Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Baltimore trip 2010!

You better read that DWan Edwards thread first.

He says we're mean and nasty and one transplant agrees with him.

Wink Re: Baltimore trip 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by Irishraven View Post
    staying first night in DC, 2nd and 3rd night in Ocean City - saturday and sunday night in Baltimore and then final night which is the Monday back in DC...
    Niall: There is a Terps home game vs. Florida International on Sept 25th vs. Florida International, starting time still to be announced. Tickets should be easy to ovtain.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

3. Re: Baltimore trip 2010!

Any of the US guys fancy Maryland - Morgan State game on the 11th when me and Katie are over?
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    Any of the US guys fancy Maryland - Morgan State game on the 11th when me and Katie are over?
    Not likely, with Navy's home opener (for which I already have tickets) starting at 3:30 pm and Md-Morgan at 6 pm-- we wouldn't get seated at Byrd Stadium until the 3rd Q. The home doubleheaders only work out when the Terps games start at noon and Middies at 3:30. I'll try, but it may be tough to convince my wife.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

5. Re: Baltimore trip 2010!

I could be tempted to switch to the Navy game. Dobbs is meant to be pretty good.

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W

Go Navy !!!

Don't forget to make time for the Cheesecake Factory after our self-sacrifice last time out, and of course the 'Lemonade' is
    "We ain't stinking Redskins fans in this Town sonny!"

7. Re: Baltimore trip 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    Go Navy !!!

Don't forget to make time for the Cheesecake Factory after our self-sacrifice last time out, and of course the 'Lemonade' is
    Yep, I think I'll eat nothing but salt for a few days before though - so I can handle the sugar!

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W

Dave-
    Think twice before you take any more Duck Boat rides. Bad news out of Philly:

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A disabled sightseeing boat adrift in the Delaware River with at least 37 people aboard was struck by a barge and capsized Wednesday, spilling passengers into the water and leaving two people unaccounted for after a frantic rescue effort.

The amphibious "duck boat" had gone into the water just after 2:30 p.m. and suffered a mechanical problem and a small fire, officials said. It was struck about 10 minutes later, then sank.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    Yep, I think I'll eat nothing but salt for a few days before though - so I can handle the sugar!
    Hmmmmm - is that a Scottish reaction to the situation?

Quote Originally Posted by TOEMAN View Post
    Dave-
    Think twice before you take any more Duck Boat rides. Bad news out of Philly:

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A disabled sightseeing boat adrift in the Delaware River with at least 37 people aboard was struck by a barge and capsized Wednesday, spilling passengers into the water and leaving two people unaccounted for after a frantic rescue effort.

The amphibious "duck boat" had gone into the water just after 2:30 p.m. and suffered a mechanical problem and a small fire, officials said. It was struck about 10 minutes later, then sank.
    Is that where the Baltimore 'Duck' ride went to?

Unfortunately we've had to bail on our Baltimore trip - flight prices seem to be much higher this year. Also couldn't get a schedule to work out for a multiple sport trip. (that didn't have me jumping from train to train!)

We've booked Denver instead - flights were strangely much cheaper (€500) and managed to score 4 lower level seats in the ticketmaster sale for Raiders @ Broncos.... Avalanche playing at home twice that weekend and CU buffs hosting Texas Tech sealed the deal... Icing on the cake would be if the Rockies made the NLCS!

So, fingers crossed that we'll all be attending the Superbash this year shouting on the Ravens...

Until the release of next years schedule!

12. Re: Baltimore trip 2010!

Where's the best bar to watch road games. We'll be looking for somewhere to watch the Bengals game. I seem to (vaguely and blurrily) remember going to Mothers post Browns game last year for a bit. That any good for away games? Basically I want somewhere with a bit of atmosphere.

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W