Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: BBQ, Grilling, and Smoking

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Anyone have experience using an electrical smoker? Pro vs cons?

Yes, this is the one I have. It works great in my opinion. I have cooked Ribs, wings, Chicken, Corn, Brisket in mine. Cooked a Brisket for like 10 hrs one time and it was still not long enough had to throw it on the grill. Brisket takes alot of time and effort but its damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    Damn, I think I put on 10 pounds just reading that. Sounds delicious.

I've debated getting one of those electric pellet smokers, like a Traeger. A friend swears by his Big Green Egg, but those things are damn expensive. I like the flexibility of the offset because I can also use it to just grill stuff like burgers. For smoking it is a little more difficult because of how you have to adjust to maintain temperature, but honestly I kinda enjoy that aspect of it.

I also debated getting a Pit Barrel Cooker. Those look pretty cool.
    I was reading my Ace Hardware flyer yesterday, just ridiculous on the prices of those green eggs and some other grills. Never in a million years would I pay $1300-$2000 for a damn grill. I have owned many different brands over the years, one of the longest lasting ones I had was a Nexgrill which is thought to be somewhat generic brand. It has a Rotiserie on it. Best chicken I ever cooked was on that thing.

I know the green eggs are supposed to be awesome but there are so many other things I could drop $1000 on I would just never do it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Anyone have experience using an electrical smoker? Pro vs cons?

I have a friend who has one. He loves it because of the consistent temperature you can keep it and cook over night without worrying about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Yes, this is the one I have. It works great in my opinion. I have cooked Ribs, wings, Chicken, Corn, Brisket in mine. Cooked a Brisket for like 10 hrs one time and it was still not long enough had to throw it on the grill. Brisket takes alot of time and effort but its damn good.
    Well worth the effort

I was reading my Ace Hardware flyer yesterday, just ridiculous on the prices of those green eggs and some other grills. Never in a million years would I pay $1300-$2000 for a damn grill. I have owned many different brands over the years, one of the longest lasting ones I had was a Nexgrill which is thought to be somewhat generic brand. It has a Rotiserie on it. Best chicken I ever cooked was on that thing.

I know the green eggs are supposed to be awesome but there are so many other things I could drop $1000 on I would just never do it
    Costco normally has knock off green eggs for half that I think. As well as the nexgrills.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Costco normally has knock off green eggs for half that I think. As well as the nexgrills.

Costco was where I got mine from. That grill lasted me a while. A good 6-8 years.

These garbage Kenmores are lasting 2-3 years.

I once made a grill out of a stainless steel heineken beer keg. Put legs on it, handle, hinges etc... That thing would cook and clean up like new every time. I think my shit head operations manager stole it when we left it at my building one weekend. We used to take it tailgating to Ravens games, no one ever messed with it, I left it locked in my warehouse of a previous job and the damn thing went missing. I was so pissed.

Nothing beats the versatility of the classic Weber kettle. There's a reason the overall design hasn't changed in... well, ever. I had to replace the cooking grate for mine this weekend because it finally rusted enough that I didn't want to deal with cleaning it again. Other than that, I haven't changed anything on it, and it's an 11 year old grill. I might replace the wheels in the next year or two. I will always have one, that's for sure.

I've also got an electric smoker that a friend gave me, but it currently doesn't work (hence getting it for free). He's had a repeated problem with the electrical leads to the heating element corroding. Part of his issue may have been from using an electric smoker placed just outside of his garage in the rain. I should be able to replace the wires and have it up and running again, I just need to find the time to actually do it. If I can get it working, it will take up a permanent residence on my covered patio. Maybe I'll even move it into the shed for the winter, now that I've got all the kids' bikes off the floor.

8. Re: BBQ, Grilling, and Smoking

Attachment 4993 My brick oven....built it myself. Use it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Why do infrequently?

Because I don't have a smoker. Our church does BeastFeast every year so I have access to two huge smokers.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Nice work!

11. Re: BBQ, Grilling, and Smoking

Nice work!
    Thank you. It was quite a project, but well worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    wow thats amazing.
    what kind of food besides pizza do you use it for?