Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Mike MacDonald - New DC

If Mike MacDonald works out he's a potential Harbaugh replacement later on if he doesn't get poached by another NFL team first.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    Can we package Rob Ryan and GRo and send them to somebody for an RT?
    No, but we could probably get a mean grilled cheese sandwich from steak n spuds

Blog Entries

Very happy with this. Hopefully not too many complaints. This is the kind of young coaching hire many of us have wanted. I'm excited.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I'm pretty happy. No offense to Weaver, who was probably the fall back position. Just guessing. But I think MacDonald would have gotten the job a year ago had the Giants hired Wink instead of Judge.

I think he's going to be a steadier presence and good teacher.

I expect Rob Ryan to go, and MacDonald will certainly have ideas about who he wants coaching ILBs.

The ILB coach at Michigan under MacDonald is George Helo. I only know this because MacDonald hired him away from Maryland after he had spent one year as Locksley's ILB/Special Teams coach. Locksley knew Helo from his days at Alabama. Helo also coached at GA and FSU, so a great college pedigree. Perhaps not enough NFL experience, but I always say hire the smartest person regardless if they have done that particular job before.

Maybe Weaver goes to Michigan to work with Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I'm pretty happy. No offense to Weaver, who was probably the fall back position. Just guessing. But I think MacDonald would have gotten the job a year ago had the Giants hired Wink instead of Judge.

I think he's going to be a steadier presence and good teacher.

I expect Rob Ryan to go, and MacDonald will certainly have ideas about who he wants coaching ILBs.

The ILB coach at Michigan under MacDonald is George Helo. I only know this because MacDonald hired him away from Maryland after he had spent one year as Locksley's ILB/Special Teams coach. Locksley knew Helo from his days at Alabama. Helo also coached at GA and FSU, so a great college pedigree. Perhaps not enough NFL experience, but I always say hire the smartest person regardless if they have done that particular job before.

I do not know much about Macdonald, I know about as much as I knew about Wink when the was hired. I like he is on the younger side. Articles I read when he was hired at Michigan said he likes to run multiple fronts and the article even mentioned his time with the Ravens. I know he has gotten a ton of credit for how good Michigan was this year. He has some highly rated players coming out this year in the draft.

I do not think Rob Ryan would be much of a loss if he goes. Never been crazy about him.

I would not be crazy about the Anthony Weaver promotion if that happens. I think the DL grossly under performed this year. IF he is responsible for the DL there sure was not much pressure. Great run game but zero pressure.

Mike MacDonald - New DC

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Very happy with this. Hopefully not too many complaints. This is the kind of young coaching hire many of us have wanted. I'm excited.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    Back in those Dean Pees, Ravens fans would’ve orgasmed at the thought of having a young 34 year old defensive coordinator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Feels like Daxton Hill and Chris Hinton are both coming to Baltimore now and I'd be more than ecstatic about that
    Chris Hinton is the son of former Baltimore Colts OT, Chris Hinton. Hinton was part of the trade that sent John Elway to the Broncos from the Colts. I have always felt that if the Colts had fired Frank Kush and somehow managed to convince Elway to play for them, that attendance would not have fallen and the Colts would have never moved to Indy.

https://mgoblue.com/sports/football/...r-hinton/22001
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Back in those Dean Pees, Ravens fans would’ve orgasmed at the thought of having a young 34 year old defensive coordinator.

And Pops Mattison.

Harbs has groomed this guy. hired him as an intern and he remained in the transition from Pees to Wink. I just get the sense Harbs is much more involved in the D than people think. This is 100% why they canned Wink.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Harbs has groomed this guy. hired him as an intern and he remained in the transition from Pees to Wink. I just get the sense Harbs is much more involved in the D than people think. This is 100% why they canned Wink.
    I can buy in to this theory. Somebody was going to hire him - the Ravens need to jump quickly or lose him.

Wink was a Rex guy. Which is why Wink brought in Rob. But Rex and Harbs go back to Cincy Bearcats together, too. Rex was DC. Current DB coach Chris Hewitt was a player on that Bearcat team.

My take away is that John leaned on his dad and brother early on because who he knew was based on those connections. Now that he's been in the league for more than 20 years, John has made his own connections and is probably more confident with his own world view. Seems like "getting younger" with his staff as been prioritized, with the recent additions in the WR and DL rooms.

Now it needs to be applied to the defensive players ;)
    "That's what."
    — She

Well i guess of we want or need a Michigan defender in this draft
    We would have the inside tape and opinion on any of them since McDonald coached them this past season.

Good hire in my book. Hope he gets to Fill his own staff out on D.

Hope it gets pen to paper shortly. Sounds like most here can get on board with this , which i say AwesomeSauce lol.

Now next step in this offseason process

I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest