Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Operation Boomerang is underway

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I think you have the Trump investigation mixed up with the Hildabeast investigation.
    Is "Hildabeast" Secretary Clinton?

There are similarities between the lies Republicans are trying to spin about the origins of the Trump investigation, and the truths about the Benghazi and Whitewater investigations.

Now go get your TDS vaccination shot, turn off CNN and get some help.
    What's "TDS"?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    When you try to oust a duly elected political leader...let alone the POTUS...that’s called a coup. Anyone who participated in the coup is a traitor.

Disagree? Do tell...
    Which coup was this? Was there a putsch I missed? Did AOC storm the White House carrying a pitchfork? Did ol' Nan unstrap her AK and start laying everybody down? Did Mad Dog Mattison whip out his K-Bar and carve up the Natl Security Council?

I thought all that happened was a duly appointed special counsel conducted a legal investigation, and the attorney general said it "fully exonerates" the president. Jesus. If that was an attempted coup, what do you think Watergate was?

Based on the new definition of obstruction...isn’t this obstruction?

James Comey:

Cue the outrage...
    Link for the out-of-context Comey quote?

What whattayamean "new" definition of obstruction? What's new?

If Mueller had found anything to charge Trump with, it was his responsibility to charge him, and believe me, he would have
    "It was Mueller's responsibility to violate longstanding DOJ policy and on his own authority indict a sitting president." Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrre.

Violating DOJ policy – I think you have Mueller confused with Comey.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Yeah, you guys do seem to have your own little echo chamber going here?

Haven't gotten thru the whole thing. It's dense and long. I've just skimmed it, closely read only a few sections here and there.

You articulate quite a narrow little criterion for assessing Barr. "Directly contradict"? Barr is an attorney. His misrepresentations were carefully crafted and professional.

So...ur saying that POTUS did indeed conspire w/Russia and he also tried to stop the Mueller probe?

Interesting. That’s not what the Mueller Report says at all. Are we talking about the same thing?

I’m confused.

Now go get your TDS vaccination shot, turn off CNN and get some help.
    What's "TDS"?
    Oh! Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Very apt term for what the Republican Party and its propaganda arm Fox News have been going thru, these past few years. It'll be interesting to see how or if they reassess themselves in 5 to 10 yrs.

So...ur saying that POTUS did indeed conspire w/Russia and he also tried to stop the Mueller probe?

Interesting. That’s not what the Mueller Report says at all.

I’m confused.
    I can see that. The Mueller Report very clearly lays out a case that POTUS committed obstruction of justice. Or, excuse me, that his conduct met every criteria that establishes the elements of an obstruction charge.

I can see that. The Mueller Report very clearly lays out a case that POTUS committed obstruction of justice. Or, excuse me, that his conduct met every criteria that establishes the elements of an obstruction charge.
    So, he didn’t conspire with Russia, but he did try to stop the investigation into a crime that never happened? Is that what you’re saying?

Again, I’m still confused. That’s not what the Mueller Report says. If Mueller thought Trump committed a crime...the report would’ve clearly stated that. It didn’t.

Are you deliberately disputing the report because you don’t know what it says or are you deliberately disputing it because you disagree w/Mueller’s findings?

Do you know what the legal definition of obstruction of justice is? If you don’t...look it up. I think it’ll help you understand everything a little better and why Mueller didn’t recommend any charges.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 05-18-2019 at 12:02 PM.

So, he didn’t conspire with Russia, but he did try to stop the investigation?
    He absolutely 100% did try to stop the investigation.

Although the report also said that many of the people around him failed to carry out his orders.

The report does NOT say that he didn't conspire with Russia. It says that it would be tough to prove that they violated the relevant campaign statutes, because many of them require knowledge or the rules and/or intent to break them. Tough standard.

Not the same thing as, the actions didn't happen.

Again, I’m confused.
    That's what days spent listening to Faux News will get you.

If Mueller thought Trump committed a crime – the report would’ve clearly stated that.
    I love these "if Mueller thought X then he would've Y" statements. You & Rob are so tight, you know what he "would have" done, huh?

Here's some of what he actually wrote"
    "Third, we considered whether to evaluate the conduct we investigated under the Justice Manual standards governing prosecution and declination decisions, but we determined not to apply an approach that could potentially result in a judgment that the President committed crimes."
    Instead they adhered to DOJ policy that a sitting president cannot stand trial. There's a different mechanism for dealing with a sitting president, as Mueller makes clear later:
    "With respect to whether the President can be found to have obstructed justice by exercising his powers under Article II of the Constitution, we concluded that Congress has authority to prohibit a President's corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice. [...] The conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President's corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law."

Are you deliberately disputing the report because you don’t know what it says or are you deliberately disputing it because you disagree w/Mueller’s findings?
    I'm not disputing the report. I'm disputing your deliberate mischaracterizations of the report.

Do you know what the legal definition of obstruction of justice is? If you don’t...look it up. I think it’ll help you understand everything a little better.
    Not in your jurisdiction, I don't.

I wonder if these folks know the legal definition of obstruction?

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

He absolutely 100% did try to stop the investigation.

Although the report also said that many of the people around him failed to carry out his orders.

The report does NOT say that he didn't conspire with Russia. It says that it would be tough to prove that they violated the relevant campaign statutes, because many of them require knowledge or the rules and/or intent to break them. Tough standard.

Not the same thing as, the actions didn't happen.

That's what days spent listening to Faux News will get you.

I love these "if Mueller thought X then he would've Y" statements. You & Rob are so tight, you know what he "would have" done, huh?

Here's some of what he actually wrote"Instead they adhered to DOJ policy that a sitting president cannot stand trial. There's a different mechanism for dealing with a sitting president, as Mueller makes clear later:

I'm not disputing the report. I'm disputing your deliberate mischaracterizations of the report.

Not in your jurisdiction, I don't.

I wonder if these folks know the legal definition of obstruction?

I disagree.

I disagree.
    Okay.