Page 57 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5556575859 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens sign Le'Veon Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    It is all speculation. No one knows, but the situation is perplexing.

But remember the Ravens were over a barrel. Just before the first game their second and third RBs go down with injury and they needed someone NOW! Someone who could play. Freeman was through camp and was in shape. Bell was a street FA and while in shape, he wasn't in NFL shape and hadn't been practicing with anyone for the past month unlike the other guys. Bell couldn't play in the first game. Denver may have been the absolute first time he was in NFL shape. He's STILL learning the Ravens offense.

I think they did the best they could and maybe some sly agent got his client an extra roster bonus with a handshake deal. Wouldn't be the strangest thing and he's doing the best he can for his client. Ravens would have had little choice.

Now 5 weeks later
    Murray looks like Murray
    Bell is in shape
    Ty'Son had something go sideways
    Freeman looks like Freeman

Likely the best three backs are Murray, Bell then Williams/Freeman

Remember the Ravens are on their 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th string RBs this year. That's crazy! Only one of them was in training camp with the Ravens and he is the one having problems.

It is a miracle that the Ravens have been able to string the running game along with all the injuries to the top RBs plus all the injuries along the offensive line. If you really think about it, it is incredible what they are doing.
    Good points. What I find even more amazing is that this offense was worst in the nfl in passing last year and is now in the top 10. I, and many others thought that once Gus and JK went down, this run-first offense would struggle. Yet they are getting it done in style through the air. Just an amazing season full of surprises...

Bell being back up isn't necessarily an indication that they think he's some sort of answer... but I think they realize Ty'Son is not in his current state. He might get one more opportunity or else he might get the axe. Sitting him down for a week didn't help so not sure there is an answer if he can't get out of his own head.

Tyson was running fine and was super explosive until he got benched by the coach lol

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    It is all speculation. No one knows, but the situation is perplexing.

But remember the Ravens were over a barrel. Just before the first game their second and third RBs go down with injury and they needed someone NOW! Someone who could play. Freeman was through camp and was in shape. Bell was a street FA and while in shape, he wasn't in NFL shape and hadn't been practicing with anyone for the past month unlike the other guys. Bell couldn't play in the first game. Denver may have been the absolute first time he was in NFL shape. He's STILL learning the Ravens offense.

I think they did the best they could and maybe some sly agent got his client an extra roster bonus with a handshake deal. Wouldn't be the strangest thing and he's doing the best he can for his client. Ravens would have had little choice.

Now 5 weeks later
    Murray looks like Murray
    Bell is in shape
    Ty'Son had something go sideways
    Freeman looks like Freeman

Likely the best three backs are Murray, Bell then Williams/Freeman

Remember the Ravens are on their 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th string RBs this year. That's crazy! Only one of them was in training camp with the Ravens and he is the one having problems.

It is a miracle that the Ravens have been able to string the running game along with all the injuries to the top RBs plus all the injuries along the offensive line. If you really think about it, it is incredible what they are doing.
    It's keyed off Lamar, and due to the combination of his being a little hobbled, and opponents selling out vs the run, that's why the team struggled to tie and failed to break the 100-yard games record.

The run game is definitely not what it was a year ago. The offensive line isn't particularly helping in run blocking either - but they are holding up in pass blocking.

I really don't think it matters much which RB is in there, just play to their respective strengths. Murray is definitely best going N-S. Bell is the best pass blocker. Looks like Freeman is doing pretty well catching the ball. Williams I guess would be the best option running E-W. They're all very close to each other.

Agree that Ty'Son has been a disappointment but I'd still much, much rather be promoting McCrary at this point.

Ravens sign Le'Veon Bell

I really hope Murray gets 7 carries and Williams and bell get at least as much to see where they are at. I’m hoping that after this game bell and Williams and lead backs. We need more explosion and also threat to catch out of the backfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

There’s not much difference in these backs and it’s a long season. Just simple rotation

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Tyson was running fine and was super explosive until he got benched by the coach lol
    I like Ty'Son as much as anyone but the Detroit game suggests otherwise

You left out the part where he was putting the ball on the ground. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    There’s not much difference in these backs and it’s a long season. Just simple rotation
    PFF for one agrees

62.4 Williams - 49/62 qualifying HB
    62.2 Murray - 50/62 qualifying HB
    62.2 Freeman - not enough snaps to rank
    61.8 Bell - not enough snaps to rank

Remarkably similar. Though it's worth noting for them that the default score without data is 60 (the average score).

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    I think Freeman showed his value on Monday night. He was critical to our success on those last two (?) drives IIRC. He didn't just catch the ball but he was also getting some important yac/first downs.

As a side note, damn I love seeing Lamar throw checkdowns these days. Glad he's added that to ol' repertoire.
    Agreed, he could have had the endzone on the play but got overly aggressive on the handoff/keeper and tried to dictate over LJ

You ain’t been watching then. Was good the first half of week 1 and hasn’t been the same since. Get preseason out of your mind because thats not the dude we’ve seen in the regular season.