Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Trading for Ryan Mathews

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Im not one to normally advocate for trading for a rb, but I think Engram is the type of guy we need, even though he lacks the receiving threat. I am still not sold on Dixon, I love his runny style and he just always seems to get an extra 4 yards when you think hes down, I just am not sure he is our future
    Ingram is a pretty good receiver. He had almost 50 catches and 4 receiving TDs last year. I just don't think the Ravens could afford to add his salary and they wouldn't give him a long term extension to get his cap number down.

Pass on trading for him, he'll get cut. Not even sure I'd be interested as a FA. He's injury prone and just not that good. I don't think he'd be much of an upgrade, if any, over what we have.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Just because our d made him look like AP last year doesn't make it a good idea.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

4. Re: Trading for Ryan Mathews

Jordan...Ryan...Clay...

At this point, I'm expecting someone to inquire about Bruce Matthews.

Not going to happen. Money is better spent on Mangold or Jordan Matthews.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

We still have an OL to fill. We have running backs. We just need to find guys to create holes for them to run through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    West is 26 and Mathews will be 30 during the season, who is also due to make 4million this year. I will take the younger guy with a lot less of a career workload and most likely Mathews will be released anyways.

Not too mention we have Dixon week 5. If West sees 250 carries last year, most likely hes a 1k yard rusher.

Also, we have Woodhead. I see no reason what so ever to trade/sign Mathews.
    I agree. West is not only 26, but had a solid year in 2016 including 6 TDs (5 rushing). He also hasn't been worn out by an overload of carries. With Woodhead on-board, and Dixon back in game #5, IMO there's no need to tinker with RB. Now WR and Oline, that's a different story... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I agree. West is not only 26, but had a solid year in 2016 including 6 TDs (5 rushing). He also hasn't been worn out by an overload of carries. With Woodhead on-board, and Dixon back in game #5, IMO there's no need to tinker with RB. Now WR and Oline, that's a different story... Bc
    I agree to an extent. While I think we have competent RBs on the roster, I honestly don't believe we have our future RB on the roster or that game changing guy we need. I know a lot of people like Dixon, but he missed 4 games last year due to injury, he will miss another 4 this year due to suspension, I love his running style, just when you think he is down, he gets another 5 yards or so. I cant give a legit reason why but I just don't think he is our guy. Now if we just decide to have a rotational backfield, ok, I can understand the premise, just would rather have another workload guy ie Ray Rice.

Blog Entries

Mathews is like the last thing we need. Hard pass.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

I've never seen any sustained play by Ryan Mathews or Mark Ingram that makes me feel like they would be the answer needed at RB. They both seem pretty average to me...sort of like what we already have. Better playcalling, improved line play and balance are what's needed to fix the running game. My prediction would be that a backfield of Ingram/Mathews/Woodhead would produce the same results as West/Dixon/Woodhead if both were given the same workload.

Blog Entries

What? We need someone to keep CampanIRro company in the training room?

Blog Entries

I think West and Dixon are better than average backs, they just weren't used properly behind a poor run blocking line. Both of these backs would have been pro bowlers in 2014.