Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Are the Ravens more Popular than we Think?

That's kind of surprising. There must be a spike in bandwagon fans from winning the SB. Seriously, I could probably count on one hand the number of Raven fans I've met outside the state of MD.

Re: Are the Ravens more Popular than we Think?

Quote Originally Posted by NJRaven View Post
    Same in North Jersey ;)
    I'm in Central Jersey (Hamilton, NJ) and can tell you that there are a ton of Ravens and Oriole fans up here in my experiences (again, just in my circle). A lot of them are transplants from MD like I am but there are also a lot of converts. I just ran into 3 more Ravens fans a few blocks from my neighborhood while out walking yesterday.

I saw a couple guys with Ravens hats on and I, naturally, gravitated to them to chat. It turns out that they were Eagles fans until about 6 years ago when they grew tired of Reid and haven't looked back.

Before I got DirecTV when I would go out to my local watering holes, there would always be 6-8 Ravens fans there as well. I guess it just depends where in Central Jersey you are.

Blog Entries

There are certainly a lot of players for kids to look up to on this team. My 7 year old daughter is obsessed with #12 as she calls Jacoby Jones. She watches him on Dancing with the Stars and tells me that he's even better than the Disney girl.

Ray Rice, Joe Flacco and Torrey Smith are the poster boys for guys you would want you daughter to marry. Leach, Ngata, Yanda and Webb all appeal to old time football fans who like the big thumpers. Terrell Suggs represents the last of the real Billick generation defensive Ravens players that so many of us fell in love with.

There is definitely no shortage of appeal from this roster.

The major issue here is the fact that the BOOTLEG "Authentic" Jerseys are not part of the count. I would assume that the amount of counterfeit jerseys would greatly decrease the NFL sales numbers. Maybe we just have more honest fans? No that can't be it since I see thousands of bootlegs at the Vault. I think the real fact is that the NFL has major investigations based in the Washington DC area so we see plenty items seized and the person selling them getting a US Customs Notice and charged with a crime. Funny how many bootleg hats and jerseys you can see at a game. By hey someone needs to help support the guys selling $5 hats on the bridges!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    There are certainly a lot of players for kids to look up to on this team. My 7 year old daughter is obsessed with #12 as she calls Jacoby Jones. She watches him on Dancing with the Stars and tells me that he's even better than the Disney girl.

Ray Rice, Joe Flacco and Torrey Smith are the poster boys for guys you would want you daughter to marry. Leach, Ngata, Yanda and Webb all appeal to old time football fans who like the big thumpers. Terrell Suggs represents the last of the real Billick generation defensive Ravens players that so many of us fell in love with.

There is definitely no shortage of appeal from this roster.
    :word

I've always worried that I wouldn't be as interested when I didn't recognize this team (after Ray, Ed, Heap, even Jamal Lewis were gone)... but new guys keep coming and it gets better and better.

I travel a ton for business (25 - 50%) and always wear my purple in airports. Atleast everyone i go to i always see something. I was in Vancouver British Columbia and the Customs agent gave me a high five an showed his ray lewis jersey under his uniform (it was AFC Championship Sunday), also saw a lot of ravens jerseys during the week up there. in Chattanooga i ran into a girl from Florida who had a Ball So Hard U t-shirt on too.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Lots of Ravens fans in Texas.

We started a fan group here and there's about 25-30 who show up on a regular basis.

The group in Austin is huge, getting 75-100 out for games.

Then you have The West Wing out in LA.
    Impressive. You and your buds have done a real fine job with that HR.
    Hats off to ya.

The Council of Ravens Roosts grew from 68 to 78 Roosts in a little over a year. Many out-of-state groups have applied, but each Roost's president (or rep) is required to attend monthly Council meetings in Catonsville. That limits growth. Still, there are 2 fan clubs in PA, 1 in DE, and we finally got one in VA (Greenbackville).

I know the Ravens Nests are more spread out across the country. Pretty sure they had a growh spurt too. Good on ya!
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

It's the bandwagoners. Same reason the Pats went from no one's favorite team to the new "America's Team" when they won 3 championships.

I actually had a Pats fan tell me back in 2005, "I just love winners". There's a name for that kind of fan.

Just wait to see how crazy it gets when we win the next 4 Superbowls in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Not surprising that the 2 teams that made the Super Bowl lead the league in jersey sells.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens were in the top ten again next year, simply because several popular players have left the team. People will be looking to replace their Lewis, Reed, Boldin, Kruger, Pollard and Ellerbe jerseys even if we have a mediocre year.
    Twenty years of Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens were in the top ten again next year, simply because several popular players have left the team. People will be looking to replace their Lewis, Reed, Boldin, Kruger, Pollard and Ellerbe jerseys even if we have a mediocre year.
    People had Ellerbe jerseys?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    Maybe his Family members? lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    I saw a couple lol.
    I just wanted to include all the names that many folks are upset about. ;)
    Twenty years of Cheers.