Page 95 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,129 to 1,140 of 1205
    Blog Entries

Re: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Anybody have any experience with Dead by Daylight or DayZ? They look kind of fun.

Tony hawk 1&2 is on the ps4 monthly free games. I remember playing the demo from pizza hut, good times

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
    I have over 1k hours of Dead by Daylight AMA. As a general comment the quality of the game has varied wildly over the years. At it's peak of fun factor (to me) I was playing it 14 hours a day on the weekends. Legit there was a weekend my wife went away and my fatass said on DBD the entire weekend stopping only to eat and sleep. That is completely unheard of at this point in my life. I actually made it all the way to Rank 1 Survivor at a time when rank meant you were kind of actually good at the game. Though, in my personal opinion it's not it's best in it's current iteration. The devs just did a massive overhaul of all the meta perks and it has had a huge impact on the game, good in some ways and worse in more, again, that's just my personal opinion, plenty of people love it also. If you want I get further into it lol.

Playing as Leatherface, Myers, Ghostface, etc., is fun stuff regardless.

I have played DayZ but those kind of survival games aren't for me unless I can play on a PvE server. Check out PUBG aka Playerunknown's Battlegrounds which is similar but doesn't have the survival bullshit. It's more like Warzone but slower paced. My crew got into it quite hard earlier this year, played it nightly for a couple months. Good game. Here's a video of me pulling out a 2v1 win on it.

Last edited by Bhcforlife; 08-29-2022 at 09:32 PM.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I have over 1k hours of Dead by Daylight AMA. As a general comment the quality of the game has varied wildly over the years. At it's peak of fun factor (to me) I was playing it 14 hours a day on the weekends. Legit there was a weekend my wife went away and my fatass said on DBD the entire weekend stopping only to eat and sleep. That is completely unheard of at this point in my life. I actually made it all the way to Rank 1 Survivor at a time when rank meant you were kind of actually good at the game. Though, in my personal opinion it's not it's best in it's current iteration. The devs just did a massive overhaul of all the meta perks and it has had a huge impact on the game, good in some ways and worse in more, again, that's just my personal opinion, plenty of people love it also. If you want I get further into it lol.

Playing as Leatherface, Myers, Ghostface, etc., is fun stuff regardless.

I have played DayZ but those kind of survival games aren't for me unless I can play on a PvE server. Check out PUBG aka Playerunknown's Battlegrounds which is similar but doesn't have the survival bullshit. It's more like Warzone but slower paced. My crew got into it quite hard earlier this year, played it nightly for a couple months. Good game. Here's a video of me pulling out a 2v1 win on it.

Well i just ordered DBD so we shall see. Running around murdering people or trying to escape sounds like it can be pretty fun. Saw some things i didnt seem to like, weird fireball type effects or something, i like realism gameplay, as close as you can realistically get. Feel free to break it down as much as you want
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Well i just ordered DBD so we shall see. Running around murdering people or trying to escape sounds like it can be pretty fun. Saw some things i didnt seem to like, weird fireball type effects or something, i like realism gameplay, as close as you can realistically get. Feel free to break it down as much as you want
    Check out Escape from Tarkov. That sounds like what you want. I have not played it ENOUGH to really give you a rundown but it's a very, very hardcore, realistic PvPvE shooter. I can't find a really great video because the game is incredibly complex and 5-10 minutes don't do it justice, but check out the website. My base level explaining of the game would be think a Warzone/Apex Legends/Battle Royale type game, but without the BR bullshit. You spawn in with weapons/gear (from your stash), there's no timer/closing circle, and the goal is to loot and find more stuff basically, then extract with it. Of course you'll have other ppl trying to do the same, plus NPC enemies.

