Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco waived by Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Joe is done, the same warts in his game, lack of situational awareness, poor pocket presence, consistently late with his read and release, staring down primary reads, etc. etc. are only highlited since he lost a little on the fastball.

Joe parlayed his four game run into a big ridiculous lottery ticket.

In retrospect the Ravens should have left Joe test the waters but after Dilfer/Grbac they may have been a little gun shy.

Glad it's over and laughs at the idea of an 'angry Flacco' suiting up for.the opposition. Come on...
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Joe parlayed his four game run into a big ridiculous lottery ticket.

In retrospect the Ravens should have left Joe test the waters but after Dilfer/Grbac they may have been a little gun shy.
    It’s hard to compare the two since they were in two totally different situations. Dilfer - who I like as a decent guy - was not the reason the Ravens won the Super Bowl. I didn’t agree with them letting him go, but I could also agree that there was room to improve tremendously by signing another QB. I was against it because I felt it would ruin the chemistry and psyche of the team. But once Jamal got hurt in training camp, along with Searcy never suiting up, that team was essentially doomed, unless they could have pulled off a historical defense in back to back years. Wasn’t meant to be.

Joe Flacco on the other hand had proved he had what it takes to lead a team in the playoffs, especially in the last 2 years (2011 and 2012). Should have been in back to back Super Bowls. There was no way they were not going to pay him a huge salary - his contract was up and he had just won the Super Bowl MVP. I know he wasn’t the same after his injury in 2015, but the first half of Joe’s career showed promise to a team and fan base that had become accustomed to a turnstile at QB.

It’s easy to say now they overpaid, but the way his contract was set up, they still had a couple of years to build up the team and they didn’t - especially not on offense. No true weapons for Joe on the offensive side. Letting Boldin go. The Ray Rice bombshell. It didn’t play out the way anyone hoped, but the bashing of Joe as if he was somehow lucky or it was a fluke for the 2012 playoff run is just ridiculous. You don’t have to be a fan - I get it. But at least show some respect for what he did in the first part of his career with the Ravens. Looking forward to welcoming him back when he retires and is inducted in the Ravens ROH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

Tannehill pretty much did the same thing. He turned a really good short run of games into a huge contract. Jimmy G. did in not too long ago as well. Teams will pay QBs who get on a hot streak.

Quote Originally Posted by mdduckman View Post
    I But at least show some respect for what he did in the first part of his career with the Ravens. Looking forward to welcoming him back when he retires and is inducted in the Ravens ROH.
    We've always had a nasty "fan" element in Baltimore that Booed Unitas and cheered Boller's injury. There's been some Joe-hating here, as most fans are focused on enjoying the regular season success of the past one + 1/2 seasons rather than continuing to bitch.

Joe remains one of Baltimore's all-time best, to be mentioned in the same breath as John Unitas and Bert Jones. His playoff performance record is among the best ever, nearing the levels of Brady and Montana. I sure hope that on the day that Joe has his ROH induction ceremony, those nasty fans show him the respect that he earned by his phenomenal playoff performance for the Ravens.

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

It’s hard to compare the two since they were in two totally different situations. Dilfer - who I like as a decent guy - was not the reason the Ravens won the Super Bowl. I didn’t agree with them letting him go, but I could also agree that there was room to improve tremendously by signing another QB. I was against it because I felt it would ruin the chemistry and psyche of the team. But once Jamal got hurt in training camp, along with Searcy never suiting up, that team was essentially doomed, unless they could have pulled off a historical defense in back to back years. Wasn’t meant to be.
    True, my point still stands that perhaps the Front office was a little gun shy because of that experience.

Joe Flacco on the other hand had proved he had what it takes to lead a team in the playoffs, especially in the last 2 years (2011 and 2012). Should have been in back to back Super Bowls. There was no way they were not going to pay him a huge salary - his contract was up and he had just won the Super Bowl MVP. I know he wasn’t the same after his injury in 2015, but the first half of Joe’s career showed promise to a team and fan base that had become accustomed to a turnstile at QB.
    Joe no doubt raised his game during the playoffs but he was just a cog in the wheel. After years of horrid quarterback play he's steadying mediocrity during the regular season was refreshing.

It’s easy to say now they overpaid, but the way his contract was set up, they still had a couple of years to build up the team and they didn’t - especially not on offense. No true weapons for Joe on the offensive side. Letting Boldin go. The Ray Rice bombshell. It didn’t play out the way anyone hoped, but the bashing of Joe as if he was somehow lucky or it was a fluke for the 2012 playoff run is just ridiculous. You don’t have to be a fan - I get it. But at least show some respect for what he did in the first part of his career with the Ravens. Looking forward to welcoming him back when he retires and is inducted in the Ravens ROH.
    It's easy to say they overpaid now and at the timethe deal was signed and when the Ravens F.O. doubled down on the mistake although I admit they painted themselves into a corner..... Many in the fan base have been saying it for years. Once he became the highest paid player on the Ravens and the NFL he opened himself up for criticism if his play and dedication to the team didn't correspond to what the Ravens invested in him, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER POSITION player.

For some reason that I never understood the QB is the only player on the team that is above criticism when it comes to some fans. The guy was paid like a great player but he never was one.

True, my point still stands that perhaps the Front office was a little gun shy because of that experience.

Joe no doubt raised his game during the playoffs but he was just a cog in the wheel. After years of horrid quarterback play he's steadying mediocrity during the regular season was refreshing.

It's easy to say they overpaid now and at the timethe deal was signed and when the Ravens F.O. doubled down on the mistake although I admit they painted themselves into a corner..... Many in the fan base have been saying it for years. Once he became the highest paid player on the Ravens and the NFL he opened himself up for criticism if his play and dedication to the team didn't correspond to what the Ravens invested in him, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER POSITION player.

For some reason that I never understood the QB is the only player on the team that is above criticism when it comes to some fans. The guy was paid like a great player but he never was one.
    Joe's contract was a steal the first few years, it'd not his fault the Ravens structure was horrible, and no franchise would have let their superbowl mvp who had the greatest playoff run in history walk out to play for division rivals in the Bengals.

Joe fell off but the Ravens have no one to blame but themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Joe's contract was a steal the first few years, it'd not his fault the Ravens structure was horrible, and no franchise would have let their superbowl mvp who had the greatest playoff run in history walk out to play for division rivals in the Bengals.

Joe fell off but the Ravens have no one to blame but themselves.
    Such a steal for our salary cap where they had to choose between letting go Boldin or improving the defense after Ray and Ed left. You can tell the team needed a losing rebuild season because they were trying to dampen expectations for next season. Always thought they should have blown the entire team up if they were going to trade Boldin. Better than being stuck with a contract where they couldn't get out of without restructuring every few seasons.

Blog Entries

Does anyone remember what Joe's cap number was during that 2013 season (Rhetorical Question)?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Ravens mistake was letting his contract completely run out instead of signing him to an extension before the season started.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Ravens mistake was letting his contract completely run out instead of signing him to an extension before the season started.
    They tried. There was an offer on the table but Joe turned it down. From what I remember the counter offer from the Flacco camp was about about $1 million more a season. Walking away for $1 million was the real mistake the team made. That's why everyone always says that Joe bet on himself and won. Joe Flacco had a number in mind and wasn't going take less. Obviously that number changed after the Super Bowl

Blog Entries

That’s how it happened. They haggled over a million extra per year. Bisciotti called Joe to try and convince him that they were offering him a good deal. Joe respectfully stuck to his guns. Bisciotti said that if he led them to the Super Bowl, he could name his price. Joe threw 11 touchdowns, won Super Bowl MVP and named his price.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Tannehill pretty much did the same thing. He turned a really good short run of games into a huge contract. Jimmy G. did in not too long ago as well. Teams will pay QBs who get on a hot streak.
    Except Tannehill has always been the better QB. He's just been injured. My 2nd team is the Bills so I see a ton of dolphin games if you watched him there was nothing wrong with really any aspect of his game despite being given crap to work with at WR when he was in Miami.

Even his deepball which is not his best strength has been much better then people realize because he puts touch on it. He actually is perfect for todays modern protypical starting QB. He's accurate on the short to medium throws and can sustain drives and if you think this year is a "fluke" I don't know what to tell you but watch him moving forward and if he stays healthy he is going to have a fine rest of his career.