Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 121314

Re: Are we a better team with Mallet at QB?

If the Giants can bench Eli Manning we can bench Joe Flacco.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-quarterback/

He’s our quarterback. I have a lot of confidence in Eli. That hasn’t changed,” McAdoo said, via Bob Glauber of Newsday.

I'll believe it when I see it, especially if there's no injury...

Blog Entries

When did Eli get benched? Or you mean taken out of the game because they are down by 30? Or Are you saying Eli isn't starting the next time they are playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    When did Eli get benched? Or you mean taken out of the game because they are down by 30? Or Are you saying Eli isn't starting the next time they are playing

He's talking about the rumblings from McAdoo and others that they might get other QBs "looks" during the rest of the season.

Again, I think it will be a lot of what we think it is... teams down by 20 in the 4th, and they take Eli out for somebody else. Not really what I personally consider "benching". Benching, to me, is the Giants straight up tell Eli he's not playing at all (while healthy) to see if the guys behind him are any better.

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    He's talking about the rumblings from McAdoo and others that they might get other QBs "looks" during the rest of the season.

Again, I think it will be a lot of what we think it is... teams down by 20 in the 4th, and they take Eli out for somebody else. Not really what I personally consider "benching". Benching, to me, is the Giants straight up tell Eli he's not playing at all (while healthy) to see if the guys behind him are any better.
    At least Eli Manning is being put on notice. Our coach strategy seems similar to Baghdad Bobs you can't pretend away the way Flacco is currently playing.

And a good coach would confront it head on and a good player would be taking responsibility instead of saying we no it's you Joe.

At least Eli Manning is being put on notice. Our coach strategy seems similar to Baghdad Bobs you can't pretend away the way Flacco is currently playing.

And a good coach would confront it head on and a good player would be taking responsibility instead of saying we no it's you Joe.
    The Giants apparently have proper ownership, and front office who will make the hard decision.

The Ravens currently do not. It appears our Owner has become too close to his head coach, and QB if you think back to end of the year presser last year and the pre draft presser this year. It has been talked about a lot lately how Steve B and Harbaugh are too close of friends and that is over shadowing his judgement

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    The Giants apparently have proper ownership, and front office who will make the hard decision.

The Ravens currently do not. It appears our Owner has become too close to his head coach, and QB if you think back to end of the year presser last year and the pre draft presser this year. It has been talked about a lot lately how Steve B and Harbaugh are too close of friends and that is over shadowing his judgement
    The Giants didn't sign Eli to a stupid contract. It was expensive but they save almost $10 million by moving on next year

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post

Big difference in NY is that they have a rookie 3rd round QB on the bench. If they want to get that kid some game action at the end of the year when they are eliminated and shut Eli down, that would make sense. If the Ravens were in that situation, I would agree with that here too.

But we don't have that here. We have no rookie prospect, we only have Ryan Mallett. So unless the Giants bench Eli and start Geno Smith, the situations are not at all alike. And if the they do that, they are a truly lost franchise.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Big difference in NY is that they have a rookie 3rd round QB on the bench. If they want to get that kid some game action at the end of the year when they are eliminated and shut Eli down, that would make sense. If the Ravens were in that situation, I would agree with that here too.

But we don't have that here. We have no rookie prospect, we only have Ryan Mallett. So unless the Giants bench Eli and start Geno Smith, the situations are not at all alike. And if the they do that, they are a truly lost franchise.
    They won't bench Eli. No team is going to break an Iron man streak of a two time super bowl winning Qb. They may only play him a half each game no way they bench him