oaklands made up of?

using Ourlads:

Dallas: LT (1st), LG (FA-waiver), C (1st), RG (1st), RT (UDFA)
    Oakland: LT ($FA), LG ($FA), C (UDFA), RG (3rd), RT (7th)
    Pittsburgh: LT (FA-waiver), LG (UDFA), C (1st), RG (1st), RT (2nd)

Of course, Oakland's starting LG was a Baltimore 2nd round draft pick.

Blog Entries

It was surprising to me how bad the Giants Oline looked. They gave up a sack during the intros of the oline at the beginning of the game.
    For some reason I thought you were saying that the players were introduced coming on the field (like playoffs) and they managed to give up a sack during those introductions ... now that would have been really bad

As I was typing I realized what you were saying, but still thought it funny enough to continue....
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    using Ourlads:

Dallas: LT (1st), LG (FA-waiver), C (1st), RG (1st), RT (UDFA)
    Oakland: LT ($FA), LG ($FA), C (UDFA), RG (3rd), RT (7th)
    Pittsburgh: LT (FA-waiver), LG (UDFA), C (1st), RG (1st), RT (2nd)

Of course, Oakland's starting LG was a Baltimore 2nd round draft pick.
    Ravens :

LT: 1st (2016)
    LG: UNDFA
    C: 6th (2013?)
    RG: 3rd (2007)
    RT: FA $

The Ravens gained 151 yards on Sunday behind a massive OL that lacks ideal discipline and cohesion atm.

Blog Entries

Rushing yards ^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Ravens :

LT: 1st (2016)
    LG: UNDFA
    C: 6th (2013?)
    RG: 3rd (2007)
    RT: FA $

The Ravens gained 151 rushing yards on Sunday behind a massive OL that lacks ideal discipline and cohesion atm.
    And that is very encouraging.
    Howard was signed Aug 4th and looked incredibly rusty vs Miami on Thurs Aug 17th
    Hurst had 2 weeks practice at LG, having been a T in camp before Howard arrived.
    Yanda sat out a bunch, as did Stanley
    And Jensen was spelled by Zuttah, Skura, and we traded late for 2 C (Bergstron and Bowanko)

With all that 2 RBs split 40 carries and got 80 (West) and 71 (Allen) yards

Looks like UPSIDE to me, Cincy's D line is good ... when our OLine really gels, Ricard gets better at reading who to block (he appears fine at blocking someone), and Woodhead status clears (Langford/Collins?)

The Ravens gained 151 rushing yards on Sunday behind a massive OL that lacks ideal discipline and cohesion atm. Your saying "atm" is spot on. things should improve, and improve over 151 yds on the ground? Oh boy, can't wait.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

I'm not surprised by New York's line issues. They just haven't fixed them. They've made some effort, but it hasn't materialized. New York also went the defensive route, paying out big money to Harrison and Jenkins. Their defense is certainly good, but that's just a tough strain to put on your defense. They haven't even had to pay Beckham yet.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore