Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Duck Gino

Blog Entries

Re: Duck Gino

Haven't re watched the game yet, and haven't checked PFF, and yet to see filmstudy's notes. But it seemed like Gino held his own quite well last night. There was very little pressure up the middle.

Blog Entries

Um, watch the game before posting.

There was no blitz up the middle. Guy in front of him moved around him and didn't bull rush him. Three games in a row now.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-29-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    There was no blitz up the middle. Guy in front of him moved to the gap and didn't bull rush him. Three games in a row now.
    You opened up the thread saying this....

Here comes the blitz. Squeelers are a big blitzing team with multiple packages to begin with but when then saw this stat you just know they'll be blitzing even more.
    Whether they blitzed or not, there were no sacks given up the middle, and the pass protection was pretty damn good.

Blog Entries

Again, watch the game. Joe had a good quick release last night.

As others noted, that's their game - blitzing. They didn't do it last night. Third game in a row as I posted, and that bad o-line you mentioned came within a dropped conversion point and a botched FG of winning it.

Also our line wasn't much better with bad starts. Oher sucked as usual and won't be back next year and in case you didn't notice there was no running game. Rice had about 30 yards, same as Pierce so the line didn't open any holes.

Neither did Gino who was pushed back a couple of times despite no blitz up the middle. Not too many runs up the middle over him.

I know it's tough over there across the pond, but watch the game first.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-29-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    As others noted, that's there game. They didn't do it last night. Third game in a row as I posted, and that bad o-line you mentioned came within a dropped conversion point and a botched FG of winning it.

Also our line had bad starts. Oher sucked as usual and won't be back next year and in case you didn't notice there was no running game. Rice had about 30 yards, same as Pierce so the line didn't open any holes.

Neither did Gino who was pushed back a couple of times despite no blitz up the middle.
    Michael Oher sucked, no arguments there, but my point was aimed at this thread that you started, you basically said that Gino would lose us the game, which has proven to be FAR from the truth. If you want to start a Michael Oher thread about how bad he sucked, go ahead, I'll agree with you on that one.

Btw, barely any of our previous Olines (even with Matt Birk or Jason Brown at C) could open up any lanes against Pittsburgh.

Blog Entries

I opened the thread saying this:

Here comes the blitz. Squeelers are a big blitzing team with multiple packages to begin with but when then saw this stat you just know they'll be blitzing even more.

If they bull rushed him over the middle and for some reason they were the 3rd team in a row that didn't do it.
    It's easer if you're not bull rushed and Gino was still beaten and his man got to the
    backfield.

Mike Preston said the line was horrendous and still not dominant in run blocking and thus no running game and
    Joe's quick release helped to negate Gino when he was pushed back into him.

There was no running game and that bad o-line you mentioned almost beat us.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-29-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Blog Entries

I tell you what is REALLY worrying me is Detroit vs Gino. I don't think Gino will be matched up on Suh, but if they stunt him over to Gino...goodnight.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Great point Scally. Some just don't know what they're watching. Even Mikie Prestone
    gave the o-line a C while someone here says they done good but again, the last 3 teams didn't blitz and bull Gino and he was still pushed back a few times. Jets and Piss lost and Chicago should have lost abeit Joe's INT and some bad decisions by Little JOhnny.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-29-2013 at 07:19 PM.