Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: This is What Happens When an Active Shooter Call Is Not a Hoax

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    How do you get your hands on something like that?
    You dont. Weapons like that have been banned for years. So, either he had them illegally for quite some time, or he bought them illegally.

It is possible that he bought them and then modified them, but that is also illegal IIRC.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The FBI is say no connection to any group

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Not being a smart ass, but I do know some folks that legitimately use them for hunting.
    You know more about guns that I do so I will take your word for it. I don't see the point of using anything like that for hunting. That's like the guys who throw dynamite in a lake and call it fishing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You know more about guns that I do so I will take your word for it. I don't see the point of using anything like that for hunting. That's like the guys who throw dynamite in a lake and call it fishing.
    I could see why you'd feel that way. I don't own anything like that, but I am also in Maryland...so it is extremely difficult to get something like that.

I equate it (loosely) to cars. I can buy a super car in the US and it will go 200mph...but where can I drive it that fast in the US without risk of getting arrested or in a life-altering (or taking) accident? I dont need a super car, but if I had the means to own one, I'd certainly consider it.

Blog Entries

I've used mine for hunting, but I prefer my bolt action rifle. It really just comes down to being a fun gun in my opinion, you can shoot up a bunch of stuff and not reload as often. Unless an apocalypse breaks out it really doesn't serve a purpose besides having one. If you need 30 rounds to make a shot hunting you might want to reconsider, plus no animal is going to stick around for that.
    I'm no gun control guy, I have plenty of guns and to be honest If I could take it back and get full value I'd probably get rid of my DDM4 ($1600 for it to sit in my $200 Pelican case). Just solidifies wicked's point. I have an assault rifle because I can and I'd likely never use it unless presented in some sort of shootout (which is highly unlikely).
    Last edited by Sua Sponte; 10-02-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Blog Entries

At the end of the day they're semi-automatic weapon. Just like a handgun.

Here is some info if you'd like to understand them better.

http://www.assaultweapon.info/

One note, after it explains the difference it gets political, I didn't post it for that.
    Last edited by NCRAVEN; 10-02-2017 at 01:07 PM.

You dont. Weapons like that have been banned for years. So, either he had them illegally for quite some time, or he bought them illegally.

It is possible that he bought them and then modified them, but that is also illegal IIRC.
    If that ends up being the case, then its not really a gun control issue, I suppose.

Blog Entries

Then there is this twat using another tragedy to push herself back into the spotlight:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/02/politi...ill/index.html

Blog Entries

Then there is this twat using another tragedy to push herself back into the spotlight:

Imagine if they had a "silencer". What a moron, the level of ignorance with that statement is astounding.

I have an AR-15 that I use for deer hunting. I carry 5 round magazines. Honestly, give me my Granddad's 1960's vintage Remington 742 Woodsmaster with a lot of magazines, and I could create a helluva lot of carnage. Maybe not to the tune of 50+/400+, but it's still capable of wreaking havoc.

At the end of the day, we have a people problem. People focus too much on the tool. Also, as has been said, it sounds like he was full-auto, which are already banned with the exception of those who get a permit, and to get a permit is extremely tough and expensive. The background checks those folks go through is pretty intense.

I'm waiting to see when they release what he was using. It might end up being a bump stock, which basically turns a semi-auto into and auto and is mostly legal. IMO they shouldn't be. I dunno, we'll see.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

She sooooo needs to stfu. While I'm sure that the vast majority of Americans believe that sound suppressors work in real-life as they are depicted in a Bruckheimer flick, people like her should know better, and know that knowledgeable people will continue to expose and mock her...lack of...depth.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

As usual I'll be in the minority as an Independent for supporting gun control, and not supporting Trump or liking him that much.

Limiting firearms like what was used to foster peace and love.