Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What They Are Saying About the Ravens- Super Bowl Edition

If I were a Deadskins fan, I'd be more worried about how my coach ruined their franchise QB.

Yesterday on Moving the Chains Tim Ryan said that if the 49ers' passrush doesn't improve Flacco is going to carve them up.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

man the whole country is sick right now except Baltimore and I love it!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    man the whole country is sick right now except Baltimore and I love it!!
    You and me both bro! I love how all the d-bags on TV are salty as hell. Love it

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    It's all the same B.S.: Smack about the fans being "whiny", claiming that Baltimore is an inferior city and/or has an inferiority complex...
    It's funny. While I am sure there is still a lot of angst towards the Redskins, Jack Kent Cooke, etc...it seems as if in the last few years, there has been much more vitriol directed at the Ravens from the Redskins fans than vice versa.

From the multi-page threads on their message board, to Dan Steinberg's multi-posts about Ravens fans on the DC Sports Bog...it just seems like they are the one with the chip (or the bigger chip) on their should these days...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    It's funny. While I am sure there is still a lot of angst towards the Redskins, Jack Kent Cooke, etc...it seems as if in the last few years, there has been much more vitriol directed at the Ravens from the Redskins fans than vice versa.

From the multi-page threads on their message board, to Dan Steinberg's multi-posts about Ravens fans on the DC Sports Bog...it just seems like they are the one with the chip (or the bigger chip) on their should these days...
    Must be tough seeing their neighbor up the road go to the postseason year after year after year. But it's okay--they've got "history."

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    Predictably, Redskins fans are whining and moaning about the Ravens for the most part.
    To adapt a quote from Ayn Rands The Fountainhead

Redskins Fan: "Tell me Mr. Ravens fan, what do you really think of the Redskins? What do you really want to say to me?"
    Ravens Fan: "That I don't think of you"

Bleacher Report
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...per-bowl-xlvii

This dude is actually picking us to win but this line stuck out like a sore thumb:

Joe Flacco, for most plays of most games, is a below-average quarterback.
    Uhh...what? A lot of people still call Joe an average QB but I didn't think anyone felt he was below average most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    Bleacher Report
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...per-bowl-xlvii

This dude is actually picking us to win but this line stuck out like a sore thumb:

Uhh...what? A lot of people still call Joe an average QB but I didn't think anyone felt he was below average most of the time.
    The Bleacher Report is a collection of blogs, from any idiot who wants to contribute, or at least that's how they started. That site has zero credibility to me.
    Facebook -> Craig.Ciurca
    Twitter -> @papa_ciurca
    Instagram -> @papa_ciurca

LA Times guys praises the 'Weird, Wild' Ravens

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jan...nship-20130121

"Ray Rice jumped and shouted, "Where's the trophy, where's the trophy? Is it metal or plastic? Where is it?"
    Terrell Suggs finished the parade by pointing down the hall to where the Patriots were trudging inside and hollered, "Tell them to have fun in the Pro Bowl. . . . Arrogant bleeps!"
    Just before reaching their locker-room door, the Ravens passed their No. 1 fan, swimmer Michael Phelps, who was proudly pulling up his shirt and shoving down his jeans and showing everyone his purple underwear.
    "This is the most incredible thing I've ever seen," said a man with 18 Olympic gold medals.
    Memo to those darling San Francisco 49ers: Are you ready for this?"
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    At first glance, I thought that was a slap at Flacco, too. But on re-reading it, I think he is saying that Flacco is "below average" in terms of the QB stats he listed: Comp. %, net yards per attempt, QBR. Which you can't dispute.

What you can dispute is his analysis. He seems to put the majority of the blame for stalled drives, and missed short passes on Flacco. I would argue that while Flacco can be inconsistent at times, the system Flacco was running most of this year was not the best designed for him or the Ravens offense to maintain long drives (see Greg Cossell's analysis).

I think he also is flawed when he commends Kaepernick for his 2 big game performances in the playoffs, but nary a mention of Flacco's out-playing and defeating Brady and Manning on the road.

He does commend Flacco for not turning the ball over and hitting the big plays that bust the games open...which is what Flacco did in Denver, but again, that ignores Flacco's MO during the New England game, which was short to intermediate passes over the middle.

I would say his analysis is incomplete and faulty...or very selective, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    So far,

PTI: Michael Wilbon has certainly given respect to Joe Flacco. He admitted that he has been very critical of Joe Flacco in the past, but that Joe Flacco said he was Elite and that, while he won't call Flacco elite, he's has stepped up big time.

Around the Horn: Very complimentary about the Ravens as a whole. Unanimous that they didn't like the high spikes from Brady.

Mike and Mike in the Morning: High praise for Flacco from Greenberg and Golic. Chris Carter and Tim Hasslebeck continued to be the assholes they've painted themselves to be. Hasslebeck, in particular, screams jealousy and denial, not wanting to admit that he was wrong.

Kurt Warner: Won't necessarily go into whether or not Joe is elite, but said that Joe will be paid and has earned every penny.
    When I heard Tim Hasslebeck speak on Joe and continue to downplay his performance and fail to acknowledge his consistent performance since our OC change - I was ready to smack the shit out of him.

I could not be a sports analyst, some of these analysts are just down-right re fucking tarded and closed minded.