Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Irsay Still Sucks!

BTW, Matte needed a back up after Unitas and Quozzo went down so Shula brought in an old vet named Ed Brown. Player coach Gino Marchetti recommended him because he played with him at the U of San Francisco.

Brown played his last year as a starter, throwing for 1,990 yards for the mediocre Steelers. He played one more season as a backup, was waived and picked up by Baltimore late in the season.

Brown played in the season finale behind running back Tom Matte who was filling in at quarterback after injuries to both Johnny Unitas and Gary Cuozzo. Brown completed 3 of 5 passes, including an 81-yard touchdown.

He was ineligible under existing rules to play in the Colts playoff loss to eventual champion Green Bay. Brown retired after the 1965 season. Brown also punted for the Steelers, starting each year except his last. Brown finished with 949 completions, 1,987 attempts, 15,600 yards, 102 touchdown passes, and 138 interceptions. He rushed for 960 yards and 14 touchdowns during his career. Brown also finished with 498 punts and a 40.5 yard average per punt. At the end of 2006, Brown ranked 137 on the all-time

Blog Entries

Those memories are why we can't let it go and will never forgive or forget. Jimmy boy could have eased a lot of pain by returning the name, colors and history just like Art did for Cleveland but he refused. They should be the Baltimore Colts, not Ravens.

The guys who weren't there just can't understand any of that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Those memories are why we can't let it go and will never forgive or forget. Jimmy boy could have eased a lot of pain by returning the name, colors and history just like Art did for Cleveland but he refused. They should be the Baltimore Colts, not Ravens.

The guys who weren't there just can't understand any of that.
    :word

It's like that first fling when you were so crazy about one another the rest of the universe seemed like just a stage set for your story, until it ended in bitterness. It's been over for over half your life, you have a wonderful spouse & together you've made your own precious memories--

--but one day you see that first flame, over half a lifetime older but still in some ways the same, and the feeling runs through you like a heated needle. And every time you see one another again it adds another molten stitch of what was & what might have been--

That's how it feels to this auld phart every time I see the blue & white jerseys & horseshoe on the helmet. I cherish the purple & black dearly but you never forget first love...

(NB: Somewhere around the Fourth Circle of Dante's Inferno, in the Baltimore Colts Annex, there is a row of 3 cannibal-size cauldrons filled with oil boiling over raging fires. In the first is one Robert Irsay. In the second is one Jack Kent Cooke, former Deadskins owner who conspired to keep an expansion franchise out of Baltimore because he coveted it for his own. The last is empty awaiting the soul (if you can call it that) of his main co-conspirator--the sign says RESERVED--TAGLIABUE.)

Blog Entries

Does anyone feel anything for the reactivated browns who only had 2 winning seasons?

It must be bad for them to lose essentially the FO and then get beat down twice annually by the ravens and watch us win 2 SBs in at time. Ouch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    What? Bad analogy.

I wasn't married to the guy. I wasn't even fuckin the guy. I just wish i'd had the chance to fuck the guy up lol!
    There goes my coffee! Now that was funny!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by londonraven View Post
    Does anyone feel anything for the reactivated browns who only had 2 winning seasons?

It must be bad for them to lose essentially the FO and then get beat down twice annually by the ravens and watch us win 2 SBs in at time. Ouch.
    It makes me appreciate the great ownership the Ravens have had even more.

Blog Entries

I've posted this before and I'll post it again realizing everyone grieves differently. But I never remember the day my father and brother died. I never even remember their birthdays. I remember them, love them, and I miss them. But the practice of putting a date to mourn in my opinion, or be angry on those days is not what they would have wanted. They would have wanted me to go on, live a happy productive life, and that is what I strive to do.

Former Colts fans that call themselves Raven's fans truly haven't gotten over the loss and and anger, thus, how can you truly be a real Raven fan and have believed to have celebrated every touchdown, every big play, every legendary moment, and two Super Bowls? You haven't. You are cheating yourself by not embracing the happiness and joy we have in not only having a football team, but a great team as well. Hate will only consume you. Let go and then you yourself can be free.

Go Ravens!

Blog Entries

Yea, I feel bad for the Browns and like a hypocrite and 2-bit whore but Tags made us do it. Had he done the right thing and put expansion teams in St Louis and Bmore, the two cities that lost teams, the original Browns would still be in Cleveland and the Rams would still be in LA. It's embarrassing that the NFL has no team in the 2d largest market in the country while baseball has two - The Dodgers and Angels.

In fact, a lot of old Colts fans refused to embrace the Ravens because they were so embarrassed that we stole them but I wasn't one of those guys. I wanted a team - period and as I posted many times I used to spend $10,000 pr yr following the Ravens around the country with Mista T and 100 other Raven Maniacs. We've been to almost every stadium in the country and T just celebrated the SB 47 victory in NO partying with those maniacs after just getting out of a long hospital stay and being ill. Now that's an old Colts fan who loves the Ravens even more than the young guys. He finally got to go to a Super Bowl. We celebrate all the trophies the Ravens have and all the ones the Colts got. We have more trophies from two franchises than St Louis or anyone else.

I just wonder how many SBs and how much money Captain Silver has spent following the Ravens around the country and I wonder if he has been to every World Series game played in this town like I have going back to their original series in 66.

We tried to do it right and were screwed in a rigged expansion derby so we had to blast our way in and that has kept Tags out of the HOF - that and putting teams in Charlotte and Jacksonville with all those empty seats while the old cities that lost teams now fill their stadiums up.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-29-2013 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by londonraven View Post

When the year comes that the Browns are in the playoffs and the Ravens are out, I will root for the Browns to win the whole thing. A lot of my bitterness towards the Indy Colts faded when we won the Super Bowl. I think it faded even more with the second one. The fans in Cleveland are really good football fans. I think I would be bitter too if I had to root for that crap franchise year in and year out. If they had a little something to look forward to in the present or future, they probably would let go some of their grudges about the past.

Blog Entries

We just beat them in the playoffs and went on to win the SB. Demon exorcised in my book

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Thanks for the post, Dan. Fuck Bourbon Bob, his druggie son, and Mayor Hudnut.

And, Houston Raven, why should I give it up? Has the NFL retired the Baltimore Colts records ? Everytime I hear something like Dufus Manning just broke another Unitas record, I want to vomit.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Irsays stole 12 years of football from me. I am supposed to just forget about that? Screw him. Jimmy could have done the right thing but put a $25 million price tag on our heritage. Screw him too.

Although I don't have the intense dislike from them that I once did, seeing them lose is always a treat. Beating them in the playoffs was very sweet.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012