Thread: Slam News

Blog Entries

Slam News

Everyone uses the word “slam” in their headlines.

It’s always this person “slams” that person or someone says something, gets slammed by someone else...

We really do have some weak ass bitches in society these days. Everyone has to act hard via text and in real life they cower in the corners.

/rant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Slam News

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Everyone uses the word “slam” in their headlines.

It’s always this person “slams” that person or someone says something, gets slammed by someone else...

We really do have some weak ass bitches in society these days. Everyone has to act hard via text and in real life they cower in the corners.

/rant

I stopped following a lot of news sites on Facebook awhile back cause of this. Every headline was “So and so SLAMS xxxxx”. It there was nothing but a convo. Most of the time it’s click bait.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I stopped following a lot of news sites on Facebook awhile back cause of this. Every headline was “So and so SLAMS xxxxx”. It there was nothing but a convo. Most of the time it’s click bait.
    It’s all clickbait.

Clicks = views. Views = $$$ for advertisers.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It’s all clickbait.

Clicks = views. Views = $$$ for advertisers.

The internet and competition for clicks is one of the dynamics that has destroyed journalism, particularly on the left since 90% of the news media is heavily liberal/democrat slanted and those voices are competing with each other.

Fact checking goes out the window in the desire to be first. Sensationalism gets you points over more sober reporting. I really hate titles like this. "GMs think Tom Brady will end up at this team next year".

You won't believe what these former Hollywood beauties look like now. Number 14 will SHOCK you!

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    You won't believe what these former Hollywood beauties look like now. Number 14 will SHOCK you!
    Lol, EXACTLY.

I swear even the "legitimate" news organizations put out headlines like that now. You see shades of that sort of thing in CNN, Washington Post etc..

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Lol, EXACTLY.

I swear even the "legitimate" news organizations put out headlines like that now. You see shades of that sort of thing in CNN, Washington Post etc..
    According to their housekeeper THIS star leaves little to the imagination.......