Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Ravens QB Lamar Jackson asks President Trump to commute sentence for rapper, friend Kodak Black

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Saying “Lamar should just stay out of anything political” and saying Lamar shouldn’t publicly defend a criminal are two different things.
    I definitely prefer our players to stay out of politics in this day and age where the masses have so significantly integrated politics with sports, as they SHOULDN'T. Ask Crapernick how that turned out; Especially since we have a big game this weekend.

Re: Ravens QB Lamar Jackson asks President Trump to commute sentence for rapper, friend Kodak Black

Just Lamar being Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    Lamar, your friend is an absolute menace.
    Yeah, he's such a menace as opposed to the war criminals, white supremacist and more that the wannabe dictator has pardoned. Give me a damn break man. If he's a menace, I no that you are absolutely losing your mind and lunch over the horror that has been the last 4 years and the people that he's parted and commuted sentences for.

Not when all that you are talking about this guy doing have been done by the pos president himself & many of people that he is commuting sentences for & pardoning. Seems like the exact kind of things that he loves to excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post
    I got screwed over more by politicians than anyone like kodak. I'm certain most people dont know who Kodak black is on this board just only his record. So I understand your generic response. "He is a menace to society and needs to be put away".
    What I always find morbidly amusing is how many of the same cats going all-in now have no problem tolerating all the bullshit from their certain others. Like the current mental midget & commander in queef. I would bet you dollars to doughnuts that they didn't have that same energy whenever it came to talking about that little murderous inbred incel Kyle Rittenhouse. I lurk more often than not, but I certainly notice that I don't see this same kind of energy when it comes to losers like the aforementioned Rittenhouse, the current pos criminal in the wh, and all of the pieces of treasonous trash, murderers & more that he surrounds himself with, supports or pardons. Funny how that works. Go to show you what's really going on with some people...🤔

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    The only people who can commute sentences are elected officials.

Lamar didn't post anything scandalously controversial, like "black lives matter". He requested clemency for his childhood friend, from an executive branch official who might be able to grant it.
    Agreed. Athough i must say that black lives matter doesnt qualify as "scandalous" anymore save for one particularly aggrieved & vociferous demographic in this country. As of September 55% approve of it and its plastered all over public venues & spaces like sports equipment & sports fields (even Ravens stadium as im sure we've all seen) across the country.

If we're being honest, given someone's unprecedented propensity to pardon convicted criminals like Kodak Black one can argue that its a savvy move by Jackson. I certainly don't care for Kodak in the least but as a political move one tweet certainly can't hurt, can it?

I mean, are supporters of 45 really going to cast stones at Lamar for being an opportunist? On Twitter at that?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I definitely prefer our players to stay out of politics in this day and age where the masses have so significantly integrated politics with sports, as they SHOULDN'T. Ask Crapernick how that turned out; Especially since we have a big game this weekend.
    Politics have been integrated into the modern sports realm with corporate & state (i.e. the department of defense & the military) sponsorship. It ain't nothing new (well relatively speaking). In fact it's chiefly responsible for the national popularity of football although that certainly wasn't that way 50 years ago. What's changed?

Are you lobbying to take corporate & state sponsorship out of the NFL? Obviously the biggest question & problem your mentality presents is - who decides what political activism in the public sports arena is acceptable or not?

& why is the most prevalent form unacknowledged & unassailable?

"Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

This has been moved to the Trash Heap? Not even the Politics section.

I suppose that must be because more commenters are criticising Mein Trumpf than praising him. That's some politicized modding (again).

I thought all that stuff, and all those angry commenters, had vanished from the main site when the politics dungeon was more securely fenced off.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post

I suppose that must be because more commenters are criticising Mein Trumpf than praising him. That's some politicized modding (again).

I thought all that stuff, and all those angry commenters, had vanished from the main site when the politics dungeon was more securely fenced off.
    Small wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    Politics have been integrated into the modern sports realm with corporate & state (i.e. the department of defense & the military) sponsorship. It ain't nothing new (well relatively speaking). In fact it's chiefly responsible for the national popularity of football although that certainly wasn't that way 50 years ago. What's changed?

Are you lobbying to take corporate & state sponsorship out of the NFL? Obviously the biggest question & problem your mentality presents is - who decides what political activism in the public sports arena is acceptable or not?

& why is the most prevalent form unacknowledged & unassailable?

When is it ever acceptable to become a political activist and protest at the place where you work? How about we draw the line once folks start supporting organizations that are very obviously misinterpreting constitutional rights to fit their own agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post

Wow, I never noticed it before , but your right. Crazy how this got so quickly canned. As I've been here for probably at least a decade and seen threads on spiral way out of control much worse and it remained. Where was the same sort of energy so many other times? It does seem kind of funny that the moment that low IQ Dirtbag loser gets called out it's ugly mood. Where was these twitch reflexes when some of these people piled on his predecessor? Man, I really hope this site isn't being run like that for real. Though to be fair some of my friends that were much more active users did kind of lean or what you alluded to. Which is why they left and discourage others to stay away. I'm not a follower type and hadn't really noticed it in myself, but then again I am a lurker admittedly. However it we're going to play the let's cater to the far-right crap, I might have to actually look into it

Well this did take an unfortunate turn