Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Judon

Re: Matt Judon

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Am I crazy for thinking he's getting more than 15MM? I think more like 17
    Probably true. I think 15 is the franchise number.

I'm tired of letting guys go because we couldn't pay them. But I think Judon is a guy we let go because we SHOULDN'T pay him.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Probably true. I think 15 is the franchise number.

I'm tired of letting guys go because we couldn't pay them. But I think Judon is a guy we let go because we SHOULDN'T pay him.
    Yeah I agree. I've hcanged my mind 100 times, but I just see other ways to address the front 7.

I think we have to go ILB in the draft, but I see a very deep FA class for the DL. So I'd rather spend it wisely.

Pierce and Judon are not guys I'd bring back. They're just not versatile enough. Yes, Judon can play SAM, but he sucks against the run so despite being that SAM player, he doesnt' do it well, which makes him not that versatile.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I am just not paying him. I don't see it. I am not out here analyzing every detail of every play like some folks but from watching him, to me he is not worth high end edge guy money. There are a lot of edge guys that will be FA this year, I can't see making him the priority over some of those guys.

If they are going to pay 16-18M per for an edge player, it really has to be for a guy who is going to be making plays week in and week out, showing up, dominating games at times, and Judon doesn't do that.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

The fear for me is if we miss on Judon, we have to wait until that window where players can negotiate with teams besides the one they were with last season. So we have a window where we can get Judon before everyone else. Once that period ends, we're bidding against other for every single EDGE guy on the market. What if the guys we want never make it out of this window to begin with?
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

If it's a deep group of edge players coming up in free agency, maybe that decreases Judon's open-market value.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    The fear for me is if we miss on Judon, we have to wait until that window where players can negotiate with teams besides the one they were with last season. So we have a window where we can get Judon before everyone else. Once that period ends, we're bidding against other for every single EDGE guy on the market. What if the guys we want never make it out of this window to begin with?
    I just don't think that's reason to pay a guy. You are committing significant cap and financial resources here...whether it's Judon or someone else, it'll be one of the biggest contracts we've ever given (probably only second to Flacco, no?) and the impact of this signing will be felt for several years. I'm not signing a guy I don't think is worth that kind of deal because I'm afraid we'll lose out on getting someone else in FA.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I just don't think that's reason to pay a guy. You are committing significant cap and financial resources here...whether it's Judon or someone else, it'll be one of the biggest contracts we've ever given (probably only second to Flacco, no?) and the impact of this signing will be felt for several years. I'm not signing a guy I don't think is worth that kind of deal because I'm afraid we'll lose out on getting someone else in FA.
    I mean, I also think Judon is really good in his own right.

Blog Entries

CJ redo. The whole board said let him walk, then when they couldn't stop the run, the whole board said, wow we needed him.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    CJ redo. The whole board said let him walk, then when they couldn't stop the run, the whole board said, wow we needed him.
    Not me.

Even in hindsight, CJ was not worth the money the Jets paid him.

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    Not me.

Even in hindsight, CJ was not worth the money the Jets paid him.
    Agree. He had a terrible year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    This is where I'm at with Judon. You can't use half your cap space this off season on locking up Judon because you're afraid of not being able to replace him. DeCosta is savvy enought that he would find a way to replace Judon. Are there any veteran pass rushers that are likely to get cut? Not having Judon doesn't mean there is no pass rush in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    This is where I'm at with Judon. You can't use half your cap space this off season on locking up Judon because you're afraid of not being able to replace him. DeCosta is savvy enought that he would find a way to replace Judon. Are there any veteran pass rushers that are likely to get cut? Not having Judon doesn't mean there is no pass rush in 2020.
    Jason Pierre-Paul is almost definitely getting cut.