Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Greg Roman giving play analysis

But, but, but, Roman was assistant coach of the year in 2019. He must be good by default !

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    He's also using some of the same stuff from his San Fran days. Yes I know this. What does it mean or prove? Yes there are plays that are designed very poorly and they leave Lamar looking for guys that won't be open. There are also plays where guys are open and Lamar misses them. There are also plays where the OLine falls the fuck apart and it doesn't matter. There are also plays that Roman calls that a 5 year old can see coming. And there are plays that he calls that result in TDs.

Let me be clear - I don't like Greg Roman as OC of the Ravens, especially come playoff time. I'm saying the video doesn't prove a damn thing.
    But it is not being done on every single NFL team. Its constantly an issue with Romans schemes.

Roll back 1 page and look at the video Xioake Posted.

There a number of videos put out by guys like Steve Smith and Kurt Warner who have all said the same thing.

How can two hall of famers and an ex player like Orlovsky all be wrong???? and all saying the same thing.

Anybody from the Roman Empire gonna defend this? This might be the worst play design I’ve ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    How about this: someone pull A22 from an offensive play, literally just one, that you feel didn’t work because of Greg Roman’s design, and explain why and we’ll have a chat about that.
    https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/sta...92306010288132

There you go. Explain away why Roman would have 5 WRS all bunched within 3-4 yards of each other and honestly say this is a proper NFL passing route?

You win. I give up. You are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Anybody from the Roman Empire gonna defend this? This might be the worst play design I’ve ever seen.

I was just posting the same thing. One of the board know it alls asked for an all 22 video and here is a perfect example of the dumb mickey mouse shit Roman designs.

Steve Smith pointed this out before, saying why would you have 2 WRS within 3 yards of each other, on the same side of the field just running go routes? There is rarely any complexity to the routes.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I was just posting the same thing. One of the board know it alls asked for an all 22 video and here is a perfect example of the dumb mickey mouse shit Roman designs.

Steve Smith pointed this out before, saying why would you have 2 WRS within 3 yards of each other, on the same side of the field just running go routes? There is rarely any complexity to the routes.
    “But but but….. Dan Orlovski was a bad QB so his analysis is wrong!”

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    But, but, but, Roman was assistant coach of the year in 2019. He must be good by default !
    Roman was gifted with a QB and a roster (three good TE's) that allowed him to take his offense to heights never possible with the 49ers and Bills. Plus the league had no film on the 2019 offense and now they have plenty. It's a perfect storm that is never going to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    “But but but….. Dan Orlovski was a bad QB so his analysis is wrong!”
    Steve Young hired Trent Dilfer to teach his son how to throw a football. Some of the best analysts and coaches were mediocre players on the field because they had to fight and scrap for everything.

Why is Trent Dilfer coaching high school football? One reason is the son he lost.

Years ago, Dilfer taught Steve Young’s son to throw a football. It might be one of his most satisfying accomplishments. Imagine him, Trent Dilfer, a player with a 70.2 lifetime passer rating for five teams over 13 years, teaching the child of a Hall of Fame quarterback to throw.

But Dilfer’s imperfection as a player made him a brilliant teacher in retirement. He worked hard to be an average NFL passer. Young never had to think about how he threw the ball. He just threw it.

“I know how to teach you how to throw it,” he says. “I know how to teach you better than anyone else how to do it. I know how to get you to tackle a guy better than most people. Not only do I know it, I know how to communicate it.”

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Like it or not Greg Roman is a savant
    He's an idiot savant. Heavy on the idiot and light on the savant.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I remember this from 2 years ago. Embarrassing but I’m sure the Roman Empire will find a way to defend it.