Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: How y'all feel about Ronnie Stanley?

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I think a thread on Stanley is borderline moronic. People don't like him because he is not a criminal. The guy has been one of the better LTs when he has played. he had a couple of tough games when he came back from injury during his rookie year but otherwise has been stellar. Conklin does not even play LT. Everyone on here is crying about losing our 5th round RT and yet thinks Conklin is great. Tunsil has been underwhelming at LT this year. He was decent as a G last year. Stanley was not a sexy pick but that guy is going to be a Pro Bowler if he can stay healthy. Every LT has a bad game occasionally and gets beat. Stanley won't be JO but very few guys are first ballot HOF LTs.

The biggest problem on offense is the revolving door at the G position due to injuries. That combined with a first year C and a guy who was signed midway through the pre season at RT. We have a back up swing T playing LG and a total disaster at RG. Hopefully Roman can get this fixed on the fly.
    Great post. That's a lot of patch work to be done

I think a thread on Stanley is borderline moronic. People don't like him because he is not a criminal. The guy has been one of the better LTs when he has played. he had a couple of tough games when he came back from injury during his rookie year but otherwise has been stellar. Conklin does not even play LT. Everyone on here is crying about losing our 5th round RT and yet thinks Conklin is great. Tunsil has been underwhelming at LT this year. He was decent as a G last year. Stanley was not a sexy pick but that guy is going to be a Pro Bowler if he can stay healthy. Every LT has a bad game occasionally and gets beat. Stanley won't be JO but very few guys are first ballot HOF LTs.

The biggest problem on offense is the revolving door at the G position due to injuries. That combined with a first year C and a guy who was signed midway through the pre season at RT. We have a back up swing T playing LG and a total disaster at RG. Hopefully Roman can get this fixed on the fly.
    This. I can't believe with all the legitimate problems we have on the OL that someone is picking on Stanley.

Stanley is going to be fine. When you are playing O-line, you're not on an island. How the line moves together, recognizes blitzes and stunts, provides assistance to one another is huge to the unit's overall success. The more the line personnel gets shuffled, the lower the possibility that this cohesiveness is developed. When injuries decimate a line, its not as simple as "plug and play" to build the overall chemistry of the unit. It takes them stacking days and games together for that to form. This line hasn't had a chance to gel, and losing their technical and emotional leader hasn't helped things at all.

The best we can hope for is a stem in the tide of injuries, and getting a unit that can stack those days together. Less confusion, less problem with timing on pulling plays, and understanding each other's tendencies will help improve individual performance, as well as overall play.
    Got to keep the loonies on the path

So you think fans only like players who are criminals or was this just a poor choice of words?

Fans like players who can play. Many Bengals fans actually like Burfict as player but acts like an ass(notice I did not use the words criminal, thug, rapist, abuser etc.). Many Bengals fans like AJ Green because the guy can flat out play. Many Bengals fans don't like Dalton because while I believe he can play he's too up and down for me and probably them.

As for Stanley I think he's a pretty good player that plays a position where the less you're talked about the better you are. He's only going to get better over his career and is the long term solution for the Ravens at LT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    I can't believe with all the legitimate problems we have on the OL that someone is picking on Stanley.
    Well said, trail. With the less than average (I'm being kind) mumbo-jumbo on our Oline, the one bright spot is Stanley. Thank goodness we've got him... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    look at that Ronnie Stanley up there

Blog Entries

Baldy is there a stat for center and guard play to date?

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    People don't like Stanley because he ain't a criminal? Ok.

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    I don't think he means it 100% literally, but there's something to be said for the sentiment. People tend to latch on to narratives can use to criticize the coach or FO for (certainly not exclusive to here), so for armchair scouts who really wanted Tunsil this is ammo for them. I definitely heard "choir boy" or other similar terms used as a negative specifically towards Stanley quite a few times after the pick was made.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    There a list with a Hurst or Skara or London?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    look at that Ronnie Stanley up there
    Whitworth going a long way in making the Rams offense go

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Whitworth going a long way in making the Rams offense go
    That Rams offense did a 360 in a matter of an offseason with a HC change....don't be like the Rams on Jeff Fischer Ravens.