Page 44 of 330 FirstFirst ... 4243444546 ... LastLast

Re: 2018 Draft Thread -- because the "off-season" is when you get better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Holy shit. This site has a safety mocked to the Ravens. LOL

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php
    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see the FO go Defense in the 1st round again.
    I've been thinking we end up with Minkah fitzpatrick honestly for a while now. I'd be literally shocked if we pick anyone but a defensive player in the first. Where we'd draft right now is too late for a QB, Barkley, Too early for other HB like Guice or Love, Too early for the WR and TE this year.

that leaves you with OT's and defensive players.
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    The sad part, as ridiculous as it seems, I could see it happening with this group.
    So could I. In fact, if you were handicapping the position most likely to get a 1st round pick at this point, Safety would be #2, behind WR.

I legitimately don't really see RB or Oline in play for a first round pick at this point. So that leaves a Pass Catcher (WR/TE), or a defensive player, which would likely mean either Safety or Linebacker.

I also don't think using a first round pick on a defensive player means that its "same old, same old". What if they use their next 3-4 picks on offense... wouldn't that change things?

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I've been thinking we end up with Minkah fitzpatrick honestly for a while now. I'd be literally shocked if we pick anyone but a defensive player in the first. Where we'd draft right now is too late for a QB, Barkley, Too early for other HB like Guice or Love, Too early for the WR and TE this year.

that leaves you with OT's and defensive players.
    Draft Nelson.

Zero issue with that.

Him Jensen and Yanda would maul the shit out of people
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

4. Re: 2018 Draft Thread -- because the "off-season" is when you get better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Draft Nelson.

Zero issue with that.

Yes sir...believe we will be available picks 12-18...

Thinking about Mike Evans and how as a fake-GM, I was willing to trade up to get him over Beckham, Watkins and Cooks; and how I thought that he was a far better prospect than Kelvin Benjamin...

For any big WR/TE out there, part of my visit/workout would be to get him on the court for some 1-on-1 "exercises" vs. the biggest goon I can find.
    He'd have to have some skills, of course, but I'd have him play pretty aggressively.

I think that any prospect that can score and defend down low--has the feet, awareness of leverage, ability to use such leverage; and he's not scared of body-to-body contact.

For WRs, I'd run them through some Aikido and/or boxing drills too.

I'd have basketball and martial arts coaches/instructors as observers and evaluators as well.

All the GM has to do is provide insurance for prospects not signed/covered by big time agents.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

We will probably be picking around the 15-20 range... Quenton Nelson would make too much sense

Draft Nelson.

Zero issue with that.

I cant argue with an offensive linemen. I dont think the draft is top heavy for pass catchers this year... hopefully we can still find a back like Love in the 2nd and pick up a FA WR that can catch
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Nelson is a bad man. Would love to have him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ND has best oline coach in CFB. Nelson will be a beast from day one. Would love to see Ravens take him. He may end up in top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    ND has best oline coach in CFB. Nelson will be a beast from day one. Would love to see Ravens take him. He may end up in top 10.
    Has Nelson played at all with Ronnie Stanley?

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Has Nelson played at all with Ronnie Stanley?
    Probably the entire 2015 season, but here's evidence of at least one game (vs. Texas): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYq2bgtgmsI
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

One of my favorite players all ready. Ill be hyping him. Let Lewis compete for RT with Howard.
    Don't let up - this would be a good mantra for Ozzie. I expect us to be picking between 12-16 - dunno if we will have a chance for him. There are several bad teams, worse than us, who have bad Olines.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

12. Re: 2018 Draft Thread -- because the "off-season" is when you get better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    So could I. In fact, if you were handicapping the position most likely to get a 1st round pick at this point, Safety would be #2, behind WR.

I legitimately don't really see RB or Oline in play for a first round pick at this point. So that leaves a Pass Catcher (WR/TE), or a defensive player, which would likely mean either Safety or Linebacker.

I also don't think using a first round pick on a defensive player means that its "same old, same old". What if they use their next 3-4 picks on offense... wouldn't that change things?
    With the way our 2nd round picks pan out? No, it wouldn't.