Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: STC Rossburg retires

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Wow! Had anyone heard any rumors about this happening? I never heard a thing. Big big loss for the Ravens
    He has kids in college heavy into athletics--including a son who will be a touted, senior hockey player at MSU--and wants to spend time seeing them play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    He has kids in college heavy into athletics--including a son who will be a touted, senior hockey player at MSU--and wants to spend time seeing them play.
    I don't blame him. Often though you hear about a coach contemplating retirement. If that happened with Rosseburg they kept it completely in house. I never saw a hint of this leaked anywhere

The REAL Special Teams Yo! He will be missed.

Shocker, only took a few posts before the conspiracy theorists with their "Harbs drives people away" narrative

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post

Shocker, only took a few posts before the conspiracy theorists with their "Harbs drives people away" narrative.
    Right I T T, I guess they disregard that coaches come-and-go from teams all the time/every year, but it's only Harbaugh that drives them away. SMH... Bc

This is a big loss. Wish him the best, and Horton the best in his new role. Big shoes to fill.

I never understood why Rosburg wasn't mentioned in HC vacancies every year. ST has been by far the most consistent element of the organization. ST coaches seem to get overlooked in general.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't blame him. Often though you hear about a coach contemplating retirement. If that happened with Rossburg they kept it completely in house. I never saw a hint of this leaked anywhere
    Factor in working 80 hour weeks and I don't blame him. He's probably been making $500K to $1MM a year, so I'm sure he can easily afford to do this. Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Right I T T, I guess they disregard that coaches come-and-go from teams all the time/every year, but it's only Harbaugh that drives them away. SMH... Bc
    Right!

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    We need that "Don't feed the troll" gif. Is that still around? Folks just need to remember that some posters are doing this on purpose, whether it be trolling, or hijacking every thread, no matter the subject, as an outlet for their theories.

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    This is a big loss. Wish him the best, and Horton the best in his new role. Big shoes to fill.

I never understood why Rosburg wasn't mentioned in HC vacancies every year. ST has been by far the most consistent element of the organization. ST coaches seem to get overlooked in general.
    I agree it's a big loss. But it really is starting to look like the coaching staff has implemented a solid organizational structure as far as grooming young coaches and promoting from within. At least on D and ST anyway. Whether those coaches can be successful remains to be seen, but at least there seems to be some structure.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post

Shocker, only took a few posts before the conspiracy theorists with their "Harbs drives people away" narrative

Spanky Johnson that guy was something else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    We need that "Don't feed the troll" gif. Is that still around? Folks just need to remember that some posters are doing this on purpose, whether it be trolling, or hijacking every thread, no matter the subject, as an outlet for their theories.

... Bc

Why make the decision now instead of at the end of the 2018 season?