Page 75 of 147 FirstFirst ... 7374757677 ... LastLast

Re: 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I’m not a high on him as others (I am coming around a bit), but yeah, he’s the best blocking WR by far I’ve seen on tape.
    An elite blocker that can fit into our track team mindset. Idk how EDC doesn’t pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1991 View Post
    An elite blocker that can fit into our track team mindset. Idk how EDC doesn’t pull the trigger.
    He has incredible natural quickness, but his routes often look lackadaisical and he doesn’t seem to have that natural feel for separation (see: why Mark Andrews is open so much more often than Hayden Hurst despite Hurst’s superior athleticism). He’s got an X receiver size and frame, but can struggle getting off press. He has elite ball skills, but suffers from concentration drops.

Don’t get me wrong. If he’s the pick at 28 I won’t be upset at all. But he’s hardly a flawless first round prospect. He was underrated before the combine but I think the pendulum has swung too far back the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    He has incredible natural quickness, but his routes often look lackadaisical and he doesn’t seem to have that natural feel for separation (see: why Mark Andrews is open so much more often than Hayden Hurst despite Hurst’s superior athleticism). He’s got an X receiver size and frame, but can struggle getting off press. He has elite ball skills, but suffers from concentration drops.

Don’t get me wrong. If he’s the pick at 28 I won’t be upset at all. But he’s hardly a flawless first round prospect. He was underrated before the combine but I think the pendulum has swung too far back the other way.
    You do bring up fair points. The real reason we can all be so polarizing is because we don’t know exactly what EDC would look for to round out our WR trio. Do we go old school air coryell on the outside with two big bullies and Hollywood inside. Does Lamar’s accuracy improve enough to take advantage of a high IQ route magician who will take advantage of every team playing zone against us? The uncertainty us fans have of our offense will trickle down to our grading.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1991 View Post
    You do bring up fair points. The real reason we can all be so polarizing is because we don’t know exactly what EDC would look for to round out our WR trio. Do we go old school air coryell on the outside with two big bullies and Hollywood inside. Does Lamar’s accuracy improve enough to take advantage of a high IQ route magician who will take advantage of every team playing zone against us? The uncertainty us fans have of our offense will trickle down to our grading.
    For sure. Makes things really exciting in a way though. Even after a 14-2 season I have no idea what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Anyone heard of or watched Casey Toohill?
    Saw the EDGE position workout numbers from the combine and his numbers stood out and checked out some of his tape. He's being slept on imo.

I love all three of those players, but nah I’d definitely rather have Jeudy lol
    Change it to Mims + Ruiz + Malik, and I'd definitely take the three players.

I think Ruiz is going to have an Alex Mack -type career: a decade as a perennial Pro Bowler. Significant impact on the play-to-play consistency of our offense, if he's at center. And if Jeudy turns out to be AJ Green + Odell wrapped into one, I still think Mims is going to be only a step behind: an occasional Pro Bowler. (I'm super high on Mims.) Him at the Z with Marquise in the slot and Boykin on the other side of the formation, would be a huge problem for opposing secondaries. So much speed, with hands.

(Getting Mims + Ruiz at 28 & 55 seems like a fantasy. We'd probably have to move up in the second.)

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Denzel Mims: "One thing I try to do is early on I try to bring him to the ground in the blocking game to show him that I'm here & I'm here to play....Every game I feel like I've got to leave with at least two pancakes...[The #Ravens are] somewhere I could see myself playing for one day."
    Love that!

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I’m not a high on him as others (I am coming around a bit), but yeah, he’s the best blocking WR by far I’ve seen on tape.
    Bingo. Also he's fast as shit, and can catch.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    If the Ravens can land ILB Queen, OG Ruiz and WR Mims with their first three picks they'll be set.
    That would be unreal. Maybe 10% more realistic is Malik instead of Queen. Get Ruiz in the 1st, trade up in the 2nd to catch Mims, snag Malik at the end of the 2nd.

Then pick Robert Hunt in the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Love that!

Bingo. Also he's fast as shit, and can catch.

That would be unreal. Maybe 10% more realistic is Malik instead of Queen. Get Ruiz in the 1st, trade up in the 2nd to catch Mims, snag Malik at the end of the 2nd.

Then pick Robert Hunt in the 3rd.
    Tell 'em, Jim!

It just may be that Cincy (at pick #33) is satisfied with Trey Hopkins at C but, OTOH, Hopkins can play G, too. Even if Ruiz slips by Cincy, I can't imagine he will fall farther than #38-#40.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Change it to Mims + Ruiz + Malik, and I'd definitely take the three players.

I think Ruiz is going to have an Alex Mack -type career: a decade as a perennial Pro Bowler. Significant impact on the play-to-play consistency of our offense, if he's at center. And if Jeudy turns out to be AJ Green + Odell wrapped into one, I still think Mims is going to be only a step behind: an occasional Pro Bowler. (I'm super high on Mims.) Him at the Z with Marquise in the slot and Boykin on the other side of the formation, would be a huge problem for opposing secondaries. So much speed, with hands.

(Getting Mims + Ruiz at 28 & 55 seems like a fantasy. We'd probably have to move up in the second.)
    You’re not getting Ruiz at 55, but nah I’m still taking Jeudy here.

... but nah I’m still taking Jeudy here.
    Cian @Cianaf
    1:21 PM · Mar 26, 2020
    https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/1243226496568905730
    The Ravens have a bunch of draft picks they're going to use to fill needs on defense, but also the Ravens should forget all of that and trade up for CeeDee Lamb because #fun.

It would be fun....

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Probably the best mock I've had so far. Doesnt' seem crazy unrealistic to me:

Can't believe you've given up on scarf at TE already!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Saw the EDGE position workout numbers from the combine and his numbers stood out and checked out some of his tape. He's being slept on imo.
    Toohill had a dominant East West Shrine game week. Good day 3 pick. Definitely being slept on. As is Mykal Walker, also good at he East West, who did play ILB last year but played 3-4 OLB for most of his college career-and he's better on the outside.