Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Daryl Smith? Yes he is now a Raven

Great ILB. Why hasn't anyone picked him up yet? I think he would be a good signing.

Blog Entries

Re: Daryl Smith?

He missed 14 games last year with a groin injury. It could be that teams are worried about his health.

Blog Entries
    Most teams see him as a past their prime above avg linebacker. In other words, he's going to be around after the draft. Same with Karlos Dansby.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

If the Ravens decide to sign a veteran LB, it's much more likely (at least IMO) they would sign Dansby over Smith. My reasoning for this has nothing to do with how the front office has evaluated either player. It's based on the fact that Ozzie would rather sign a player that has been released instead of an UFA so they don't lose any of their comp picks in next years draft.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    If the Ravens decide to sign a veteran LB, it's much more likely (at least IMO) they would sign Dansby over Smith. My reasoning for this has nothing to do with how the front office has evaluated either player. It's based on the fact that Ozzie would rather sign a player that has been released instead of an UFA so they don't lose any of their comp picks in next years draft.
    True if they were equal players. I can't see Ozzie signing an inferior player just to try and get a low round comp pick. Especially this year where they really haven't signed any UFAs.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    True if they were equal players. I can't see Ozzie signing an inferior player just to try and get a low round comp pick. Especially this year where they really haven't signed any UFAs.
    This. Compare it to what happened last year: losing Grubbs, Johnson, Redding, Zbikowski, and Nakamura while signing Considine and Graham. The Ravens still got all 4 compensatory picks. You can only get a max of 4 comp picks and the comparison works on a player-by-player basis. The Ravens have lost Kruger and Ellerbe to big contracts that should yield 4th round compensatory picks. Ed Reed and Cary Williams are both probably worth 5th round picks. Bryant McKinnie is probably not going to be re-signed.

Smith is a much better player than Dansby, injuries not considered, and signing him to a cheap 2 year deal would probably have no impact on the compensatory picks. The Ravens would still get 4, and 3 of the 4 would likely be in the 5th or higher. At worst, a Smith signing might "cancel out" Ed Reed, in which case substitute probably a 6th or 7th (Bryant McKinnie) instead of Reed's 5th.

Blog Entries

It looks like the Rams might be interested in Smith.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-st-louis-rams

He could leave with a deal tomorrow. ... : )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 13ub View Post
    He could leave with a deal tomorrow. ... : )
    ??

Is he even visiting the facility?

Its official...he will sign tomorrow. ...he's been there since last night

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 13ub View Post
    Its official...he will sign tomorrow. ...he's been there since last night
    And you know this how?

Blog Entries

would be a good signing if it comes to fruition; but why wouldn't the Jags sign him? No brainer

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!