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Check out Escape from Tarkov. That sounds like what you want. I have not played it ENOUGH to really give you a rundown but it's a very, very hardcore, realistic PvPvE shooter. I can't find a really great video because the game is incredibly complex and 5-10 minutes don't do it justice, but check out the website. My base level explaining of the game would be think a Warzone/Apex Legends/Battle Royale type game, but without the BR bullshit. You spawn in with weapons/gear (from your stash), there's no timer/closing circle, and the goal is to loot and find more stuff basically, then extract with it. Of course you'll have other ppl trying to do the same, plus NPC enemies.

I have actually watched a lot about Tarkov, just never gave it a chance, is it PC? I really want to find a game that i can dig into since i have the next couple weeks off, just going to be golfing, biking, kayaking, etc.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

I have actually watched a lot about Tarkov, just never gave it a chance, is it PC? I really want to find a game that i can dig into since i have the next couple weeks off, just going to be golfing, biking, kayaking, etc.
    You'll definitely like Dead by Daylight...if you have any questions once you play it let me know. I legit have it on every console it's available for and PC (where I played most) so I can jump on with you too if you want. The bulk of playtime for me was on Survivor but I know my way around Killer too.

Tarkov is PC...not sure if it's on console. Do you have a PC? If so a couple others - Ready or Not (had some controversy last year, has a level where you clear a school shooting in it) or Zero Hour. Both are kind of SWAT-esque type games where you and a small squad clear whatever of active shooter type stuff. Both are good and realistic.

Some other stuff too...Squad (Modern), Post Scriptum (WW2), Hell Let Loose (WW2, is on console also), Insurgency: Sandstorm (Modern, I *think* it's on console?), Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, Verdun (WW1), Holdfast: Nations at War (Revolutionary period), and Arma 3 (Modern) are others you could look into. All of these except ARMA and Holdfast are more of your squad based, realistic leaning PVP multiplayer FPS type games. I have them all and have played for varying amounts of time, all would be recommended in different ways. Hell Let Loose and Squad are the ones I've played the most, they are both quite fun. Think Battlefield but slower paced, more realistic and more teamwork oriented.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Back on my World of Warcraft bullshit again with the release of Wrath Classic. This is truly the peak of the game. It's so much fun to play, still has all the character of the early game but is simplified, faster paced, and easier.
    back on twitter

Back on my World of Warcraft bullshit again with the release of Wrath Classic. This is truly the peak of the game. It's so much fun to play, still has all the character of the early game but is simplified, faster paced, and easier.
    Same. My old server got merged with Sulfuras. Not sure what server you're on

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Same. My old server got merged with Sulfuras. Not sure what server you're on
    I have a 70 Warlock on Pagle and a 69 Paladin/65 Mage on Windseeker lol I play it too much

If you are in a guild that's gonna raid Wrath stuff on Alliance side and needs one of the three above (Pally is dual spec can tank or DPS, I have played WoW since 2004 and never healed LOL) let me know I might transfer. I want to raid but I didn't play during BC Classic so I don't know tons of people on the servers.
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 09-12-2022 at 11:25 AM.
    back on twitter

I have a 70 Warlock on Pagle and a 69 Paladin/65 Mage on Windseeker lol I play it too much

If you are in a guild that's gonna raid Wrath stuff on Alliance side and needs one of the three above (Pally is dual spec can tank or DPS, I have played WoW since 2004 and never healed LOL) let me know I might transfer. I want to raid but I didn't play during BC Classic so I don't know tons of people on the servers.
    I'm Horde :). Also I think they locked transfers in and out of Sulfuras anyway.

I couldn't get into TBC either, but I'm enjoying Wrath so far

Blog Entries

Damn, I don't think I have any Horde in Classic. I was always Alliance back in the day.

Wrath has been amazingly fun so far. I've been very addicted. I went from 58 to 69 on my Paladin over this weekend LOL
    back on twitter

Damn, I don't think I have any Horde in Classic. I was always Alliance back in the day.

Wrath has been amazingly fun so far. I've been very addicted. I went from 58 to 69 on my Paladin over this weekend LOL
    I've just been doing a Death Knight, but I'm really a warrior main

Pikmin 4 i am dead