Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

$37 Million Dollars Sitting on the Sideline

Here’s who was missing when the Ravens fought for their season in the extra period:

Top two receivers, four overall: Steve Smith, Breshad Perriman, Michael Campanaro and Darren Waller
    Two of their top three corners, three overall: Lardarius Webb, Will Davis, Kyle Arrington
    Top two running backs: Justin Forsett and Lorenzo Taliaferro
    Top two tight ends: Dennis Pitta and Crockett Gillmore
    Top two pass-rushers: Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil
    Top defensive end: Chris Canty

In other words, $37.4 million of the team's salary cap – more than one quarter – was sitting on the sideline with the season hanging in the balance, per Hensley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: $37 Million Dollars Sitting on the Sideline

And yet the guy whose salary most people (more non-Ravens fans than Ravens fans, but still) want to claim hurt us so much hasn't missed a game since 2008 and is playing pretty well considering having severely limited tools to work with.

This is incredibly bad luck, which is why all of us who were frightened by the lack of depth on this team displayed during the preseason...were so damn...right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    And yet the guy whose salary most people (more non-Ravens fans than Ravens fans, but still) want to claim hurt us so much hasn't missed a game since 2008 and is playing pretty well considering having severely limited tools to work with.
    And that same guy has kept us in every game and given us the lead in just about all of them, and has put us in position to win all of them with the shabby supporting cast he's given and the clusterfuck of a defense that is put out there.
    The fact that there are still people out there bitching and complaining about this guy and his salary being the crux of our problems is mind blowing.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

:word

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    This is incredibly bad luck, which is why all of us who were frightened by the lack of depth on this team displayed during the preseason...were so damn...right.

I'm not sure any team has a enough depth to make up for losing the top guys at 6 positions.

Fire Pees

He's not playing pretty well. He's not playing quite as badly as his numbers entail, and he's got a lot of limiting factors around him (injuries, poor receiver play, new OC, lots of pressure)... but that's not the same as playing well.

I don't think he deserves to be considered the problem, and I'm happy to see him back next season, but he has to take his share of the blame too.

What's worst of all is that the OP's list doesn't even include the huge dead money associated with Rice and Ngata.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    He's not playing pretty well. He's not playing quite as badly as his numbers entail, and he's got a lot of limiting factors around him (injuries, poor receiver play, new OC, lots of pressure)... but that's not the same as playing well.

I don't think he deserves to be considered the problem, and I'm happy to see him back next season, but he has to take his share of the blame too.

What's worst of all is that the OP's list doesn't even include the huge dead money associated with Rice and Ngata.
    Name one QB outside of Rodgers and Flacco, who you think could put up 30 points a game, using this team and its offensive scheme.

Who? seriously?

Brady and manning cant throw deep, and they haven't had anyone cover their 5 yard routes for the last 5 years...

Whose left? Luck- turns the ball over 2 times every game, Ryan- has had Pro bowl and HOF talent around him for years, same as Big Jen,

If I'm Flacco I ask for a trade at this point, this team is horrific. We win 0 games without flacco... ZERO. We probably win Zero last year as well

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    And that same guy has kept us in every game and given us the lead in just about all of them, and has put us in position to win all of them with the shabby supporting cast he's given and the clusterfuck of a defense that is put out there.
    The fact that there are still people out there bitching and complaining about this guy and his salary being the crux of our problems is mind blowing.
    This isn't a direct knock on Super Joe...but...in the drive to tie the game, Joe completed 1(one) swing pass to Forsett that went for 32 yards. The rest was all on the ground.

The TD drive before that put the Ravens up 27-22 Flacco completed zero(0) passes. All yardage gained on the ground.

Forsett had a lot more to do with the comeback(s) yesterday than Flacco. Joe did hand the ball off nicely though. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Name one QB outside of Rodgers and Flacco, who you think could put up 30 points a game, using this team and its offensive scheme.

Who? seriously?

Brady and manning cant throw deep, and they haven't had anyone cover their 5 yard routes for the last 5 years...

Whose left? Luck- turns the ball over 2 times every game, Ryan- has had Pro bowl and HOF talent around him for years, same as Big Jen,

If I'm Flacco I ask for a trade at this point, this team is horrific. We win 0 games without flacco... ZERO. We probably win Zero last year as well
    Take a deep breathe and calm down. I don't know how you aren't putting Brady in your top list. The guy has had high school receivers and a no name offensive line and put up big offensive numbers in the past. To say Flacco is better than Brady is being a homer.

I think we all agree Flacco is the least of our worries. That being said, Flacco got his big pay day. We're going to see what kind of character he's made of this offseason. Is he going to be greedy like the last time and go for every dollar and screw the team in the long run (like that scumbag Brees) or play nice with a lower salary which will allow us to acquire more depth and quality across the board. He's seeing first hand proof what happens when the team has very little cap space. This year it is because of dead money, in the future it could be him. It is his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm not sure any team has a enough depth to make up for losing the top guys at 6 positions.
    :word

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk