Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Ben Rothlisberger Officially Retires

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    You are talking about it from a fan's perspective. I'm saying that institutionally it is far more likely that if Jimmy G takes them to and wins a SB that he is going to get a contract extension and Lance will have to wait. Every QB not named Brady, Eli or Big Ben has one ring over the past 25 years. During that time, the only one that has ever been let go immediately following a SB win is Dilfer. And there are still a contingent of fans and some Ravens players that thought even that was a mistake. Anyone with one eye can see that Lance is a superior athlete and talent...I'm not debating that. I'm saying that I do not believe they will send Jimmy packing if they win the SB.
    How many of those other QBs were also injury prone and already has a third overall pick on the roster waiting in the bullpen who is CLEARLY better than him?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    How many of those other QBs were also injury prone and already has a third overall pick on the roster waiting in the bullpen who is CLEARLY better than him?
    Let me try it a different way...

The 49ers would be the first team since the 2000 Baltimore Ravens to part ways with their SB winning QB
    The Ravens did so and signed pro-bowl QB Elvis Grbac from the KC Chiefs
    The 49ers would be doing it for a talented and unproven #3 draft pick.

I'm saying it's NOT LIKELY

PS...as far as being clearly better, I would think if that were truly the case, Jimmy G would be on the bench. But I do think Lance is clearly more talented.

Let me try it a different way...

The 49ers would be the first team since the 2000 Baltimore Ravens to part ways with their SB winning QB
    The Ravens did so and signed pro-bowl QB Elvis Grbac from the KC Chiefs
    The 49ers would be doing it for a talented and unproven #3 draft pick.

I'm saying it's NOT LIKELY

PS...as far as being clearly better, I would think if that were truly the case, Jimmy G would be on the bench. But I do think Lance is clearly more talented.
    Lance was a rookie and it's still a thing to let rookies sit. KC did it with Mahomes. How many QBs have been bounced from their team after being drafted third overall? And without even being giveb the keys to the castle? There is zero chance the 49ers stick with Jimmy G as starter next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Lance was a rookie and it's still a thing to let rookies sit. KC did it with Mahomes. How many QBs have been bounced from their team after being drafted third overall? And without even being giveb the keys to the castle? There is zero chance the 49ers stick with Jimmy G as starter next season.
    Disagree.
    I laid out my scenario where they would. I'd be willing to make a wager that IF the 49ers win the SB and Jimmy G plays well as part of it - They will not jettison him.
    I've already said that if they fall short of that, Jimmy is out and Trey is in. But very specifically, my point is if they win the SB with Jimmy, he ain't going nowhere.

Disagree.
    I laid out my scenario where they would. I'd be willing to make a wager that IF the 49ers win the SB and Jimmy G plays well as part of it - They will not jettison him.
    I've already said that if they fall short of that, Jimmy is out and Trey is in. But very specifically, my point is if they win the SB with Jimmy, he ain't going nowhere.
    If they do keep Jimmy after a SB win it'll be to back up Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Burrow never sexually assaulted anyone so he’s infinitely more likable than Big Ben
    Big Ben never killed anyone either.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSteeler View Post
    Big Ben never killed anyone either.
    Yeah! All his rape victims survived, so suck it, Ravens' fans! Steelers win!

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Yeah! All his rape victims survived, so suck it, Ravens' fans! Steelers win!
    Some of you people are a lawsuit waiting to happen. You are not as anonymous on the internet as you might think. Just ask the guy who slandered Brady a few years ago.