Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Coronavirus Hypocrisy Timeline (part 1)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Sure, but if he says that, everyone and their mother are out there buying up all of the masks and creating a shortage much earlier into this whole thing.

I agree that this looks like he was covering shit up and transparency would have been better. He’s not a politician though...he probably didn’t even consider how that would look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1) Everyone had already bought up all the masks.

2) He could easily have said... health professionals are the priority, and masks need to go there first.... so we're going to pull together as Americans and get out our sewing machines and turn this into a cottage industry... But mask are VITAL.

3)You're right. He's not a politician. He's a health professional. And that's what makes his conduct all the more sinister. You NEVER give intentionally bad advice to people about their health. You don't tell people masks don't work. You don't tell them they are goofy for using them. It's damn hard to unring that bell, as we have since learned.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    And so for this reason, it was necessary to play some ridiculous brand of GOTCHA on the public stage, rather than cooperate for the good of the country.

To attempt to ridicule every word, rather than find common purpose.

To embrace the 100% polar opposite of every single thing Trump says, no matter how dangerous that may be for the country.

That is what has happened since day one...

And that is why you will suffer the same defeat at the polls in 2020 that you suffered in 2016.

Not because anyone thinks that Trump is awesome... but because they find you insufferable...
    I caught that too.

And so for this reason, it was necessary to play some ridiculous brand of GOTCHA on the public stage, rather than cooperate for the good of the country.

To attempt to ridicule every word, rather than find common purpose.

To embrace the 100% polar opposite of every single thing Trump says, no matter how dangerous that may be for the country.

That is what has happened since day one...

And that is why you will suffer the same defeat at the polls in 2020 that you suffered in 2016.

Not because anyone thinks that Trump is awesome... but because they find you insufferable...
    Thanks for grouping me in with the insufferables. That is what I think of pig-headed stubborn groups on your side that cannot advocate for what is right but are mired in the past without any forward looking thinking. This is why Johnson had to be hammered into signing off on the Civil Rights Act. I am not concerned. Your boy is going to go down hard in November and you will not know what hit you. The R party was too stupid to pick someone other than an incompetent blowhard to run again. I may have actually voted Republican if they had selected someone other then Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    Thanks for grouping me in with the insufferables. That is what I think of pig-headed stubborn groups on your side that cannot advocate for what is right but are mired in the past without any forward looking thinking. This is why Johnson had to be hammered into signing off on the Civil Rights Act. I am not concerned. Your boy is going to go down hard in November and you will not know what hit you. The R party was too stupid to pick someone other than an incompetent blowhard to run again. I may have actually voted Republican if they had selected someone other then Trump.

For what it's worth, It was intended as the proverbial "you"... not the personal "you".

Almost edited it after I posted it.. but said "nah.. he won't personalize it".

Sorry if you did.

And to clarify once again, Trump is not "my boy".

I think he's kind of a goofy egomaniac.

But his positions are close enough to what I believe that I consider him serviceable.. and most importantly, he does what other republicans won't do.. which is to tell marxists and other undesirables to fuck off. Not much to go on.. but it's enough for now.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I’m not a medical expert and therefore I have no idea what the “right” solution is.

Based on what I know...

If I were calling the shots, I would encourage all businesses that are able to do so to make arrangements for long term remote working plans. Offices shouldn’t be the primary work location anymore and frankly, most businesses should be open to this anyway because it saves them $$$ for property and overhead costs.

I would encourage states to mandate masks in public where appropriate (ie, grocery stores).

I would encourage restaurants and bars to get creative with outdoor seating. I would also encourage towns and communities to have scheduled “dine in the street” opportunities for eateries where they partition off areas of town and allow restaurants to set up seating out in the street. Frederick (where I live) has been doing this every Friday and Saturday evening from 4-9 and it’s been really great.

I would encourage states to make liquor licenses a bit more relaxed since most places are going to have to have people eating/drinking outdoors.

I would encourage states to create law enforcement task forces for checking bars and restaurant accountability for occupation. Fines would be severe.

I would mandate that nursing homes and other vulnerable communities increase testing and quarantine capabilities and practices.

For people working remotely, I would offer tax breaks for internet costs and make it easier to write off a portion of your mortgage.

Again...I’m not an expert. Those are just some things I’d be looking into doing. However, the Federal government can only do so much. States need to get a grip on a lot of this and do what’s right for them.

Bottom line - Trump can only heed the advice of his experts, which by and large, he has done (Fauci even said as much back in April). If the expert’s advice is incorrect or proves to be ineffective, then what is the guy supposed to do? Change course and figure something else out.

I’ve said it before, but I don’t think there are any good solutions here that are going to make everyone happy. Not an easy situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You have a brain and used it to create a strategy.....
    Not a bad strategy either. Kudos to you.

Why Trump after 6 months still has NO strategy, is beyond me....
    Is it incompetence? Is it criminal?

Anyone could come up with a good strategy by looking to see what has worked best in other countries. It’s too late to follow many of their processes, as the virus is out and about BUT mandatory mask wearing; Social Distancing; AND no large indoor gatherings; are the best cheap things that could be done.

Again.... the administration still has no strategy.

Yeah... I agree. But the second paragraph was the important part.

Why not just say "yes.. masks help.. but we need to save them for Health Professionals... but we're Americans.. let's get out our sewing machines and show 'em how it's done"....

Could potentially have changed the early course of the epidemic for the better rather than the worst.
    Reports I saw in January, was that the Trump administration signed of on a sale of a large amount of PPE to China, to help them with the epidemic. This created a short term shortage in the US.

In hindsight, a poor decision. At the time, it looked like it was a way of getting some trade concessions from China. Trump can’t be blamed for this BUT it gives you an idea about why the PPE stocks were so low.

The big question is: why did Fauci lie to keep the PPE for medical people? Was he asked to or did he decide to on his own?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Reports I saw in January, was that the Trump administration signed of on a sale of a large amount of PPE to China, to help them with the epidemic. This created a short term shortage in the US.

In hindsight, a poor decision. At the time, it looked like it was a way of getting some trade concessions from China. Trump can’t be blamed for this BUT it gives you an idea about why the PPE stocks were so low.

The big question is: why did Fauci lie to keep the PPE for medical people? Was he asked to or did he decide to on his own?
    Lot of talk about how Fauci is not a good guy....

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Lot of talk about how Fauci is not a good guy....
    From all my posts about lack of strategy, you focus on Fauci lying about masks....

Do you have a strategy?
    The Trump administration after 6 months don’t have one yet. So anything you write will be better than theirs.

Blog Entries

From all my posts about lack of strategy, you focus on Fauci lying about masks....

Do you have a strategy?
    The Trump administration after 6 months don’t have one yet. So anything you write will be better than theirs.
    Relax. I was just answering your question about why would he lie.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Relax. I was just answering your question about why would he lie.
    So you don’t have a strategy either.... you are an independent thinker, so I had hoped you would have one.

I think WHEN the Whitehouse announces their strategy, it should be added to the timeline. It is far more important than something posted on a website or news report on CNFN.
    (I know it isn’t you managing the timeline).

Blog Entries

So you don’t have a strategy either.... you are an independent thinker, so I had hoped you would have one.

I think WHEN the Whitehouse announces their strategy, it should be added to the timeline. It is far more important than something posted on a website or news report on CNFN.
    (I know it isn’t you managing the timeline).
    Just ease up man. I’ve been up all day and am a little tired. I’ve talked about this before and don’t currently have the energy.

Blog Entries