Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Pennsylvania and Michigan are changing voting rules for their states. Will other states follow?

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post

It's very likely we won't really know who won the evening of Nov. 3rd, and it's ridiculous to think we should or must.
    You have to admit that this creates an attractive nuisance situation, with respect to cheating.

Widespread cheating is difficult.

Focused cheating (limited to close races) becomes easier if you are prepared ahead of time, and you know which races you need to influence. Votes can be manufactured. And have been.

Blog Entries

Re: Pennsylvania and Michigan are changing voting rules for their states. Will other states follow?

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    You have to admit that this creates an attractive nuisance situation, with respect to cheating.

Widespread cheating is difficult.

Focused cheating (limited to close races) becomes easier if you are prepared ahead of time, and you know which races you need to influence. Votes can be manufactured. And have been.
    I mean, two can play at that game, right?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I mean, two can play at that game, right?
    Perhaps... but it never seems to go that way..

It always seem to be the labor unions... or big city election judges... or left-leaning activists that get caught stuffing the box.

I think it has to do with scruples... and how they manifest themselves politically.

I consider robbing your neighbor to pay for your wants and needs unscrupulous. I consider using government force to compel people to buy insurance unscrupulous. I consider adult male drag queens dancing in a thong with young children to be unscrupulous. I consider teaching people that anyone who has white skin is evil as a consequence of birth to be unscrupulous. I consider violence as a form of political expression to be unscrupulous. I consider impeaching a president for political reasons to be unscrupulous.

So I guess I really shouldn't find it particularly surprising, that people who hold these political positions, would not be constrained by scruples.
    Last edited by owknows; 09-21-2020 at 03:01 PM.

4. Re: Pennsylvania and Michigan are changing voting rules for their states. Will other states follow?

Perhaps... but it never seems to go that way..

It always seem to be the labor unions... or big city election judges... or left-leaning activists that get caught stuffing the box.

I think it has to do with scruples... and how they manifest themselves politically.

I consider robbing your neighbor to pay for your wants and needs unscrupulous. I consider using government force to compel people to buy insurance unscrupulous. I consider adult male drag queens dancing in a thong with young children to be unscrupulous. I consider teaching people that anyone who has white skin is evil as a consequence of birth to be unscrupulous. I consider violence as a form of political expression to be unscrupulous. I consider impeaching a president for political reasons to be unscrupulous.

So I guess I really shouldn't find it particularly surprising, that people who hold these political positions, would not be constrained by scruples.

nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/02/election-fraud-is-real-and-it-involves-a-republican.html

1298 proven cases of election fraud.

1121 criminal convictions

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud

6. Re: Pennsylvania and Michigan are changing voting rules for their states. Will other states follow?

1298 proven cases of election fraud.

1121 criminal convictions

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud
    Yes, ive seen it. Most cases involve a tiny number of votes. It was your pompous statement incinuationg that virtually all of the issues are caused by one side. You seemed to overlook the fact that there is no side that is guiltless. Especially considering in the last 50 years the only president that has been proven to be involved in election criminality and had to resign as well as the only federal election in 40 years that had to be redone were as a result of the link I gave you. Amazingly enough, both MAJOR violations i cited were instances involving people of the same political persuasion. The same persuasion you seem to consider saints.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Yes, ive seen it. Most cases involve a tiny number of votes. It was your pompous statement incinuationg that virtually all of the issues are caused by one side. You seemed to overlook s.
    The cases are predominantly representative of one party.

Blog Entries

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

9. Re: Pennsylvania and Michigan are changing voting rules for their states. Will other states follow?

The cases are predominantly representative of one party.
    Quite right. They are. I guess the evidence can only lead us to the conclusion that the dems try to monkey at the state and local level while the repubs try to steal federal elections.

10. Re: Pennsylvania and Michigan are changing voting rules for their states. Will other states follow?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk
    NO election can be made to be 100% safe. I dont think its possible in this day in age where even having fake IDs made and potentially distributed is relatively easy given technology as it is.

Ill even go as far as to say that I would not be surprised if a number of large elections were not swayed by fraud. For Gods sakes, millions of people have their identity stolen each year for financial gain.

What I do think is disingenuous is to presume that these schemes are the purview of one party over another. The numbers are the numbers. The GOP is in the minority. The lower the turnout the greater the chance of a GOP victory. Given our current political climate the GOP is going to leave no stone unturned in an attempt to discourage voting while the Dems are going to leave no stone unturned in their efforts to increase turnout. Bottom line the Dems would rather see a person vote and they use the battle cry of "no person disenfranchised" (increased turnout) while the GOP would rather see less vote and use the battle cry of "better to see a few citizens not vote than risk an illegal slipping through and voting" (low turnout). Its nothing more than political spin from both sides.

Doesnt mean either side is going to actually launch a coordinated nationwide effort in an attempt to steal the election. Thats what would have to be executed. Think about how difficult that would be, not only to accomplish, but to keep secret. But, each maneuver by either side to advance their objective is going to be forwarded with outrageous claims and spun facts in an attempt to support their case. Personally i think both sides are guilty of distraction. Rather than being forced to campaign on issues or accomplishments all the oxygen is being sucked up by how we will vote. The same technology that makes voting subject to fraud could, IMHO, be used to ensure truely secure elections for anyone who wanted to vote.
    Last edited by FloridaBasedFan; 09-21-2020 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    What I do think is disingenuous is to presume that these schemes are the purview of one party over another. The numbers are the numbers.
    Leftists are generally also incensed when people point out that they are responsible for nearly all political crime as well. Vandalism... Street Violence... Rioting... Looting... Arson...

But their feeling incensed doesn't change the objective truth of it.

12. Re: Pennsylvania and Michigan are changing voting rules for their states. Will other states follow?

Leftists are generally also incensed when people point out that they are responsible for nearly all political crime as well. Vandalism... Street Violence... Rioting... Looting... Arson..

But their feeling incensed doesn't change the objective truth of it.
    Nice pivot and deflection. Im not the least bit incensed. Now, if you want to be honest how about you include in your response that 100%, not 50 or 80 but 100% of the armed militia that have shown up at statehouses and as counter protesters during demonstrations are criminals who should be arrested. I have no doubt that you know that every single state and DC has laws against these militias. Just... be... honest. Neither side are saints. Both are dirty. You like what you like. Thats fine. Just dont demonize the opposition when those who you agree with are every bit as culpable.