Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast

Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Again, if this was a clearly banned substance, the NFL would have said so. Until I see otherwise, that's what this is telling me.
    Well, IGF-1 was banned. Whether the spray was, or even contains IGF-1 is up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Hey Mr Hyperbole, I've been the biggest defender of Ray around here.

Your not so clever euphemism doesn't change the fact it's a news worthy story.
    and his point was it would have been a worthy news story on October when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
    Some Ravens fans like to see evidence (which was supposedly available but not provided) before believing something said to be true from what seems to me to be an obvious scam company.

Ray has flat out denied it. If it is true, this "company" can easily provide the video taped evidence to disprove him. So, ball is in their court.

Regardless, the ploy of releasing the story.. what.. hours?.. before Ravens take on day 1 of SB media day makes it reek.
    I agree.

Yes, the media has a duty now to dig. Lets hope they do so.

Its a double edged sword though. What if the media finds more dirt?

But again, it doesn't mean the story wasnt worth reporting. That was my only real contention.

4. Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    and his point was it would have been a worthy news story on October when it happened.
    This. Thank you. Like someone upthread pointed out, the timing of this reeks.

This assumes the story was properly vetted and in place by then and there was some sort of conspiracy. It wasn't looking too good that we'd be in the Super Bowl back then so its difficult for me to think it was done on the hopes of ruining a Ravens Super Bowl run.

I agree.

Yes, the media has a duty now to dig. Lets hope they do so.

Its a double edged sword though. Hat if the media finds more dirt?

But again, it doesn't mean the story wasnt worth reporting. That was my only real contention.
    Well some of the media HAS dug, i.e. the ones who talked to other manufacturers of the stuff who said that there really couldn't be any of the substance in question in it.

The problem I have, is these ESPN reporters spewing off loads of crap without even questioning the credibility of the report, and Mitchell Ross. They are so eager to make this into another BALCO that they are tripping over themselves.

We as fans deserve better than to have media day ruined over something that looks completely fishy. If they are going to be "good" reporters, and be "in depth" and "insiders", then DO IT.

Instead we have that washed-up hosebeast Hannah Storm telling us that Ray "didn't REALLY deny using it" even though he said he didn't at least twice while he was on the podium.

This assumes the story was properly vetted and in place by then and there was some sort of conspiracy. It wasn't looking too good that we'd be in the Super Bowl back then so its difficult for me to think it was done on the hopes of ruining a Ravens Super Bowl run.
    That's a fair point, but the morning of the media day? C'mon that's not a coincidence by Si

The timing absolutely blows...it is obvious what SI is doing.

And it's up for debate if the stuff actually has IGF-1 at all and if it does, how much, and if it is even intact since it apparently needs to be handled with care.

Most of the stuff the guy said about his conversation is true...the only, only thing up for debate with Ray's dealings with him is if he sent Ray the Antler stuff and if Ray sprayed it. They did talk and Ray did ask the guy to send him a package.

It is not unreasonable to think Ray may have used the spray based on what he and the guy said. It sounds like in the end it doesn't mean anything because the stuff may not have had it at all.

The media's job is to follow/uncover stories to make money for the company. That is what they do. Yes timing means everything a lot of the time. It is what it is. Ray is not the first guy to have this type of thing happen to him.

Calling someone a Steeler fan is lame and childish. HR has been here and been a Ravens fan for years and it's always the new guy who comes in with that garbage.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

That's a fair point, but the morning of the media day? C'mon that's not a coincidence by Si
    Now pft has an article up that the owner had a radio interview Tuesday expressing disappointment that Lewis didn't promotes SWATS. Can't link it ...on phone .

It seems clear he is smearing Lewis at this point

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-one-nfl-team/

Blog Entries

Outlets like SI don't "properly vet" stories any more. The guy probably made the recording in October, realized he might have a little skin in the game once the Ravens made the SB, called SI yesterday, they slapped it up on their website, and poof! -- here we are.

Manti Teo anyone? These guys don't fact check; they hear a rumor and run with it. There is no downside to being wrong, as long as they generate buzz, that's it. The public does not demand accuracy, so why waste resources providing it? Give them something to talk about, mission accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Well, IGF-1 was banned. Whether the spray was, or even contains IGF-1 is up in the air.
    I did a little searching around.

IGF-1 (Insulin-like Growth Factor-1) is a polypeptide compound normally produced from HGH
    IGF-1+ is extracted from Deer Antler Velvet

I wonder if this small distinction extinguishes this whole mess?

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Outlets like SI don't "properly vet" stories any more. The guy probably made the recording in October, realized he might have a little skin in the game once the Ravens made the SB, called SI yesterday, they slapped it up on their website, and poof! -- here we are.

Manti Teo anyone? These guys don't fact check; they hear a rumor and run with it. There is no downside to being wrong, as long as they generate buzz, that's it. The public does not demand accuracy, so why waste resources providing it? Give them something to talk about, mission accomplished.
    :word